Nexus standard Mk2 settings

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
Longshanks777

Nexus standard Mk2 settings

Post by Longshanks777 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:00 am

Hi Guys,

I've recently acquired a Nexus Standard Mk2 and need a little help with setting it up mainly for UK arable please. I have a few sites that are becoming pretty sparse with signals but have produced many nice Celtic, Roman and Medieval coins and artefacts.

I did try the MP a few years ago but couldn't get on with it. The Mk2 came up at a good price so thought I'd have a another crack at it.

Any help or pointers with regards to sensitivity, discrimination and general set up to get the best from it would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance.

Longshanks 777

dobybowers

Re: Nexus standard Mk2 settings

Post by dobybowers » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:25 am

I don't know your ground conditions there but I can tell you what works for me. I live in the eastern U.S. and hunt open farm fields. If the ground is not to cluttered with iron, I run in all metal mode using the LED bar only for target ID. I can run my MK11 wide open and even hunt under high tension power lines with no problem. I always find relics a few inches deeper than with my other detectors. My soil is difficult and most detectors here will only find coin sized object to about 8" or so.. The secret to the MK11 is all metal mode, then small, short sweeps to ID and the MK11 will ID to the full depth.
I have and older Credo that I use on occasion too and the method is the same. Learn to use your MK11 using this method and you should do well.
Don.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whites 5900, XLT, Nautilus DMCiib, Tesoro Cibola, Nexus Credo
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Longshanks777

Re: Nexus standard Mk2 settings

Post by Longshanks777 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:27 am

Thanks for your reply Don. I'm very keen to learn the Mk2 and unlock its full potential on a few sites. Thanks for your tips.

Iain

Return to “NEXUS Forum”