Which coil

All topics related to Makro / Nokta metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Makro Videos
MrDooza

Which coil

Post by MrDooza » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:50 pm

I detect on quiet pasture mostly and I'm after a bigger coil for my mmk. Any ideas on which one would be great. As I see it there is a choice between the kr40, af35, nel big or Mars goliath. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Bors

Re: Which coil

Post by Bors » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:30 pm

If I were you I`d stick with the one that it came with.If a BIG coil was that good ,it would come with one as the standard coil .The big coils only enhance "big " targets by an inch or two max over the stock coil, and for the big bucks they cost ,their often not going to be worth the outlay, and on top of that they depreciate in value big time on the second hand market .So if your happy to spend Big bucks and have Big depreciation with not a lot to show ,the decisions yours.
I have a 13" coil for my T2SE but it never gets used & I even don`t bother fitting it if I was to use Boost mode. They " see through" small hammereds at sizeable depths and in general only like big targets such as artefacts.If its Coins your after Personaly I`d stick with the std coil or if you want to hunt in amongs`t the Iron, get a Small 4" type coil they are much much sharper .
Oh and the 13" coil was with the T2 SE when I bought it ,if your wondering .

Return to “Nokta Makro Forum”