PulseDive 2-in-1 set

All topics related to Makro / Nokta metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Makro Videos
Saffron

PulseDive 2-in-1 set

Post by Saffron » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:45 pm

Has anybody seen any independent reviews, or better still tried, one of these new PulseDive 2-in-1 (pinpointer / scuba detector) sets?

https://www.noktadetectors.com/metal-de ... -in-1-set/

I use the Nokta Makro pinpointer and would happily recommend it and used the Racer 2 so I have experience of the brand and can vouch for the reliabilty and quality of the make (any thing I use has to be sturdy!).

I like the idea of this item, use it inland with the standard pinpointing tip and then on the beach it can be used as a scuba detector by simply replacing the tip with the coil.

I have no intention of going scuba diving but have certainly been on beaches where this would have been very useful in the rockpools where using a standard detector was not possible or you might not want to for some reason.

The price I saw was £179, which considering many pinpointers are around the £100 or more mark seems very reasonable (and is only £10 more than the xp MI-6 pinpointer).

Evan

Junior

Re: PulseDive 2-in-1 set

Post by Junior » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:20 am

I suppose could be used on land for those hard to get to crevices on or near rock pools , cuts under sea defences etc where a detector would be unweilding with the steam???? Supp u get some sort of extra depth with the search head ???? :D

Spanish digger

Post by Spanish digger » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:30 pm

Will be released next week.just had message from manufacturers. Great tool for us beach hunters especially gravel an rock beaches where you can't get a scoop.I use a very strong plastic rake the size of your hand and drag the target out.,,with this will be a lot quicker

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:04 pm

Junior wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:20 am
I suppose could be used on land for those hard to get to crevices on or near rock pools , cuts under sea defences etc where a detector would be unweilding with the steam???? Supp u get some sort of extra depth with the search head ???? :D
Blimey Junior that must be an old detector you are using if it is steam driven =)) =)) =)) =))

I can certainly image situations where you could use this where the size of a standard detector would make it unusable. One video I saw even said it could be used in small spaces like the attic, not that I have ever tried detecting in the attic - but would be useful if were trying to find pipes or wires before doing DIY.

Another video showed air tests on various coins and the coil search head did get more "depth" than the pinpointer (but only a max of about an inch with £2, £1, 50p and 2p coins).

Spanish digger wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:30 pm
Will be released next week.just had message from manufacturers. Great tool for us beach hunters especially gravel an rock beaches where you can't get a scoop.I use a very strong plastic rake the size of your hand and drag the target out.,,with this will be a lot quicker
Spanish digger, it sounds as if you could be getting one, if you do once you have used it a bit could you please do a review.

Evan

Junior

Post by Junior » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:25 am

Junior wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:20 am
Blooming predict text ( and my failing eyes) off to dig some more coal to fire here up Saturday for Sunday ::g

Spanish digger

Post by Spanish digger » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:55 pm

Yes no problem with the review Evan. Latest test I see by sid.was 4 inches on coins.it was am air test so in wet sant could be deeper but he forgot to test the gold ring. Mine will arrive next week an will take it to a very rocky beach,where the nox don't like to go

Copperballs1

Post by Copperballs1 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:01 pm

A few vids on YouTube, link below for a review on the Pulsedive:-

Cheers Copperballs1 ::g

Spanish digger

Post by Spanish digger » Wed May 08, 2019 6:02 pm

Ok here's my review on the pulsedive.it's well built an easy to change
Coil to pointer.
Depth.
6.5cm 1g gold ring