Minelab to Close in Ireland

Only topics related to Minelab metal detectors here, Please remember that off topic posts will be removed.
MDF Auction - Minelab Metal Detectors
Allectus

Re: Minelab to Close in Ireland

Post by Allectus » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:56 am

I don't think the doomers & gloomers got passed the "Minelab to Close in Ireland" thread title before the...."doom & gloom" set in! :))

A ;)

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:12 am

When something like this happens people generally think the worst, just human nature I guess, its would of been the same if any of the companies closed one of their sites, it will naturally just raise concern. I am guessing most of this is down to Minelab not officially giving a reason why it closed the Ireland site.
They have however explained there will be a repair centre within the UK which will accommodate all necessary testing for all models of machine ::g
Cheers all
mrix

clint

Post by clint » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:31 pm

Closer analysis will reveal,for me,the only concerns were very specific...ie. CTX (mainly as I am close to heisting the wife's purse!) and the other wet one..I have no issues shipping off the ET to Steve Cox..True, UK based is definitely better! Wonder if the REALLY expensive ones are supported....?

regards

Clint
Etrac.13" Ultimate Coil.CP3 TT`s
8x6 sef
Euroace.
Deteknix Pointer,camo,oh yeah! ...does what it says on the box..
Garrett Propointer..ok...(now it's fixed!)
Jeff`s big tool!

clint

Post by clint » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:33 am

....but can you fix ctx and excalibur machines? That's the sticking point. I'm not bothered about sending a machine to Steve Cox for repair but I am bothered about possibly investing in a new one that has no warranty. There is the option of full replacement OR refund under warranty on faulty goods though as of October 2015.

regards

Clint
Etrac.13" Ultimate Coil.CP3 TT`s
8x6 sef
Euroace.
Deteknix Pointer,camo,oh yeah! ...does what it says on the box..
Garrett Propointer..ok...(now it's fixed!)
Jeff`s big tool!

nexusmd

Post by nexusmd » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:55 pm

Steve (MSR) is a good guy, but Mlab are now relying totally on him to do ALL their UK servicing, this sounds a risky strategy by Mlab. The guys in Ireland always gave me first class service particularly when Des was there. But truth is they have lost a lot of ground in Europe bringing out detectors nobody wanted; GPZ, SDC2300, GoFinds and failing to address constant requests for lighter multi-frequency detectors.

JBM

Post by JBM » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:51 pm

Steve was very helpful with a problem that I had with my old Sovereign and he seems a nice guy.

There is a video interview with a MLO Senior manager Gary Schafer and he looked uncomfortable to me when questioned.

Watch it yourselves on MLO.

Iam glad I was not in his the hot seat but he did his best.

It comforting to know that we can get our old Minelabs repaired when necessary as my great grandson is learning the trade with my original Sovereign Elite.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Return to “Minelab Metal Detectors Forum”