Can we see Pictures of finds with the Nexus

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
Filternozzle

Can we see Pictures of finds with the Nexus

Post by Filternozzle » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:42 pm

Any users of the Nexus detectors care to post pictures of finds.
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

yellow

Re: Can we see Pictures of finds with the Nexus

Post by yellow » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:04 pm

Would the finds not be the same with any detector?

Yellow [:)
Minelab Explorer se pro
Cp3tt chef phones and a garrett pro-pointer

Hawkstone

Post by Hawkstone » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:32 pm

Filternozzle wrote:Any users of the Nexus detectors care to post pictures of finds.
I too would like to see what users are finding. Could help make future decisions a little easier, perhaps..

;) :-SS

Fusion

Post by Fusion » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:26 pm

They make a variety of machines, running at several search frequencies, 6,8,18Khz, maybe more. So the finds they get will likely vary with the exact machine spec. Did you have a particular model in mind?
:(

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:39 pm

Fusion wrote:They make a variety of machines, running at several search frequencies, 6,8,18Khz, maybe more. So the finds they get will likely vary with the exact machine spec. Did you have a particular model in mind?
Not really but any of these: Standard Mk II, Credo DDM and Credo which form part of the current range.

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:31 am

Hawkstone wrote:
Filternozzle wrote:Any users of the Nexus detectors care to post pictures of finds.
I too would like to see what users are finding. Could help make future decisions a little easier, perhaps..

;) :-SS
:-O I'm pretty sure that no detectorist would make a purchasing decision based on a detectors claimed finds rate!
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Xiucutil

Post by Xiucutil » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:11 am

I am tempted by the Standard MkII, but it is an expensive machine and there just isn't that much information out there.

Fusion

Post by Fusion » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:33 am

French detectorist "Le Jag" uses a Nexus, maybe a search through his posts might show up some finds that were uncovered by it.
:(

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:40 am

Fusion wrote:French detectorist "Le Jag" uses a Nexus, maybe a search through his posts might show up some finds that were uncovered by it.
Yes, I have had a look at his good finds in other posts. He uses the new Standard Mark II model and gets on well with it.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:04 pm

Fusion wrote:They make a variety of machines, running at several search frequencies, 6,8,18Khz, maybe more. So the finds they get will likely vary with the exact machine spec. Did you have a particular model in mind?
In particular the latest models Credo DDM and Standard Mk II.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:39 pm

[quote="Fusion"]They make a variety of machines, running at several search frequencies, 6,8,18Khz, maybe more.

Note it is the coils that run in different frequencies. Coils are made with different frequencies but are made for specific models. So, coils made for the Standard Mk II cannot be used on the Credo DDM and coils made for the Credo DDM cannot be used on the Standard Mark II.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:28 pm

23_zpsa077f9fd (5).jpg
23_zpsa077f9fd (5).jpg
I was lucky enough to get the use of a Nexus Mk II and found this Commonwealth half groat when out on a dig yesterday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Xiucutil

Post by Xiucutil » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:35 pm

Nice coin. What were your impressions or opinions of the Nexus?

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:22 pm

Xiucutil wrote:Nice coin. What were your impressions or opinions of the Nexus?
My initial impression is it is well thought out and made, very light. Takes AA batteries but you really require rechargeable batteries as it is heavy on them. The field I was detecting in was full of iron but not old old iron more like from the early 1900s The Nexus handle it very well. Apparently, the field has been detected on many times over the years, so I was very happy with the number of non-ferrous finds which ranged from very small and thin to a very large chunk of lead.

The manual ground balance is a great improvement on the previous MK I models. In short, I liked it a lot and seriously thinking about one for myself.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:12 pm

Found yesterday with the Nexus Credo DDM. Not many signals in the field so I was pleased with what was found. The worn copper turners are similar in conductivity to small hammered silver coins.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Tue May 05, 2015 3:15 pm

Out with the MP yesterday in a field that has produced very little in the way of non-ferrous targets over the last year. It has been done to death with the GPX 5000 and Nautilus so I was very pleased to get the few items shown in the photo below. I know its not a lot, nor are the finds in any way outstanding but it was a good haul from that particular field.

Stuart900

Post by Stuart900 » Tue May 05, 2015 5:04 pm

Somenice finds there, especially the spindle whorl. Can you remember how deep it was?

Muskrat

Post by Muskrat » Tue May 05, 2015 6:01 pm

Third time out with the Credo DDM, second piece of silver :)

Found about 4" down on compacted pasture.

Skute

Post by Skute » Tue May 05, 2015 6:11 pm

sweepstick47 wrote: :-O I'm pretty sure that no detectorist would make a purchasing decision based on a detectors claimed finds rate!
You need a certain amount of experience to think that way...You and I and maybe 90% of the forum knows that 90% of all detectors will find 90% of all finds. The last 10 percent can be put down to soil conditions, angle the object rests in the ground in relation to the surface and how lucky you are...at the very bottom of the percentage ladder is the detector and coil.
Finding finds on done to death fields says nothing really about the detector and more about how lucky you are plus soil conditions on the day...Even with a double D coil it's surprising how accurately you have to hit some really small target before you hear it. The theory that a double D is as sensitive at the same depth all along the coil is bogus....
I've been detecting the same 3 pasture fields for over 15 years and still find good finds....Still, the bling and fizz philosophy will probably never be ironed out...there's always going to be inexperienced lads and lasses that believe the hype..

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Tue May 05, 2015 9:37 pm

Skute wrote:
sweepstick47 wrote: :-O I'm pretty sure that no detectorist would make a purchasing decision based on a detectors claimed finds rate!
You need a certain amount of experience to think that way...You and I and maybe 90% of the forum knows that 90% of all detectors will find 90% of all finds. The last 10 percent can be put down to soil conditions, angle the object rests in the ground in relation to the surface and how lucky you are...at the very bottom of the percentage ladder is the detector and coil.
Finding finds on done to death fields says nothing really about the detector and more about how lucky you are plus soil conditions on the day...Even with a double D coil it's surprising how accurately you have to hit some really small target before you hear it. The theory that a double D is as sensitive at the same depth all along the coil is bogus....
I've been detecting the same 3 pasture fields for over 15 years and still find good finds....Still, the bling and fizz philosophy will probably never be ironed out...there's always going to be inexperienced lads and lasses that believe the hype..
I agree with you? I don't think anyone will be making a purchase decision based on photographs of finds, or what I said aout site condition etc. I post the pictures because some are interested. I myself have been detecting since 1978, its a great hobby and I am still as enthusiastic about it today as I was then.

Return to “NEXUS Forum”