Xterra 705 New

Topics related to Minelab metal detectors here, off topic posts will be removed.
MDF Auction - Minelab Videos
mrsmelly

Xterra 705 New

Post by mrsmelly » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:41 pm

Evening all.
I have just returned after several years away from detecting ( no time ) I now have more time so I have kitted myself out again. My only experience was a few years with a Fisher cz5 which was brilliant but I sold it. Any way after much googling and looking at this forum I have bought a 705, it was a toss up between this and an at pro and to be honest the 705 now comes brand new at a shade under 400 quid so I bought one, its still in the box. I have purchased a pair of headphones from chef and a pointer thingy and some eneloop rechargeables hoping I have done alright with this kit :-O
I prefer coin finds usualy so in your opinions what way to go first time out? I dont want to dig everything and realise discrimination can lose some good finds but am I right in thinking if I keep hitting shotgun cartridges for instance this machine can ( Knock them out ) in case I am on a field thats been used for a lot of rough shooting?
Also I am going to a beach area for a week next month and hope this will be of some use. Yes I have been on You tube and google but I like the gen straight from the horses mouth so to speak so I am posting this.

Thanks all

Tim

phen58

Re: Xterra 705 New

Post by phen58 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:13 pm

Hi Tim,
You have chosen a good machine with the 705, I really like mine and feel it gives me all I want to find good stuff IF it's there in the first place and of course if I walk over it!
I operate mine at full sensitivity, two tones (accept or reject) and all metal mode. This will take a bit of getting used to, but once you have it WILL do its job!
All the best and happy hunting!

Return to “Minelab Forum”