MMK Deep mode?

All topics related to Makro / Nokta metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Makro Videos
digger112

MMK Deep mode?

Post by digger112 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:28 pm

I never really used it all day or some long time.
I am wondering how deep for real can it go?
Did anyone of you guys used it (or still using it) as a "default" mode on any kind of ground/field?
Was looking around but can't see anywhere posted how deep it is, like "guaranteed" depth.
I have a couple months this machine and I still am in play with it on field sometimes, but still never got a real time for it to search for all modes, so I would like to hear from you all about it.

Jacza

Re: MMK Deep mode?

Post by Jacza » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:10 am

Last year I made some air tests, so you can see what is possible at best condition (measured in cm, with stock coil):

Image 1: 14 kHz, 3 tone, gain 99
Image 2: 14 kHz, 4 tone, gain 90
Image 3: 14 kHz, deep, gain 90
Image 4: 14 kHz, 2 tone, Gain 90
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ninja nige

Post by ninja nige » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:27 pm

hi.
i use deep mode all the time,
it is chirpy but i am used to it as Whites MXT range is the same on high gain
i use Nel tornado coil which is very good
gain on 92 or 94 normally
isat 0
fe 0

depth is always variable on soil conditions but on wet pasture it is as deep seeking as you could wish for.
slow swing speed helps keep it quieter and stable, as does good ground balance.
14hz is normal search choice
19hz will work better on small stuff but less stable at high gain
you will dig big iron but thats ok
i have had many machines and it is as deep as any on same coil size if you have good swing technique.
nige
WHITES MXT, MXT-PRO,mxt sport..MAKRO MULTI KRUZER.. 750 formula racing car, arsenal season ticket. `11 cats

digger112

Post by digger112 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:29 pm

Thanks for reply guys.
1 more question as I'm interested how to fix that problem, to say so.
I search on plowed land, but it is real wet and looks like mineralization is real high,
so I am wondering how to fix that?
I tested all modes, mostly 3 and 4 tone modes, with gain 89-90 but not much help.
Strange problem is - I am digging mostly irons even I turned tone to 0.
I notched it too, as it's usual ID is 04, but now it gives me different ID and when I dig it - it is iron.
Help?

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:37 am

Just a little addition to the initial question, when in deep mode it is very important to slow your swing speed down to get better depth and not miss any deep targets ::g

Jacza

Post by Jacza » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:57 pm

digger112 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:29 pm
Thanks for reply guys.
I search on plowed land, but it is real wet and looks like mineralization is real high,
I tested all modes, mostly 3 and 4 tone modes, with gain 89-90 but not much help.
I notched it too, as it's usual ID is 04, but now it gives me different ID and when I dig it - it is iron.
Help?
If you have problems with mineralization you should rather lower the gain.

If I have problems with "false iron" I first look if my GB is right. Then I try to swing as low as I can above the object, at some point the good signal turns into iron. Also if the ID is very jumpy, iron is possible, so I try only to dig stable IDs. In the deeper modes (4 tone and deep) iron is harder to identify, also with higher frequencies...

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:16 pm

digger112 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:29 pm
Thanks for reply guys.
Help?
I had similar issues with my Racer 2 and Deep mode...I found you really need to reduce the sensitivity down to around 75 to get stable TDIs on a good range of targets, and then usually the really jumpy ones were big iron...

In the end, I used to use it mostly in 2 tone (second deepest mode on the Racer 2) and then switched to Deep when I hit a borderline target..

I should add that when checking in Deep mode, I had no discrimination applied which I felt gave me the best chance of spotting iron..

I still dug a lot of ferrous and a lot of coke simply because the ground I detect over is quite contaminated that way but the Racer did turn up some good finds for me..

I have switched to another machine now, and coke is a thing of the past and I also dig less iron. However, I can't honestly say I have increased my finds rate or am I finding stuff any deeper, just digging less holes! Lol
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

digger112

Post by digger112 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:01 am

I know it is offtopic, but I don't want to open many topics, so I will ask here.

I was wondering about 2 tone.

I am searching on plowed land (all the time) and only trash there is iron, so I want to know what is Ferus and what is not - simple.

I never used it yet.

Is it deep as 3 tone is too?

Also, about TBreak and Tones if you have anything to add?

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Nokta Makro Forum”