Multi Kruzer

All topics related to Makro metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Makro Videos
ninja nige

Multi Kruzer

Post by ninja nige » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:04 pm

Hello.
as some of you may know i am a big fan of Whites detectors and currently use the mxsport.
I have today taked delivery of the multi kruzer.
I liked this as soon as i saw it first, Lipo battery with clip on rteserve battery pack, very clever
3 good hunting frequencies.
wire free headphones
waterproof.
First impression straight out of box is it is well made, does not feel cheap and flimsy, but is light.
as an experienced user i soon navigated around the settings and got to grips with how it works.
it is like the fisher f75 to use
a new detectorist may take a bit of time to understand the finer points but it is not over complicated.
setting up the headphones was a doddle and they seem pretty good and comfortable.
minimum 9 hours, max 14 hours on a battery charge should be fine.
charging can be done with usb port so i can charge in car and at home.
the grip feels comfortable, not to big and is covered in grippy rubber.
the stem is adjustable, and on full lenght it would be fine for the taller guys.
quick air test indoors on the coffee table. very impresive. larger coins were registering clearly at 2 foot + and all objects tested very well.
i dont know how air tests translate to ground but if they did i may need a longer spade ::g
so far i would give it 8 out of 10 for build quality
10 out of 10 for air test
8 out of 10 for weight and feel
7 out of 10 for useability and features
9 out of 10 value for money, ( with the 10% mdf discount it was a great deal)
i will be out at a club dig sunday in suffolk and will put it through its paces.
but i have a feeling it is not going to dissapoint
Nige

WHITES MXT, MXT-PRO,mxt sport..MAKRO MULTI KRUZER.. 750 formula racing car, arsenal season ticket.

peteh

Re: multi kruzer

Post by peteh » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:16 pm

Look forward to hearing how the dig goes. This detector has attracted my attention also. ::g
T2 classic, GP Pointer and a bucket full of optimism :D

THE MOLE

Re: Multi Kruzer

Post by THE MOLE » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:54 pm

i look forward to your outdoor impression as ive not been able to get out with mine yet.
have to say watching vids and reading reports i havent seen a bad word against it yet ::g

good luck

neil.
Just using the Force Image

Pastseeker

Post by Pastseeker » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:14 pm

Poor Mr Whites 😞 he be all alone now no one to talk to or get dirty with.. 😜
XP DEUS
Put the coil to the soil
Dig a hole like a mole
And hope it's old or made of gold ::g

broadsmaster

Post by broadsmaster » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:03 pm

congrats on your purchase nige , i look forward to your reports on it.

regards gordon
Minelab explorer se, minelab equinox 800

Roberts

Post by Roberts » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:11 pm

Well done on your aquisition and looking forward to some of your thoughts on the beast as i am interested in this model which is getting good reviews and looks to be a solid machine. ::g
Deus xp WS4, 11 inch coil, Nokta pinpointer, Solid spade

Copperballs1

Post by Copperballs1 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:46 am

I think you will find your find rate is about to double in size!

Machinist

Post by Machinist » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:03 am

I also treated myself to a Multi after the demise of my Golden Mask 3. I have been using an E-Trac for the last 2 years and even with an Easy Swing bungee on was still finding it heavy so was using the GM3 more now my age is starting to tell. I happened to mention to the wife the GM3 had died so she said get another one then, so I did :))

Anyway the Kruzer dully arrived (thanks Mike) and I must say I was immediately impressed with it, the lightness and ease of using the display was much more user friendly than some machines. I had a chance to use it on the club dig on Sunday and managed to swing it for about 6 hours without a bungee, usually by lunch time I am tiring fast.

I soon got used to the signals I was getting using the 3 tone setting and although I did not hit gold or hammies was very pleased with it's performance on a field that has had the cub on many times over the years.

I am looking forward to exploring some of the settings on the machine on future digs, specially after one of the club members buried a Saxon Sceat at 5 inches for me to test it on. I was just getting a signal in the setting I was on so I had a fiddle and went into the Deep setting and it was giving a loud clear dig signal. The display is so easy to understand and making changes in the field is easy.

Ray
It's all the Headless Hunters fault !!

Member of South Yorkshire MDC

KH_DK

Post by KH_DK » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:13 pm

I´ve had the Multi Kruzer for a little over a week now, and though I´ve only had the chance to take it out twice, I´d have to say that I´m really impressed by it. It´s recovery speed is super fast, and the dept is great.
I´ve been running it in 2-tone, iSAT 0, disc 8 and 19kHz. And the gain as high as my ears could handle. (it´s quite chatty when running iSAT 0 and high gain).
Both times I´ve been out it´s been on the same highly iron contaminated field, and it picks out the good stuff from the iron like you would not believe.
I´ve been using the Makro Racers a lot, and the Kruzer is pretty much like the R2 on steroids. Only thing I´ve noticed is that good targets, like some of the 17-18 century coins that makes up the bulk of my finds, comes in at quite low numbers, like 20-35. On the R2, they used to be in the 40´s.
If possible, I´ll be taking the Kruzer out this afternoon on one of my fields with Viking age finds. And hopefully tomorrow I´ll be able to report on how well it performs on cut Dirhems fra year 900. :D
Makro Racer
Makro Racer 2
Makro Multi Kruzer
Garrett Propointer 2
Mars MD pointer

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:02 pm

i contacted makro today regarding the screen scratch issue posted on another thread, they said they would release some rain covers :-O . in my opinion as i told them, that's not the best idea as rain covers for a fully waterproof detector will only make people think its not as waterproof as specified and asked would they consider making correctly fitting screen protectors. i await there reply.

what do you guys think is a rain cover defeating the object and not good for future sales or do you think it would be better :-/

i know its easy enough to cut your own but still ?

neil.

JBM

Post by JBM » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:16 pm

Every machine that I have ever purchased, I always buy a protective cover for the control box.

I was looking at a Welsh detecting site this week and one of the first Kruzer owners gave the contact address for a firm that made his protective cover. ::g Jerry.

Roberts

Post by Roberts » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:29 pm

THE MOLE wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:02 pm

what do you guys think is a rain cover defeating the object and not good for future sales or do you think it would be better :-/

i know its easy enough to cut your own but still ?

neil.
Rain covers also keep off the dirt/mud and do protect the buttons from general wear.. guess It would depend on how makro worded the statement for the product. "Makro kruzer dirt protection cover" :)
Deus xp WS4, 11 inch coil, Nokta pinpointer, Solid spade

Phil2401

Post by Phil2401 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:33 pm

They could just manufacture the machine with a more scratch-proof screen (if possible), but as said by others, it's good practice with any machine just to buy some cheap mobile phone screen covers ad cut them to size - costs pennies and takes seconds. Those will cover and protect everything that needs protecting except the PP and GB buttons - but it's not really that hard to remember which is which even if (unlikely) the labels wear off in time.

Mud on the screen? it's waterproof - you can just do a quick wipe over the screen with a wet cloth confident that you won't be risking any damage to the electronics.

Not a major issue in my humble opinion.

Phil
Quaerite et invenietis

Minelab Equinox 800
Deus Lite
Rutus Alter 71

Garrett carrot
Fond Hope

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:28 am

Phil2401 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:33 pm
They could just manufacture the machine with a more scratch-proof screen (if possible), but as said by others, it's good practice with any machine just to buy some cheap mobile phone screen covers ad cut them to size - costs pennies and takes seconds. Those will cover and protect everything that needs protecting except the PP and GB buttons - but it's not really that hard to remember which is which even if (unlikely) the labels wear off in time.

Mud on the screen? it's waterproof - you can just do a quick wipe over the screen with a wet cloth confident that you won't be risking any damage to the electronics.

Not a major issue in my humble opinion.

Phil
yep they could produce a new screen but that wouldnt help us phil, if you take the protected cover off that came with it the gb and pp buttons are still labeled ::g ive cut one from a tablet protector from the £1 shop but i think a perfect fitting one would be better. i just think a waterproof cover is overkill ::g

principia

Post by principia » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:20 am

Always better to use covers in order to prevent scratches etc..... (ISO rain, call it dirt covers :-) )
Et qui quærit, invenit
XP Deus
AKA Signum MFD
Deteknix X-pointer

KH_DK

Post by KH_DK » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:05 am

I got out for 1 1/2 hours yesterday afternoon on my field with finds from the viking age. And as expected the Multi Kruzer produced. I got a steady signal soundwise, but the ID was quite shifty somewhere between 32-45. No doubt a digable signal.
Found the smallest cut dirhem I´ve found so far.
Amazing that the Kruzer is able to pick out such a small item, considering how much iron is in the ground in that area. Ran it in 2-tone, 19 kHz.

Makro Racer
Makro Racer 2
Makro Multi Kruzer
Garrett Propointer 2
Mars MD pointer

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:25 am

well she seems to have an eye for the small targets ::g well found

neil.

ninja nige

Re: Multi Kruzer updated

Post by ninja nige » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:03 pm

Hello,
have had 2 small sessions with kruzer.
First go in 5hz. could not ground balance and machine was unstable.
took my work steel toecaps of and sorted >:P
ran 95 gain, rest of settings std in deep mode
did not find any small targets and iron was easy to id
gave it about an hour and did find a pommell, about the size of a small crotal bell.
Will explore 5hz more with kr40 coil when i can get one
field was to quiet to really tell much.

second session on 19hz, deep mode gain96
it runs stable on high gain chirping and crackling just enough not to be a problem
started finding lots of small bits and soon had a william 3rd sixpence, which looks like a plated fake.
then a hammy, well about 20% of one, then 2 small copper romans.
hammy fragment was 24 on the vdi
also had some foil and small bits of copper
not bad for an hour
in 19hz it is mega on the small stuff and will be great for the small celtic units and hammies.
some of the targets were so small i had to actually touch them on the pointer

i have had many machines of different makes but never have i felt so confident so quickly with a detector.
going to a club dig sunday. will see how it goes.
2 hours in field so far and it is better than i expected ::g ::g ::g
nige
WHITES MXT, MXT-PRO,mxt sport..MAKRO MULTI KRUZER.. 750 formula racing car, arsenal season ticket.

peteh

Post by peteh » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:38 am

I have seen a couple of video's on youtube but has anyone off here tried one at the beach yet?
T2 classic, GP Pointer and a bucket full of optimism :D

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:56 pm

I have not see it myself but a post on our clubs FB page said the following

'The Searcher magazine field tested the Makro Multi Kruzer with very impressive results, some tiny items 12" deep'

So all I am hearing / seeing about this machine is very positive.

Also Makro have a great reputation for customer service should anybody have a problem.

Evan

Return to “Makro Forum”