A lot of loot

Only topics related to Minelab metal detectors here, Please remember that off topic posts will be removed.
MDF Auction - Minelab Metal Detectors
ddave07

Re: A lot of loot

Post by ddave07 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:10 am

The Fox wrote:was down Bournemouth beach yesterday morning,and got talking to a man who had a minelab he said he averaged £2000 a month in gold and coin finds over the summer months, on beaches on the south coast. I usually do 2 hours early in morning, sometimes I only find £4. Was he pulling my chain? What is the most you have found on a beach ?
Funnily enough I was down at Bournemouth beach about 6 weeks ago and I met a guy who was out detecting with a Minelab, he said to me that around about there, he averages £30-50 in coins each outing (which is just about everyday) plus jewelry etc...

He then showed us his finds, he said it wasn't a terrific day as he'd only found 1 ring and about £35 worth of coins!

amphora

Post by amphora » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:32 pm

clint wrote: and has amassed over £250,000 in gold over the years.
If so, there should be at least 10 kilo's (20 pounds) of gold on that table.
That in the video ain't 10 kilo's of pure gold.
On the image in this link is just one kilo pure gold... times 10, times 24/14k... (= times 17)...
http://www.usacoinbook.com/us-coins/gold-bar-1-kilo.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
oldartefact wrote:as arough estimate there are 600-800 rings on the table!! Even a pawn broker doent have this many rings!!
At 800 ringst that should be £312 per ring. That's near average retail price.
I could believe he found that all, but can't believe it is £250.000.

For the guy to claim to find £2000 each month...
I'm glad to find £1 an hour (playground's), and in a year 24/365 huntingtime that is only £6570. What to find on a beach? £2 every hour? Thats £13.000. 24 hours a day hunting all year long!
To find £24.000 in a year at 12 hours hunting each day you'll have to find £5,50 each hour, hour afther hour. Or 2 average gold rings each day. Also on winterday's when no one goes to the beach.
Unreachable IMO.
Excusses if i my choise for the right Englisch word fails.

amphora

Post by amphora » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:46 pm

ddave07 wrote: he said to me that around about there, he averages £30-50 in coins each outing (which is just about everyday) plus jewelry etc...

He then showed us his finds, he said it wasn't a terrific day as he'd only found 1 ring and about £35 worth of coins!
Had that too once, otherway's. Some kids where jerking and laughing about me hunting, so digging interested for each piece of foil as if i was finding huge i bluft them off telling them i normaly find about 3 pieces of gold and about €25 each hunt. "Laugh as you like. Got me €4 while you where laughing". They stopt laughing. rl; (was it you by coincidence? :D ).
So easy to fool around by keeping a weeks finds in a pocket telling you've just found it.

clint

Post by clint » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:40 pm

No mistake though, that IS a lot of loot!
Etrac.13" Ultimate Coil.CP3 TT`s
8x6 sef
Euroace.
Deteknix Pointer,camo,oh yeah! ...does what it says on the box..
Garrett Propointer..ok...(now it's fixed!)
Jeff`s big tool!

amphora

Post by amphora » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:10 pm

Yeah right! Wouldn't say no to find it. :D

The Fox

Post by The Fox » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:28 pm

If I was hunting a strip of beach rich in finds,i would not tell a fellow detectorist ( who wandered up ) what i was finding,would you ? That's why now if someone comes up to me and says he has found loads of loot on a certain beach in that area, it goes over my head. Why would you share a profitable beach? Charity begins at home. Its different if you are on a club dig (am waiting to be accepted}

Return to “Minelab Metal Detectors Forum”