Nexus MP - Upgraded model 1st September 2016

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
Filternozzle

Re: Nexus Standard MP

Post by Filternozzle » Sun May 10, 2015 8:48 pm

I have no idea whether it is Roman or Viking although I think it is more likely to be Roman but what a great find! Well found.
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

LE.JAG

Post by LE.JAG » Sun May 10, 2015 11:45 pm

style and face seems too crude for the Roman, not
I would go for the more celtic

great find ::g ::g ::g
PI Fisher--Aquamanta / Pulsepowers Goldscan 5C / Vista Gold / Nexus Coronado

forgive my english ...

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Mon May 11, 2015 10:08 am

LE.JAG wrote:style and face seems too crude for the Roman, not
I would go for the more celtic

great find ::g ::g ::g

You make a good point

sanjuro

Post by sanjuro » Mon May 11, 2015 12:12 pm

You seem to be right Jag i have found this
https://finds.org.uk/database/artefacts ... /id/386212

sanjuro

Post by sanjuro » Mon May 11, 2015 3:12 pm

JamieSov wrote:HOw are you getting on with the MP, Sanjuro?

Incidentally, that link suggests Roman and not Celtic.
Im getting on just fine with it its very light and a pleasure to use easy to ground balance, the link does say Roman but i think it should say Roman period as LEJag says the detail is too crude for Roman when you look at other Celtic figures they all have the same crude details.

sanjuro

Post by sanjuro » Mon May 11, 2015 4:20 pm

JamieSov wrote:
sanjuro wrote:
JamieSov wrote:HOw are you getting on with the MP, Sanjuro?

Incidentally, that link suggests Roman and not Celtic.
Im getting on just fine with it its very light and a pleasure to use easy to ground balance, the link does say Roman but i think it should say Roman period as LEJag says the detail is too crude for Roman when you look at other Celtic figures they all have the same crude details.
Thanks. Yes, I too thought Roman and maybe even Celtic and as you say, given the stated time period of the other one, it could be either, but probably Celtic. Either way, it's a cracking find.

Can I ask what type of land you are using the MP on?
I have only used it 4 times so far 3 times on pasture once on ploughed the figure was found in pasture at only 3 inches deep as the ground was very stoney in this field.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Sun May 31, 2015 5:37 pm

Dumfries and Galloway-20150530-00706.jpg
A few photographs from yesterday's trip out. Nothing great found but the field has been well hammered over the years with different machines. Most of my finds were between 8" and 10".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Sun May 31, 2015 5:43 pm

My MP settings yesterday on where ground balanced out at 7.2 on the GB control.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:24 pm

Looking forward to getting out with the Nexus MP this Sunday, haven't used it since 21st June owing to illness, which I am glad to report is behind me now. Sunday can't come quick enough.

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:26 pm

Filternozzle wrote:Looking forward to getting out with the Nexus MP this Sunday, haven't used it since 21st June owing to illness, which I am glad to report is behind me now. Sunday can't come quick enough.
Richard,good to see you posting again mate,had been concerned that you had not posted of late ::g
Deus,TDI Pro,Nexus MP,Nexus SE,Fisher TW-5 twin box,DFX,T2,IDX Pro,Mirage Pulse,Crossbow Pulse,Trident11 Extreme

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:29 pm

which I am glad to report is is behind me now.
Very glad to hear that News, always interesting to read your topics on the Nexus ::g
Cheers
mrix

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:39 pm

When I first started using the Nexus MP my discrimination was set at the 10 O'clock position. However, over time I have reduced this down to the 8 O'clock position. The LED still shows small iron in blue colour; large iron does show red but I can usually tell its iron by the loudness of the audio together with a slow sweep with the coil raised will often produce an initial blue LED.

We all do things maybe a little different but this works well for me. I feel it has better sensitivity to small low conductors.

erling66

Post by erling66 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:36 pm

Hi from Norway.
I have used my Nexus MP for a few months now and there are a few things I can`t figure out 8-| A 1 or 2 Euro cent buried 6 inch down on farm soil is difficult to detect, and often gives a blue led in several directions. My White`s M6 and a friends XP deus had no problem. I have followed the user manual for set up and also tried different set ups.
And if I set the discrimination to 1 o`clock or higher, all metal and iron will give a blue signal.
I will really appreciate any advice since I find much less coins now than I did before with my White`s M6

nexusmd

Post by nexusmd » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:25 am

A disc setting of 1 o clock is much too high. A good starting point is 9 or 10 o'clock.
Dont over do the sensitivity setting and make sure you are ground balanced correctly.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:00 am

erling66 wrote:Hi from Norway.
I have used my Nexus MP for a few months now and there are a few things I can`t figure out 8-| A 1 or 2 Euro cent buried 6 inch down on farm soil is difficult to detect, and often gives a blue led in several directions. My White`s M6 and a friends XP deus had no problem. I have followed the user manual for set up and also tried different set ups.
And if I set the discrimination to 1 o`clock or higher, all metal and iron will give a blue signal.
I will really appreciate any advice since I find much less coins now than I did before with my White`s M6
Hi Erling66,

First, the advice given by Nexusmd is absolutely correct.

However, to ensure we understand each other I will go through the main points :

* Ensure the toggle switch is in the centre (All Metal) position.
* Sensitivity not too high, try 12 O'clock
* turn volume on full
* Adjust Threshold to a faint audible tone
* Ground Balance so there is no or very little difference in tone whilst raising and lowering the coil.
* Adjust Discrimination no higher than 10 O'clock (mine is at 8)
* Once target is located, slow the sweep speed down and go over the centre of the target with sweep lengths of 8cm

Good luck and happy hunting.

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:15 pm

erling66 wrote:Hi from Norway.
Hi Earling.

1 and 2 Euro cent coins are Iron based (attractable to magnet) and in air will give reversed audio with blue meter response.
In the ground they will be exactly the same as response if the soil is undisturbed.

TESTS IN MAN MADE BURIED HOLES ARE INCORRECT and never lead to real results.

Why?

Because the soil in the buried pot hole will have considerable influence over the discrimination channel of the detector forcing it to indicate Iron (blue color). The reasons for this phenomenon is change of the ground conductivity and reduction of ferro-magnetic properties of the soil in the buried hole.
In smaller holes there will be no audible or meter readings, however small non-ferrous targets buried in those holes will be difficult to discriminate, because of the hole interference.

The digital detectors you'v mentioned are programmed to respond "correctly" on freshly buried targets. Never the less reading Iron based coins (1 and 2 Euro cents) as non-ferrous is quite incorrect.

erling66

Post by erling66 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:47 pm

Thank you guys for useful info. I did some detecting today on a field with cows (compact soil) Ground balanced correctly. sense 12 o`clock, disc 10 o`clock. 3 targets were iron 100gr+ and gave a 4 way red signal with nice audio. 7 targets gave a 2 or 3 way red signal with unstable audio, they were all smaller iron(rusty nails etc) No non ferrous targets(maybe there were none there) So should I stop digging on 2 or 3 ways red signals?

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:00 pm

erling66 wrote:Thank you guys for useful info. I did some detecting today on a field with cows (compact soil) Ground balanced correctly. sense 12 o`clock, disc 10 o`clock. 3 targets were iron 100gr+ and gave a 4 way red signal with nice audio. 7 targets gave a 2 or 3 way red signal with unstable audio, they were all smaller iron(rusty nails etc) No non ferrous targets(maybe there were none there) So should I stop digging on 2 or 3 ways red signals?
Hi erling66,

It's difficult to offer advice, because there is a lot of information not known. Also I do not know what you mean by a 3 or 4 way red signal (do you mean N & S, E & W), unstable audio (do you mean faint or uneven).

I will send you a pm over the weekend to gain further information and clarification to help you if that is okay.

erling66

Post by erling66 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:09 pm

Filternozzle wrote: Hi erling66,

It's difficult to offer advice, because there is a lot of information not known. Also I do not know what you mean by a 3 or 4 way red signal (do you mean N & S, E & W), unstable audio (do you mean faint or uneven).

I will send you a pm over the weekend to gain further information and clarification to help you if that is okay.
Hi Richard
Yes I mean N & S, E & W. And by unstable audio I mean uneven. I hope I can make a video I can put on Youtube.
A PM with more help will be great :)

erling66

Post by erling66 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:42 pm

Here is a video of some signals. They were all iron. So how can I recognize them as iron so I don`t have to dig them? Sence at 12 o`clock, disc at 10.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWf6bwO ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “NEXUS Forum”