Minelab pro pointer

Only for the discussion of the Minelab PRO-FIND 15, 25 and the 35 Pro-Find Pinpointers
russdelaneyuk

Minelab pro pointer

Post by russdelaneyuk » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:51 am

Just bought the Minelab pro pointer, anyone had any experience with it?

mrix
Founder

Re: Minelab pro pointer

Post by mrix » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:16 am

Hello russdelaneyuk, the ProPointer is the Garrett pinpointer and the Pro-Find is the Minelab pinpointer ::g
I have not personally used the Pro-find myself.
Best of luck
mrix

threemiles

Post by threemiles » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:48 am

Hi Russ
I have the minelab, and it's awesome.
I have only used it a few times, but am very happy with it. A lot of folk seem to be fanatical about the Garrett, but I have never owned one, so can't compare although I suspect they both do the same job at the end of the day, albeit the minelab is a bit more expensive :(
Three

DigItDevo

Post by DigItDevo » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:39 pm

I currently use the pro find, only because i won it in a raffle, before that i had a pro pointer.
They are both really good but i have to say i cannot see the point in adjustable sensitivity on the pro find, i have it up to maximum all the time.
IMHO its just a more expensive garret really.

Steve
Minelab Safari and Garrett Pro Pointer

russdelaneyuk

Post by russdelaneyuk » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Thank for the replies, I have not tried the pro pointer so wont be able to compare.

I went for this one as I use Minelab detectors, should arrive tomorrow so will use that as an excuse to go out for a couple of hours :D

threemiles

Post by threemiles » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:39 pm

DigItDevo wrote:I currently use the pro find, only because i won it in a raffle, before that i had a pro pointer.
They are both really good but i have to say i cannot see the point in adjustable sensitivity on the pro find, i have it up to maximum all the time.
IMHO its just a more expensive garret really.

Steve
Steve
I think there are a few features that are useful, depending on your environment. The ULF may help those who struggle with inteference with their scope, and the sensitivity is useful in different ground scenarios.
That said, I agree. For "normal" scenarios, I think they are pretty much at the same point really.
Three

Return to “Minelab PRO-FIND 15, 25 and 35 PinPointer Forum”