Nexus mp using 13" 14Khz coil.Setup problem.

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
Badger1935

Nexus mp using 13" 14Khz coil.Setup problem.

Post by Badger1935 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:22 pm

I have had my Nexus mp with the 10" coil for quite a few months and had I felt sorted it's settings.I have just purchased the 13" 14Khz coil and after a few outings I was feeling ready to throw it over the fence.I was struggling to get any form of consistency with the settings I was using.Out of desperation I turned the sensitivity to zero and the detector was transformed great target identification,stable,and spot on pinpoint and target depth.Just wondered if any other user had found this setting to be so much of a revelation.On my land my settings are GB 7.9.Discrim 4.0. Threshold 5.Dual tone1.5 and All metal.

Nexus

Re: Nexus mp using 13" 14Khz coil.Setup problem.

Post by Nexus » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:14 pm

The MP with 13"DD@14kHz has to work at Sensitivity 0, because the starting sensitivity of the search coil it self is extremely high and Induction Balance technology can handle so much.

There are may be some conditions where the maximum sensitivity with this coil can be used, but it is unlikely to happen on normal soil especially if it is wet. Wet soil is the worse case for HF coils.

Users need to understand one fact. If the sensitivity to metal targets is raised significantly, so will be the sensitivity to ground interference as well as they go hand by hand. One can not get one without the other, no matter the techno claims of so many brands.

As a general rule all Nexus detector models are to be used at minimum sensitivity, because the sensitivity scale of Nexus is not the same as to all other detectors. The starting sensitivity point of Nexus is set where most metal targets can be detected at their maximum depth with any given search coil. High sensitivity setting is sensible only with the smallest Nexus search coils.

More sensitivity will not gain more depth. Listening to the faint audio tones will.

Badger1935

Re: Nexus mp using 13" 14Khz coil.Setup problem.

Post by Badger1935 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:07 pm

Many thanks Nexus.
It is great to know that I was right in my use of zero sensitivity,the soil conditions where indeed whet.I will now carry on with confidence.futher thanks for the technical information.Its a great detector once you understand it.Again many thanks.
John.

Return to “NEXUS Forum”