E Trac program.

Only topics related to Minelab metal detectors here, Please remember that off topic posts will be removed.
MDF Auction - Minelab Metal Detectors
Blueboy

E Trac program.

Post by Blueboy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:40 pm

I have been using my E Trac since I bought it with fast on & deep off, is it really any deeper with deep on.

Blackadder43

Re: E Trac program.

Post by Blackadder43 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:58 pm

http://www.minelab.com/treasure-talk/re ... p-in-depth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:04 pm

Thanks for the link Blackadder43. Will have to give it a go & see what happens. I have been using the E Trac for about 3 years with deep off but have still been finding some nice stuff, tiny hammered & had a half sovereign a couple of weeks ago.

Blackadder43

Post by Blackadder43 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:18 pm

I have always felt that the "Deep On/Off" was a misleading feature.
To a new person to detecting the first thing their mind thinks of when seeing this feature is "wow, must put deep On because i want the most out of the machine"
When the reality is that Deep Off is more favourable in this country unless you are in a field that is devoid of shallow targets (lets be honest we are talking up to 6 inches here with todays machines) and you are hunting for Large, sparse targets.
Unfortunately its the way of the world where advertising "spin" can sway a person to buy that machine thinking the feature does what it says on the tin.

Blackadder43

Post by Blackadder43 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:20 pm

Blueboy wrote:Thanks for the link Blackadder43. Will have to give it a go & see what happens. I have been using the E Trac for about 3 years with deep off but have still been finding some nice stuff, tiny hammered & had a half sovereign a couple of weeks ago.
By keeping it "Off" you will continue to keep finding the small hammereds etc.
The last 2 sentences of that write up by a minelab engineer are the most important of all.
In summary, the Recovery Deep setting should be used in situations where you are expecting to find sparse, large, deep targets and in these situations you will experience more stable and consistent IDs.

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:57 am

I guess I could set fast on & also deep on as well. Not sure on what that would do.

In the fast on & deep off I have found hammered farthings & cut quarters/halves & very tiny bits of non ferrous so it does work well like that. I guess if its doing that why change anything.

Thanks everyone for their input.

Return to “Minelab Metal Detectors Forum”