Display case for land owner

Related topics on metal detecting finds storage and display.
MLDetect

Display case for land owner

Post by MLDetect » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:55 pm

Hi all
Couldn't get out this weekend due to sons stomach bug, so instead started on Xmas present for one of my farmers who let's me detect. Previously people have detected his land and he said they kept everything, when I told him I was going to give him some finds for Xmas he was well made up.
Here is my display case, now just need to make a folder to go with it explaining each item, 3 of the items are recorded with PAS so will give him those records as well.

Quite happy with this, might show his neighbouring farmer see if I can convince him to let me on.

Thanks for looking
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tigerseeker

Re: Display case for land owner

Post by tigerseeker » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:16 pm

Now that is nice.
Garrett Euroace
Garrett Propointer II
Garrett Z-Lynk wireless headphones
Determination

jcmaloney

Post by jcmaloney » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:05 am

Top job indeed.........is it a watch box or similar?
Opinions expressed on MY posts are mine and NOT those of any democratic organisation I volunteer for. ::g

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:28 am

Nice gesture. Defo show it to the neighbouring farmer. I framed the PAS info in an A4 frame and glued a little circular coin case in the bottom right corner. My farmer was proper chuffed with his medieval coin and the whole present.
Xp Deus 11" coil
GM5+SE

Jedi Master button finder

Lowland

Post by Lowland » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:03 pm

Looks great
It's nice to be nice
::g
ne’er scald yer mou wi ither folks kale

deepdig

Post by deepdig » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:37 pm

Hi i am making one for the farmer from the club, hope to get a few finds off members, should get a few browny points.

MLDetect

Post by MLDetect » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:38 pm

Yes it's a watch display case originally.
Loving the idea of the certificate might use that another time

DanM

Post by DanM » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:44 pm

Gotta say, that's a brilliant looking display - and more importantly, a fantastic gesture! It's just about the detecting and digging; you meet some great people and make some good friends doing this hobby too. Definitely going to pinch that idea for a display though - thanks for sharing! :D ::g

Adam17

Post by Adam17 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:54 pm

very good, that !
Warm regards

AllDetecting Adam17

Minelab CTX 3030 (6",11" & 17")
Garrett Ace 400i, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Hand made Steel Sand scoop (by someone else)
Aluminium sand scoop
NCMD Registered member

Sunray

Post by Sunray » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:12 pm

::g Great Idea and presentation ...

B-) I hope you gain additional permission(s) from your landowner's neighbours for your efforts mate ...

Euroace lee

Post by Euroace lee » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:13 pm

MLDetect wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:55 pm
Hi all
Couldn't get out this weekend due to sons stomach bug, so instead started on Xmas present for one of my farmers who let's me detect. Previously people have detected his land and he said they kept everything, when I told him I was going to give him some finds for Xmas he was well made up.
Here is my display case, now just need to make a folder to go with it explaining each item, 3 of the items are recorded with PAS so will give him those records as well.

Quite happy with this, might show his neighbouring farmer see if I can convince him to let me on.

Thanks for looking

Hi mldetect,
I was searching through the forum to discover your post and may I start by saying what an exceptional display case and a lovey gesture 🤟

I was wondering if you might be able to tell me a little more about the bell as I found one last week exactly the same

Thanks

MLDetect

Post by MLDetect » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:49 am

Euroace lee wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:13 pm
MLDetect wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:55 pm
Hi all

Thanks for looking

Hi mldetect,
I was searching through the forum to discover your post and may I start by saying what an exceptional display case and a lovey gesture 🤟

I was wondering if you might be able to tell me a little more about the bell as I found one last week exactly the same

Thanks
The bell is a crotal bell, Google search "crotal bell and you will find lots of information. I believe they were commonly used by shepheards to hand around their flock. I bet a whole flock of sheep being herded all wearing crotal bells was a lovely sound.
I have found many fragments of crotal bells but only ever one intact that would still ring. It's fella very special when you hear it ring for the first time and to think it hasn't been heard for 100s of years.

My only bell I ever found that rang I have given to the landowner in this case so I don't have it anymore but I think I still got the best deal as I'm the one who cleaned it out and heard it for the first time.

JBM

Post by JBM » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:15 am

Well done its the way to go. ::g Jerry.

Euroace lee

Post by Euroace lee » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:48 pm

Thank you very much....

I understand what you mean completely as I have cleaned the dirt from mine and although the bell ball is not in perfect condition it does indeed ring. I happen to love the bell and regard it as a wonderful find not my most impressive but the one that gives me the greatest pleasure

Happy hunting ::g

Return to “Finds Storage and Display”