TID Numbers?? Racer 2

All topics related to Makro / Nokta metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Makro Videos
Pete E

TID Numbers?? Racer 2

Post by Pete E » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:51 pm

I know TID numbers are only an "indication" but I seem to be getting a fair few finds with TID's in the 50's and up that turn out to be rusted "something"...I would have thought anything capable of rusting so badly would have a low TDI?

The machine in question is a Racer 2 and it was on two tone with very little discrm dialled in..

Also, how do TID's vary between different brands of detector? For instance, I believe 4 is generally ferrous which around 8 to 10 is often foil??

Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Bibelot

Re: TID Numbers?? Racer 2

Post by Bibelot » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:44 pm

Late as usual but I thought to give what I think is happening, it is averaging up the ID number. The rust layers in the ground is enhancing or making the carbon content read higher than normal.360 the target and see if it changes, a good target ID will jump noticeably higher in one direction.
XP deus, Makro racer, Makro Racer 2 , Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Anfibio

Pete E

Re: TID Numbers?? Racer 2

Post by Pete E » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:37 pm

The more I use the machine, the better I am getting at interpreting whats going on..So far I would say that targets with fluctuating TID tend to be trash such as rusty scrap where as "pure" targets such coins, buttons or musket balls tend to have fairly constant targets..I am also noticing the same with the associated tones...

Coke seems to be a bit of a wild card with some what variable TID's, same with aluminium, which I think is down to the various alloy's you can find it in, along with its "form" ie thin foil is often different to the thicker stuff which is different again to ring pulls....
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Return to “Nokta Makro Forum”