MKII GB in all metal mode

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
Easylife

Re: MKII GB in all metal mode

Post by Easylife » Tue May 14, 2019 6:46 am

Youtube will show you how. ::g

Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
White's TDI SL

Koala

Post by Koala » Tue May 14, 2019 1:06 pm

https://www.nexusdetectors.com/Usermanuals/MKII.pdf
page 11

same as virtual all knob whistles detectors.

Daniel,SR

Post by Daniel,SR » Tue May 28, 2019 11:35 am

I have the same problem with GB. It's kind of complicated. I think I'll sell it and keep only the F-19 and E-trac.

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Tue May 28, 2019 6:05 pm

Here is the section of the MkII User Manual that explains step by step how to Ground balance the detector. That is if anyone will ever bother to read it and try it out.

"Holding the Nexus Standard Mk II with the coil well above ground level, adjust the Sensitivity control knob to minimum. Adjust the Threshold knob to obtain a minimal (faint) tone setting. Adjust the Volume knob to set a comfortable level (remembering to set any adjustable headphone volume control to MAXIMUM). Lower the coil to the ground and sweep side to side slowly to ensure that there are no metal targets in the place you are tuning the detector When you are satisfied proceed as follows.
Position the coil about 3” above and parallel to the ground surface. Raise the coil gently to about 10” (250 mm) above the ground and lower back to 3” (75 mm) above ground several times. Note whether the threshold tone remains the same or if it increases or decreases in intensity while raising and lowering the coil. If the tone rises when LOWERING the coil towards the ground, then adjust the Ground Balance knob slightly in the clockwise direction. If the tone rises when LIFTING the coil away from the ground, then adjust the Ground Balance knob slightly in the anti-clockwise direction. Repeat this procedure to check and if the tone remains constant, the ground balance is set properly.
IF THE GROUND BALANCE IS INCORRECTLY SET THE DDM METER WILL INDICATE STRONG FALSE SIGNALS FROM THE GROUND MINERALS.
To achieve the best ground balance tuning, it is essential that the coil be held parallel to the ground surface at all times during the procedure."

In working position keep the coil at least 1-2" above the soil surface to avoid false signals from the ground and to extract the maximum depth the detector can provide. Best depth is not achieved by scrubbing the coil on the soil, but at some couple of inches above the soil.

We are available for assistance, but no one ever comes to ask us about anything instead gets straight to the forums to complain. I do not see how can we be of help to users that do not come to ask the manufacturer for help, but random folks on forums that know next to nothing about our products.

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:13 pm

Daniel,SR wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 11:35 am
I have the same problem with GB. It's kind of complicated. I think I'll sell it and keep only the F-19 and E-trac.
The Ground Balancing procedure really isn't complicated at all, it just involves a series of simple actions that need to be performed in the correct order as set out in the manual (and reproduced above by Nexus).

Ground Balancing will become second nature once you've performed it a few times.
Good Luck - ::g ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

Return to “NEXUS Forum”