4mxi or 6mxi?

Topics related to CScope metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
MDF Auction - Cscope Videos
Blackrat

4mxi or 6mxi?

Post by Blackrat » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:21 pm

Hi,
Like every other beginner I am trying to make choices about which machine to buy and I have narrowed my choice down to 2 C.Scope machines. From my research so far it seems that the 4 and the 6 are broadly similar and it is only the discrimination that's different.

Apart from one having a straight design and the other having the S design it seems that the coils are the same. As far as I can see the 6 gives you three tones and the ability to alter where they come in and at what volume where the 4 gives you one tone but it allows you the equivalent of three tones by using a switch to split up the single tone into different levels, so in effect doing a similar job. With a couple of hundred pounds between them in price, have I missed anything?

The one thing I don't have is practical experience of the two machines, is there anything in the use of these two systems that gives you a big advantage with the 6? The machines both weigh the same, does the straight shaft of the new 6 make a difference over the S shape of the 4?

Lots of questions I know but I would be grateful for any thoughts.

Cheers,
BR

mrix
Founder

Re: 4mxi or 6mxi?

Post by mrix » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:05 am

Hello Blackrat, I have never personally owned any of the CScope machines you mention but if its anything to go by the 6mxi has by far been the most popular machine regarding member purchases at the MDF.
As an idea we have over 60 posts on the 6mxi and only 8 on the 4mxi
Best of luck in whatever you decide ::g
Cheers
mrix

Blackrat

Post by Blackrat » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:10 am

I have found some good deals on the 6mxi and I am really tempted but I don't want to spend extra if the 4 is just as good. It's a tricky one. Any advice would be good, thanks.

Cheers,
BR

Blackrat

Post by Blackrat » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:18 am

Thanks mrix,

Its probably not a bad idea to follow the crowd. I think I feel an order coming on, I'm waiting on two clubs to get back to me, one which has permissions for club members, also two landowners, but I think I will just dive in. There's always the garden and the beaches lol

Cheers,
BR

Return to “CScope Forum”