Racer red and wireless

All topics related to Makro / Nokta metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Makro Videos
slipper

Racer red and wireless

Post by slipper » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:17 pm

I bought a bluetooth transmitter and some bluetooth headphones for the racer, made sure they both supported aptX low latency.

Tested on a digital player and computer and they work perfectly with very little latency.

Tried them on the Racer and got a very distorted signal, and either low volume or very high.

The only difference is I am using a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter for the Racer plug socket,, so wondering if that is the problem. Ordered a couple of good quality adapters.

Am I safe in assuming that this should work on a Racer, 4.1 BT and aptX, all the other jargon I don't understand. :)

Red Racer

sweepstick47

Re: Racer red and wireless

Post by sweepstick47 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:42 pm

A wee bump for this unanswered question
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Ladybird66

Post by Ladybird66 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:54 pm

As far as I know they should work. I’ve used the same set up on 2 Minelabs and not had a problem.
Having said that you do need to make sure that the connections are secure. If they move around while you’re detecting you’ll get a broken or crackling signal.
Make sure all the plugs are a snug fit.
Sorry can’t advise any further.

slipper

Post by slipper » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:22 pm

Thanks guys, awaiting new adapter for plug and will try again. Does sound like a connection problem.
Good that no one has said racer don't work :)
Red Racer

crastinblack

Post by crastinblack » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:46 pm

Hi,

I've got the red racer and I use it with a Taotronics bluetooth transmitter and Taotronics bluetooth headphones. This definitely does work- gives good audio and no latency that I can notice.

Try the new connector first.

If you don't get anywhere try switching the detector to pinpoint or all metal mode so that it's giving a sound constantly and see what the headphones sound like. It might be that the headphones go into a 'sleep' mode because they're not seeing any audio come through, then when you move over metal and get a short beep they struggle to wake up in time and you get a distorted sound... Just thinking out loud.

Hope you manage to get the issue resolved!

Love the racer ::g

slipper

Post by slipper » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:56 pm

Many thanks crastinblack, , its good to know that it is possible as you have done it.
Tried the new connector but still same prob.
Will try what you suggest, but pretty sure phones not sleeping.
If all else fails I will try another transmitter.

Agree, racer is a great machine, be lucky.

PS, may I ask which Taotronics trans you got, I notice they range a lot in price.
Red Racer

Macroman

Post by Macroman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:32 pm

Hey crastinblack.its great to hear that your still using the GREAT MAKRO RACER (RED)...I'm still using Predictor headphones....but seriously thinking that I will change to cable free...I will follow this thread and see how it eventually pans out.
Good hunting to all..👍

crastinblack

Post by crastinblack » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:27 pm

Sure thing, the headphones are Taotronics TT-BH20 on-ear (they were about £20 from a certain well-known online store) and the transmitter is Taotronics TT-BA07 (again about £20 but from a certain auction site).

The headphones have even got a red stripe to match the Racer :ml

Ladybird66

Post by Ladybird66 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:43 pm

If you decide on another transmitter give me a shout.
I went for TaoTronics phones and Transmitter. Mine is a TT-BA01. I only used the set up a few times, didn’t get on with the detector so went mad and bought a NOX.
I’m using the phones with the new detector but have the transmitter and a choice of a really good quality LONG lead or a cheaper SHORT one. I had no problems with the set up.

Send me a PM when you decide ::g

slipper

Post by slipper » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:26 am

crastinblack wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:27 pm
Sure thing, the headphones are Taotronics TT-BH20 on-ear (they were about £20 from a certain well-known online store) and the transmitter is Taotronics TT-BA07 (again about £20 but from a certain auction site).

The headphones have even got a red stripe to match the Racer :ml
Thanks for the info, I have dropped Makro a line, worth a try, but think it may also possibly be my transmitter, as only a cheap one £7, onwards and upwards :)
Red Racer

slipper

Post by slipper » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:48 am

Ladybird66 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:43 pm
If you decide on another transmitter give me a shout.
I went for TaoTronics phones and Transmitter. Mine is a TT-BA01. I only used the set up a few times, didn’t get on with the detector so went mad and bought a NOX.
I’m using the phones with the new detector but have the transmitter and a choice of a really good quality LONG lead or a cheaper SHORT one. I had no problems with the set up.

Send me a PM when you decide ::g
Thank you Ladybird, I will await any reply from Makro, then have a think from there.
Taotronics are upto BA11 now for just the trans, and only seem available from that huge retailer.
Red Racer

slipper

Post by slipper » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:42 pm

Eureka !!

Its all working, it turned out to be my cheap transmitter.

All ok now with TaoTronics TT BA11 transmitter (£20) to Refurbished August EP650 headphones.(£17)

Thanks to all for suggestions and confirmation it should work.:)
Red Racer

crastinblack

Post by crastinblack » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:46 pm

Nice one!

Do you detect with The Searchers? If so, I'll see you out on the field some time. Come and say hello, I'm the one with the Racer ;)

Return to “Nokta Makro Forum”