The Nokta Makro Simplex has arrived

All topics related to Makro / Nokta metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Makro Videos
Hofling

Re: The Nokta Makro Simplex has arrived

Post by Hofling » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:48 am

Metallica wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:42 am
sweepstick47 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:06 pm
Metallica wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:51 pm

You'll manage without a doubt ::g The shop is a separate entity so you'll need to sign up to it and yes you can use your forum name if you like and add a password of your choosing ::g ss47
Thankyou , got signed in to the shop now . Decided to take the plunge and had offer accepted for the discount but no further instruction I can see what to do next . As on going to checkout it's still full price ..have emailed but no response yet , am I being impatient or doing something wrong !?
Hi Metallica,

I have the same question. I'll might get one simplex and wanted to buy from the MDF shop, but I am not sure if they give any estimated date for arrival, or other information.

Anyone with more experience buying on this shop could give us a hand? Maybe Blackadder?

thanks,

Christian.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:02 am

Hello all, I will get in contact with our dealer and update ::g
Thanks
mrix

Metallica

Post by Metallica » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:22 am

Thanks , I would rather buy from the MDF shop than elsewhere . It's not an issue to me if they're not in stock and have to wait , just was a bit confused after having an offer accepted and then no option of checking out with that offer . So some clarity would be much appreciated .

Hofling

Post by Hofling » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:05 pm

Metallica wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:22 am
Thanks , I would rather buy from the MDF shop than elsewhere . It's not an issue to me if they're not in stock and have to wait , just was a bit confused after having an offer accepted and then no option of checking out with that offer . So some clarity would be much appreciated .
I am not in a hurry too, but wouldn't want to wait a month, if at all possible.

Let's wait for mrix update.

Christian.

Barrie0

Post by Barrie0 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi,

I ordered a Macro Simplex from the MDF shop on the 11th November as it said they were in stock and didn't realise that sales go through a 3rd party. Never heard anything for a week, so I sent a message through the MDF shop and never heard anything back (still nothing).

I emailed the seller directly (from the email address on their website) and never received a reply, so called them up and they stated that they didn't get their full shipment through and should get another batch in/around the 27/28th November.

Haven't heard anything since. :E

Edit - Just checked my account today (last checked yesterday) and the shipment icon is now green. No message update however.

Metallica

Post by Metallica » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:53 pm

Barrie0 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:53 pm
Hi,

I ordered a Macro Simplex from the MDF shop on the 11th November as it said they were in stock and didn't realise that sales go through a 3rd party. Never heard anything for a week, so I sent a message through the MDF shop and never heard anything back (still nothing).

I emailed the seller directly (from the email address on their website) and never received a reply, so called them up and they stated that they didn't get their full shipment through and should get another batch in/around the 27/28th November.

Haven't heard anything since. :E

Edit - Just checked my account today (last checked yesterday) and the shipment icon is now green. No message update however.
Thats all very dissapointing to hear , i havent had a reply to an enquiry email myself after trying to make an order and not being able to checkout at the discounted price . This all seems a bit complicated , just want to place an order ( if its on back order thats fine ) ..make payment , and be kept updated on expected delivery time . Dont want to be second guessing and playing detective just to order a metal detector !

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:37 pm

I am not making excuses for customer service, but you have to remember that the simplex is a new to market detector, that is proving very popular world wide, and the UK is just a small part of the big picture.

You can pre order the simplex from other sources if you feel the MDF shop is not working for you, but you may not get the discount? As I understand it the simplex is in short supply right now, but orders are coming in every couple of weeks, but sell out on the same day that they arrive.
From what I have heard, read, and seen, this is a very good detector, and as such it would be prudent to be patient, if that is the detector you decide you want, and don't forget the finds hiding in the ground have been there for many years, they will probably still be there when you get the detector you want.

I would love to find somewhere to go right now, not been out for weeks, but I know my turn will come, and the fields will still have items to give up. Be lucky. ::g

BM [:)

Walk that line, torn apart
spend your whole life trying.
Ride that train, free your heart,
it's midnight up in Harlem.

Midnight in Harlem, Tedeschi Trucks Band

Metallica

Post by Metallica » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:11 pm

Totally agree , it does look excellent for the money and as such im more than happy to wait for one as i have said before . Also fully appreciate its new to the market and theres obviousely limited availability . Maybe my banging on has been a little misunderstood ..my only issue is trying to get some clarity as to wether my accepted offer on the MDF shop but not being able to check out , means i have pre ordered a Simplex or not ! Tried an email to no avail , without communication its impossible and i may have to get the ball rolling elsewhere to at least know i have secured one for whenever they come in .

Hofling

Post by Hofling » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:18 pm

Hi,

What is not clear also is about that discount. So you can choose which discount you want and keep trying until it is accepted? Is it automatically accepted, or someone has to go through it and authorize?

It is not clear how the process works.

See, I am not complaining because I haven't even ordered anything, but I agree that, if you place an order, you should get updates and the status of your order, even though it might take a while for the detector to be shipped.

I understand also that this Topic is to discuss the Simplex, not the shop, but since many people who read this topic are willing to buy it through this shop, I think it would be helpful to have some clarification as to how all of this works (discounts, updates, etc).

Best wishes,

Christian.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:22 pm

Hello, you simply have the option to make an offer, if its a fair offer it maybe accepted and if not then it will not ::g
When a offer has been made you simply have to wait for the offer to be accepted or declined.
Regarding when new stock is arriving I am unsure but am in the process of finding out ::g

Metallica

Post by Metallica » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:38 pm

Yes i did that , once my offer was up to the required amount to be accepted it flagged up that my offer was accepted , but at checkout it was still full price and no further instruction . Is it that its pending and someone has to approve it or something ?

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:51 pm

Metallica wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:38 pm
Yes i did that , once my offer was up to the required amount to be accepted it flagged up that my offer was accepted , but at checkout it was still full price and no further instruction . Is it that its pending and someone has to approve it or something ?
Hello if you made an offer and it was accepted it would then simply need the offer price paying for, if I remember correctly the offer you made was accepted and from what I can recall it was cheaper than the starting price.

I did send a message out that the listing now needed to be paid for as it was accepted but I was not aware it was showing as full price on checkout.
I have never once known this to of happened but its certainly something I could of looked into if you had let me know ::g

Metallica

Post by Metallica » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:05 am

mrix wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:51 pm
Metallica wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:38 pm
Hello if you made an offer and it was accepted it would then simply need the offer price paying for, if I remember correctly the offer you made was accepted and from what I can recall it was cheaper than the starting price.

I did send a message out that the listing now needed to be paid for as it was accepted but I was not aware it was showing as full price on checkout.
I have never once known this to of happened but its certainly something I could of looked into if you had let me know ::g

Thankyou , i didnt get any message ? and assumed the best thing was to email the shop on the contact us section on there , which i did and have had no reply . I have tried the process again and it just flags up that i have already made an offer of that amount . Would like to complete this order if you can advise further please . Regards ..Rod .

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:10 am

Hello, I can clearly see your offer and its now in a pending state for a dealer to accept or decline, this will likely be actioned tomorrow some time as its obviously very late now ::g

Metallica

Post by Metallica » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:22 am

Ok thankyou , i assumed as it flagged up as accepted it was a done deal . Will wait and see what happens tomorrow then ::g

andrewcrofts

Post by andrewcrofts » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:03 pm

Hi all. First day out on a muddy club dig with the simplex. It performed well on stubble and was easy to swing all day. Found a few bits and bobs, mainly lead but that's down to the location rather than the detector i think as most people there said they had similar stuff. My only gripe is that I was REALLY struggling to push the control buttons and get a response. I had a box cover on to keep the mud off, but at the end of the dig my thumb was numb from pushing that hard. Pin pointing was very difficult as when trying to hold down the button it kept jumping on and off momentarily. I'm going to take the box cover off and try it again to see if that makes a difference tomorrow. If not, it'll be back to the dealer to sort. I've not seen anyone else mention this issue, so think it must be the cover causing it. Other than that, I had a cracking day and don't regret buying the simplex as it performed as well as my old whites xlt.....
Cheers!

Pete01

Post by Pete01 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:16 am

andrewcrofts wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:03 pm
Hi all. First day out on a muddy club dig with the simplex. It performed well on stubble and was easy to swing all day. Found a few bits and bobs, mainly lead but that's down to the location rather than the detector i think as most people there said they had similar stuff. My only gripe is that I was REALLY struggling to push the control buttons and get a response. I had a box cover on to keep the mud off, but at the end of the dig my thumb was numb from pushing that hard. Pin pointing was very difficult as when trying to hold down the button it kept jumping on and off momentarily. I'm going to take the box cover off and try it again to see if that makes a difference tomorrow. If not, it'll be back to the dealer to sort. I've not seen anyone else mention this issue, so think it must be the cover causing it. Other than that, I had a cracking day and don't regret buying the simplex as it performed as well as my old whites xlt.....
Cheers!
I've heard of people having this sort of problem before!- check out the link below for a possible solution! ::g

https://www.google.com/search?q=thumb+e ... ITHa-UJI4M:

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:40 am

They are having shaft issues .

Although they seem a very good machine at a great price, and I’ve given my opinion on newcomers to the hobby to buy one ...
If you can wait a bit longer, wait

Hofling

Post by Hofling » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:57 am

PinkFloyd wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:40 am

Although they seem a very good machine at a great price, and I’ve given my opinion on newcomers to the hobby to buy one ...
If you can wait a bit longer, wait
Hi PF,

what type of issues?

Thanks,

Christian.

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:58 am

PinkFloyd wrote:

Really?

I have done a few Google searches looking for Nokta Makro Simplex shaft faults and I never got one hit for a shaft issue, the only two issues that I can find are the well reported issue with the first issue coils, this has now been fixed. And the only other issue is the lack of units that people can buy.

It really would be a great help if those who say there is a problem could substantiate the information with a link so that we can all see the source of the reported problem🤔

Hofling

Post by Hofling » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:08 pm

Bargeman wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:58 am
PinkFloyd wrote:

Really?

I have done a few Google searches looking for Nokta Makro Simplex shaft faults and I never got one hit for a shaft issue, the only two issues that I can find are the well reported issue with the first issue coils, this has now been fixed. And the only other issue is the lack of units that people can buy.

It really would be a great help if those who say there is a problem could substantiate the information with a link so that we can all see the source of the reported problem🤔

That would be helpful!

But I am a bit too late now, if there are any problems, as reported above!

I bought one from Joan Allen, should arrive in 2 days. Someone up there sent a post that it was available, and it really was. They said they had about ten units.

Well, for now I'll check when it arrives and if there are any of those issues, I'll have to speak to the tdealer.

Have a nice week everyone!

Christian.

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:27 pm

I’m sure if you’ve already bought one and they do appear to have an issue with the shaft, they will replace or do whatever needs to be done ....

You won’t find it mentioned anywhere . Believing me or not is upto you .

ratty

Post by ratty » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:37 pm

I have had no problem with my shaft, or the detectors.. very slightly flexi at full extension but apart from that it's great. ::g

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:41 pm

PinkFloyd wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:27 pm

You won’t find it mentioned anywhere .

And there you have it! x;

dondo

Post by dondo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:47 pm

ratty wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:37 pm
I have had no problem with my shaft, or the detectors.. very slightly flexi at full extension but apart from that it's great. ::g
like you it's very slightly flexi at full extension, but again like you i have no problem with the shaft on the detector. ::g

Metallica

Post by Metallica » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:28 pm

Hofling wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:08 pm
Bargeman wrote:
PinkFloyd wrote:

Really?

That would be helpful!

I bought one from Joan Allen, should arrive in 2 days. Someone up there sent a post that it was available, and it really was. They said they had about ten units.

Well, for now I'll check when it arrives and if there are any of those issues, I'll have to speak to the tdealer.

Christian.
Hi Christian , that's great that you're sorted , did you manage the wireless headphone option or have they just got the detector ? Cheers ...Rod

targets

Post by targets » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:13 pm

i found the 1st issue coils to be fine .its deep and good value machine
' hammys how i love ya, how i love ya my dear old hammys '

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:21 pm

Hello all, any pending orders that have been made at the MDFShop have now all been sent ::g

Hofling

Post by Hofling » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:49 pm

Metallica wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:28 pm
Hofling wrote:
Bargeman wrote:

Really?

That would be helpful!

Christian.
Hi Christian , that's great that you're sorted , did you manage the wireless headphone option or have they just got the detector ? Cheers ...Rod
Hi Metallica,

I got the normal one, without wireless, because that costs 100 pounds more!
On the MDF shop dealer’s website (if I am not mistaken, or some other website) showed that they had the + available, but I decided to go for the cheaper one. I hope that is the only difference!

Thanks for asking.

Cheers.

Christian

Pete01

Post by Pete01 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:20 pm

Hofling wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:49 pm
Metallica wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:28 pm
Hofling wrote:

That would be helpful!

Christian.
Hi Metallica,

I got the normal one, without wireless, because that costs 100 pounds more!
On the MDF shop dealer’s website (if I am not mistaken, or some other website) showed that they had the + available, but I decided to go for the cheaper one. I hope that is the only difference!

Thanks for asking.

Cheers.

Christian
I don't know what other peoples experiences are regarding the supposed shaft issues but I have noticed mine has some flex in it but it doesn't bother me when in use!- as long as it does the job and the penetration is reasonable I doub't there will be many complaints about it!.

I also went for the version without headphones because it was available and also becasue I wanted it as a back up detector so £299 versus £399 was the better option for me as I think £300 quid is the sort of price that I would consider really cheap for a detector (and worth the risk in trying it) whereas 400 is starting to feel like a little bit more money for my budget when I already had the Equinox!. My thinking was that I could always buy the headphones later if I really like the Simplex- or I can use my bluetooth transmitter/ reciever adptor!. I don't think anyone would regret buying one to be honest as it's not only a good performer on soil but it's also quite reasonable on the beach as well!. I wouldn't even think about ever getting a bigger coil for it though unless they sold it with a stiffer lower shaft section!. It's ok as it is but I think it's on the verge of just being ok with the weight of the 11 inch coil on it!.

The only other potential weakness to it might be the threads that connect the coil, and heaphones/ charger to the control box!- the threads on mine that connected the coil to the detector were really quite rough initially but after a clean with a brush and blowing out the connectors it appears to be ok now so it might have just been a bit of burr left over from the manufacturing process!. Although the connectors have appeared to become a bit smoother after a bit of cleaning and bedding in they still don't have that high quality feel to them when doing them up- but hopefully it won't be an issue in the long run. I've always been a bit fussy about the quality of threads on equipment so it might be something others wouldn't notice or maybe the threads were just a little rough initially on the one I bought.

It's worth mentioning that the flex in the lower shaft is due to the material and cross section of it (it's got a D-shaped cross section) meaning it flexes more forwards and back rather than side to side in the direction you swing it so thats probably why it doesn't really notice in use!- it's not the clamps that are loose or anything like that which would be much more annoying!. Everything else on the detector appears great and I have no complaints about it and even the slight flexy shaft and not the best quality threads on the connectors aren't an issue for me especially when taking in to account the price of the Simplex!.

Return to “Nokta Makro Forum”