Sov Mounting Bracket Help

Only topics related to Minelab metal detectors here, Please remember that off topic posts will be removed.
MDF Auction - Minelab Metal Detectors
cottlad

Sov Mounting Bracket Help

Post by cottlad » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:41 pm

Just received my used Sov GT in the post and the control box mounting bracket is broken :( I'll contact the seller but am having trouble finding a new one. JA do one that comes with a stand for £30 x; Should the GT come with a stand as standard as this one doesn't have that either?

If it should have it, I'll recommend the seller buys this but £30 seems steep.

Skute

Re: Sov Mounting Bracket Help

Post by Skute » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:51 pm

For less than 30 pound you can get a hipmount bag for it..

cottlad

Post by cottlad » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:02 pm

A bag came with it (without any straps) but I would like the option of mounting it also.

cottlad

Post by cottlad » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Also, as an aside, the bag has an open back with the rough side of Velcro at either side of the hole. I guess this is so it can be mounted on the shaft with the bag on. But obviously if hip mounted, this hole needs filling. I don't suppose anyone has any ideas of something I could use seeing as the piece that should fit isn't there.... :-L

northernmonkey

Post by northernmonkey » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:33 pm

Try emailing staffs or wiltshire detectors for a mount bracket if you have no luck with the seller, ive bought used spares off them both in the past ::g
The minelab hip mount bag does have an open back for mounting on the stem but also comes with a padded velcro cover for the back for chest/hip mounting.

Im pretty sure i still have the cover if you want it? Its only gathering dust as i only stem mount the box. Pm me your address and ill pop it in the post for you.. ::g
Sov GT
T2 Dst

cottlad

Post by cottlad » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:51 pm

northernmonkey wrote:Try emailing staffs or wiltshire detectors for a mount bracket if you have no luck with the seller, ive bought used spares off them both in the past ::g
The minelab hip mount bag does have an open back for mounting on the stem but also comes with a padded velcro cover for the back for chest/hip mounting.

Im pretty sure i still have the cover if you want it? Its only gathering dust as i only stem mount the box. Pm me your address and ill pop it in the post for you.. ::g
You Sir are a true gent! May karma shine on you in 2015 :) PM on way

cottlad

Post by cottlad » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:57 pm

Also, the seller has an Elite and thinks it's the same bracket so is posting me that.
Great result and thank yous

Return to “Minelab Metal Detectors Forum”