Can we see Pictures of finds with the Nexus

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
Stuart900

Re: Can we see Pictures of finds with the Nexus

Post by Stuart900 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:32 pm

Finds from a recent dig with Filternozle on some of my land using my MP - both pasture and arable:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:32 pm

Nexus MP finds midweek when out with Stuart900 on his land.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

Stuart900

Post by Stuart900 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:27 pm

Nice little buckle and Lizzy hammy sixpence. Any chance of a bigger picture of them?

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:04 pm

Stuart900 wrote:Nice little buckle and Lizzy hammy sixpence. Any chance of a bigger picture of them?
Not very good I'm afraid:

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Spent a few hours in a heavily wooded area on Sunday. Didn't find a lot, very surprised to find a length of lead pipe (that will boost my collection of lead weight some!) The splitters were interesting finds. All found with the Nexus MP, I knew the splitters were iron objects but they were large and I have a policy of digging large iron just in case its an iron pot of coins or large iron masking something decent or even a very nice iron artefact.

Stuart900

Post by Stuart900 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:58 pm

Nexus MP finds from last week. Nothing too exciting, but it found the spindle whorls and copper coins nicely. Here's looking forward to its first silver!

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Was rather pleased with this shilling as within half a coil distance away was a chunk of iron approx. 4"x3/4"x1/2". The coin gave a good positive LED and the iron a good negative LED. At some stage the shilling must have been up against the iron as the coin is heavily iron stained.

Muskrat

Post by Muskrat » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:29 pm

Good to see the MP is doing the business for you Richard ::g

ozzieowl

Post by ozzieowl » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:16 pm

a few finds with the nexus standard mk2 hope you like

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:14 pm

ozzieowl wrote:a few finds with the nexus standard mk2 hope you like
Very well done, ::g keep them coming

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:21 pm

Below is a photo of my finds with the first outing with the Nexus Ultima with its Dual 20" classic coil, which in fact measures 36"x 20". I was very surprised to find these coins down on the hard (gravel and stone) below the soil at between 10" & 12". I thought such a large coil would be blind to these coins at that depth.

Over the years this field has produced very little at all and I have been over it with a number of different machines including the CTX, Blisstool, Nautilus and GPX. So I was more than happy with my finds even though they are nothing in themselves.

This very large coil gives a signal that is very much larger than the target. That is the audio sound comes on and off over a large area of ground in comparison to the target size, on all the targets I dug, which admittedly was no deeper than approx. 12" Although I am pretty sure if I was to go over targets a lot deeper at two or three feet for example the audio of the target would reduce in size.

I'm very much looking forward to my next outing with this detector, I have to become more familiar with it and that will only come about by using it in the field. The vibes are all good and I know this Nexus Ultima is going to be a very good servant - I'm looking forward to a very rewarding year.

erling66

Post by erling66 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:07 pm

Found a silver spoon in Norway today with my Standard MP in a field that has been searched many times before. Looks like it has a funny face :)

targets

Post by targets » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:25 am

Filternozzle wrote:Was rather pleased with this shilling as within half a coil distance away was a chunk of iron approx. 4"x3/4"x1/2". The coin gave a good positive LED and the iron a good negative LED. At some stage the shilling must have been up against the iron as the coin is heavily iron stained.
you sure thats not a snide coin as plenty snides of that coin around ,minus its tin wash
' hammys how i love ya, how i love ya my dear old hammys '

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:36 pm

targets wrote:
Filternozzle wrote:Was rather pleased with this shilling as within half a coil distance away was a chunk of iron approx. 4"x3/4"x1/2". The coin gave a good positive LED and the iron a good negative LED. At some stage the shilling must have been up against the iron as the coin is heavily iron stained.
you sure thats not a snide coin as plenty snides of that coin around ,minus its tin wash
The coin weighs in at 5.4g, non magnetic and where it has been scraped it is a good silver colour. The rust is surface and although I have rubbed off a little I tend to keep my coins as found.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:08 pm

Found with the new Nexus MP over the weekend. The dagger was in excess of 18" from the point where it was exposed to the top of the hole. Which means whilest detecting the coil was around 21" (54cm). There was never any doubt this was a very good target, it gave a loud clear signal with a powerful LED reading indicating non-ferrous. My initial thought was that the target was within the first 7". It took a while dig out because the ground was full of stones, even had to take my jacket off, I don't mind admitting it was hard work.

Settings: Sensitivity at 10 O'clock, All Metal Mode (which requires discrimination to be set to zero) in All Metal Mode the discrimination is via the LED. Volume on full, controlled by independent volume controls on ear-cups). Soft threshold, ground balanced.

I had to crop the photo but the blade does go to a point. The spindle whorls and Victorian 6d were also found yesterday.
Last edited by Filternozzle on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lanerider

Post by Lanerider » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:14 pm

I have a garrett at pro and find just as much as everyone else once you learn its language it then talks to you and you dig acordingly if its a quite field I tend to dig on every sound but normally if I set it to pro coins it bears fruit x; thats my two penneth

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:29 pm

@Filternozzle,Richard what a stunning find that dagger is,any indication of a date on it yet ?? was that with the 13'' coil or 10'' ?? was out fora short while yesterday with my MP mainly just getting a few more hours on the clock,but must admit i am really liking this detector even more everytime i use it.

Well done on a stunning find ::g
:(

Rivers rat

Post by Rivers rat » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:07 pm

Woaw thats cool thats the proof that the machine is punching deep and getting the stuff the other one missed ,lack of raw power.....i guess

RR
Owner of a Foster PI one of the Enlightened few

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:54 pm

Pre decimal and decimal copper coins plus Elizabeth 1958 two shillings and Henry III penny, plus a couple of bits and bobs, found on Sat. Terrible ground condition owing to constant rainfall, a very muddy day but the hammered made it all worth while. Found with the upgraded Nexus MP with 13" coil. Stout work by the MP in ground that most detectors if not all would be unable to perform anywhere near their best.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:10 pm

Managed out again for a few hours on the weekend with the updated Nexus MP. Again weather not very kind being drizzle on and off and ground very muddy. However, I like to get out swinging and hope for the best. Alas, it wasn't to be. A bag full of non-ferrous finds but nothing of real interest came up this time. About 70% of the finds being bits of lead, cow tubes, pull tabs, cans, foil etc. and of course the ground is full of iron making it more challenging. At the moment I am lifting out the larger iron signals to try and clear the ground but its going to be a long job but will get there in the end. Just hope something more interesting pops up on a regular basis to keep the enthusiasm up.... :))

Return to “NEXUS Forum”