The Nokta Makro Simplex has arrived

All topics related to Makro / Nokta metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Makro Videos
Metallica

Re: The Nokta Makro Simplex has arrived

Post by Metallica » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:54 pm

Hofling wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:49 pm
Metallica wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:28 pm
Hofling wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:08 pm

That would be helpful!

But I am a bit too late now, if there are any problems, as reported above!

I bought one from Joan Allen, should arrive in 2 days. Someone up there sent a post that it was available, and it really was. They said they had about ten units.

Well, for now I'll check when it arrives and if there are any of those issues, I'll have to speak to the tdealer.

Have a nice week everyone!

Christian.
Hi Christian , that's great that you're sorted , did you manage the wireless headphone option or have they just got the detector ? Cheers ...Rod
Hi Metallica,

I got the normal one, without wireless, because that costs 100 pounds more!
On the MDF shop dealer’s website (if I am not mistaken, or some other website) showed that they had the + available, but I decided to go for the cheaper one. I hope that is the only difference!

Thanks for asking.

Cheers.

Christian
Well nothing was moving with my previous attempt to even make an order , and feeling a bit left in limbo i have regrettably had to move on . Have now ordered from same place as you , and dont worry its all the same machine and you can add on the wireless headphones at a later date like i will be doing . Cheers ...Rod .

Hofling

Post by Hofling » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:23 pm

Hi Rod,

yes, that is the way a shop looses customers, unfortunately. Maybe this serves as an example for future orders.

I don't know about you, but this is my first Detector and so I don't have anything to compare it with. Although common sense and advice here said to find a place to detect first, and then buy the equipment, I thought that if I waited to close to Christmas I might end up just getting it next year, so that is why I ordered in J.A., but should it be available here (in this shop), I would have preferred to support it.

Mine should arrive Wednesday.

Anyway, let's see what happens. I am supposed to meet a bunch of guys here from our region next Monday (it is not a formal club), so hopefully I'll get some help for my first dig!

Thanks to all for the advice!

Christian.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:25 am

Hello all, the issue was our dealer had issues with the server his email resided on so any contact / questions were not reaching him unfortunately, he is in the process of moving to a new server.
Its obviously unfortunate but server issues can and will happen. As I explained in a prior reply all orders of the simplex were sent out ::g
Thanks all
mrix

Metallica

Post by Metallica » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:10 am

mrix wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:25 am
Hello all, the issue was our dealer had issues with the server his email resided on so any contact / questions were not reaching him unfortunately, he is in the process of moving to a new server.
Its obviously unfortunately but server issues can and will happen. As I explained in a prior reply all orders of the simplex were sent out ::g
Thanks all
mrix
That is understandable and thankyou for the explanation . I will still no doubt be needing several other pieces of kit and will look in again then .
Regards ...Rod

Hofling

Post by Hofling » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:39 pm

Metallica wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:10 am
mrix wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:25 am
Its obviously unfortunately but server issues can and will happen. As I explained in a prior reply all orders of the simplex were sent out ::g
Thanks all
mrix
That is understandable and thankyou for the explanation . I will still no doubt be needing several other pieces of kit and will look in again then .
Regards ...Rod
Yes indeed, this things happen.
Thanks for the explanation, like Metallica, I will need others things as well, and hopefully I can get them from our shop.

BW,

Christian.

bob79

Post by bob79 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:06 pm

andrewcrofts wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:03 pm
Hi all. First day out on a muddy club dig with the simplex. It performed well on stubble and was easy to swing all day. Found a few bits and bobs, mainly lead but that's down to the location rather than the detector i think as most people there said they had similar stuff. My only gripe is that I was REALLY struggling to push the control buttons and get a response. I had a box cover on to keep the mud off, but at the end of the dig my thumb was numb from pushing that hard. Pin pointing was very difficult as when trying to hold down the button it kept jumping on and off momentarily. I'm going to take the box cover off and try it again to see if that makes a difference tomorrow. If not, it'll be back to the dealer to sort. I've not seen anyone else mention this issue, so think it must be the cover causing it. Other than that, I had a cracking day and don't regret buying the simplex as it performed as well as my old whites xlt.....
Cheers!
Hi Andrew, regarding the problem with pressing the buttons, had the same problem with the Deus, especially with gloves.
To overcome this you can put some self adhesive cupboard door domded dampers on the inside of the cover, line it up with the button/buttons you have trouble with, job done ::g

Bob ::g

Metallica

Post by Metallica » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:22 pm

Slightly concerned to hear of the shaft issues , although i have my Simplex here now i wont be out using it until some time in January . So i wont really know if theres an issue until then , hopefully there wont be a problem getting sorted if theres an issue . I would imagine a call to the dealer is what i will do in first instance .

Hofling

Post by Hofling » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:33 pm

Why was the post removed?

C.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:35 pm

Hofling wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:33 pm
Why was the post removed?

C.
At the MDF we do not allow posts that advertise or send members off-site to Facebook groups.

Return to “Nokta Makro Forum”