Nexus MP - Upgraded model 1st September 2016

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
Nexus

Re: Nexus MP

Post by Nexus » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:30 pm

Mega B wrote:@Nexus,Georgi,is it just the MP model that has been updated or can the MK11 perform the same,as you are aware i have the SE version which is deeper enough for most situations and deeper than my TDI Pro.

Are you still using the same UK agent as CR had been selling machines off ??
Only the MP model, has been upgraded. The fact is that the MkII with the dual 9" coil is still more sensitive in air than the MP, but the resonant tuned detectors could never get this deep in the ground unless much larger coils are used.
The resonant tuned detectors needed at least dual 20" coil to get a good signal from a small hoard of coins at 24" in the ground, where the MP is doing easy 32" in soil on the same pot with only 13"DD coil.
I suspect a few will argue this statement, but it is an engineering fact.

Crusty Romans are gone for good. I will not deal with them again after their price fiasco.

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:56 pm

@Nexus,Georgi,any idea when the new MP machines will be available here in the UK,i am also looking for a 13'' and 7'' coils for the detector and also a price please.Many thanks

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:19 pm

Mega B wrote:@Nexus,Georgi,any idea when the new MP machines will be available here in the UK,i am also looking for a 13'' and 7'' coils for the detector and also a price please.Many thanks
Try the UK agent for your requirements Ric: UK agent: Worldwidedetectors.com
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:25 pm

Filternozzle wrote:
Mega B wrote:@Nexus,Georgi,any idea when the new MP machines will be available here in the UK,i am also looking for a 13'' and 7'' coils for the detector and also a price please.Many thanks
Try the UK agent for your requirements Ric: UK agent: Worldwidedetectors.com
Hi Richard,thanks for that info,Georgi has been back with the same information and a price,many thanks for that.

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:43 pm

The Nexus range will not be available from the shelf anymore. Instead as it use to be in the past we are going to manufacture detectors only to customers order.
This goes for dealers as well.

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:27 pm

@Filternozzle,can you check your messages please mate ::g

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:46 pm

Mega B wrote:@Filternozzle,can you check your messages please mate ::g
Done....

Filternozzle

Re: Nexus Standard MP

Post by Filternozzle » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:26 am

raverill wrote:I've got one of the new upgraded MP's on order and can't wait to get delivery and put the new machine through its paces on my permission...the improvements and performance that Nexus has posted sound mighty impressive..looking forward to it
So how does the new MP compare with the previous MP model for depth and discrimination? And what differences if any, have you noticed in detecting in the field between the two machines?

We are aware the new MP has a larger coil (13") than your original MP which uses a 10" coil. Did you swap the coils over at any point for a true comparison?

We are looking forward to your comments.

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:58 am

Filternozzle wrote:
raverill wrote:I've got one of the new upgraded MP's on order and can't wait to get delivery and put the new machine through its paces on my permission...the improvements and performance that Nexus has posted sound mighty impressive..looking forward to it
So how does the new MP compare with the previous MP model for depth and discrimination? And what differences if any, have you noticed in detecting in the field between the two machines?

We are aware the new MP has a larger coil (13") than your original MP which uses a 10" coil. Did you swap the coils over at any point for a true comparison?

We are looking forward to your comments.

The new MP is considerably more stable on electric interference.
The new MP is also has more sensitivity and at the same time no chatter what so ever even at maximum sensitivity. At maximum sensitivity the new MP can detect a Vicky penny at 22-24" in air with a whisper signal. It can also detect Edward III hammered silver coin 18 by 19 mm at 14-15" in air with a whisper signal and very good signal at 12" in air.

These results may be obtainable with the first MP version and 13"DD coil, but the presence of some chatter at high sensitivity levels will likely obscure the most difficult targets.

The new MP is focused completely to the deepest targets and their accurate discrimination.
The first version of MP is more of a allrounder meant to satisfy wider audience with interest to general detecting.
Both versions will be very similar on heavy mineral conditions.

When the two versions are compared side by side with 13"DD coils few points are obvious;
- the new MP is more sensitive
- the new MP is completely smooth in the Threshold
- the older MP has more linear response to targets, which means the signal strength will increase in a linear fashion with targets getting closer, so the sound level will raise gradually from quite to loud as targets get closer to the coil.
- the new MP has more logarithmic audio response that brings it closer to the way most other detectors work. This means that the change from quite audio signals to louder signals will occur much faster with change of distance. So with the new MP deeper targets will sound louder, which makes it easier to use for finding the deep stuff.

The new MP does not have Turbo Audio mode anymore, so the toggle switch beneath the control box is only two way, where on the old version is three way.

The Sensitivity control of the new MP is not focused on significant increase of depth figures. Instead it is focused on the loudness of target signals. The difference from min to max sensitivity to a Vicky Penny with the new MP will be about 2", but the deep signals are much louder at max. sensitivity.

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:18 am

@Nexus,thanks for explaining what the difference between the 2 machines,i have a couple of question as well ??

Can a new pre September machine machine be upgraded to the latest spec and if so how much ?? and also are the coils inter-changeable between the 2 models,ie will a 13'' coil that was bought say today fit on the pre modification machines.

redwulf500

Post by redwulf500 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:14 pm

Hi how much is a new mp .sent to the uk...red

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:56 pm

Mega B wrote:@Nexus,thanks for explaining what the difference between the 2 machines,i have a couple of question as well ??

Can a new pre September machine machine be upgraded to the latest spec and if so how much ?? and also are the coils inter-changeable between the 2 models,ie will a 13'' coil that was bought say today fit on the pre modification machines.

Upgrading the first version of MP to the new is unfortunately more complicated than simply manufacturing a new control board. It can be done, but I do not have a price point for such work at the moment.

The search coils are the same for both versions.

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:58 pm

redwulf500 wrote:Hi how much is a new mp .sent to the uk...red
New MP retails at 1995 Euros with 13"DD.
Old MP was 1995 Euros with 10"DD.
Shipping is free worldwide.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:23 pm

Hi Raverill, are you in a position to post your experience with the new MP yet?

raverill

Post by raverill » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:57 am

Filternozzle wrote:
Hi Raverill, are you in a position to post your experience with the new MP yet?

Hi
What i can tell you is that the in air tests are as Georgi has stated in his earlier post..at least on the vicki penny....When I'm next out I will do some in the ground tests with a new 5p coin ( non iron core) and vicki penny just to check in ground performance. I'll report back when I've done this ::g

raverill

Post by raverill » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:04 am

Hi
What I can tell you is that the in air tests that Georgi posted earlier seem to bear out with ones I've done...at least on the Vicki penny...
When I'm next out I'll conduct some in ground tests on new 5p coin ( non iron core) and vicki penny and see what we get...
I'll post my findings ... ::g

redwulf500

Post by redwulf500 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:00 pm

hi what are these detectors like close to houses/power lines etc . do they pick electrical interferance up. thanks red.

raverill

Post by raverill » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:25 pm

When I first started detecting, many years ago ( ahem), one of my fields had power lines going over it..The detector I had then ( Arado 120B) was unusable in that field due to interference from them..
I've been in that same field a week ago and at times directly underneath them with the new MP..The MP was unfazed!

redwulf500

Post by redwulf500 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:03 am

raverill wrote:When I first started detecting, many years ago ( ahem), one of my fields had power lines going over it..The detector I had then ( Arado 120B) was unusable in that field due to interference from them..
I've been in that same field a week ago and at times directly underneath them with the new MP..The MP was unfazed!
hi thanks for that , whats it like if
turned on in the house or garden.....red

raverill

Post by raverill » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:35 am

You can get a steady threshold if the machine is still in the house( i.e. On a table) but obviously completely unusable if you move it due to its sensitivity as it picks up any large metal items in the house from great distance...

Return to “NEXUS Forum”