Nexus MP - Upgraded model 1st September 2016

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
Filternozzle

Nexus MP - Upgraded model 1st September 2016

Post by Filternozzle » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Have watched a few videos on YouTube, it looks interesting, I believe it will be available in the first quarter of the new year. I was thinking of purchasing the MK II but will wait for this new model to come out and see what the difference is.
Last edited by Filternozzle on Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

Filternozzle

Re: Nexus MP

Post by Filternozzle » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:21 am

Glenfiddich wrote:Hi FN ::g I see that you're not getting many responses about your Nexus Standard MP detector and maybe this is because its not a machine that too many have heard about :-O :-L so could you maybe post a link or two of the videos which you were watching for others on here to see ::g ::g
I did a Google search of the detector which you are talking about and I have to say that for a detector which doesn't have any LCD display it's quite a good looking machine and one which might be a good alternative to the likes of those who like CScope or Tesoro detectors ::g
Glen ::g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX8uCSVuBvs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For myself I prefer to use detectors without LCD screens and make adjustments with rotary knobs and switches. However, the detector must be able to run smoothly and correctly identify at depth the difference between ferrous and non-ferrous. My Nexus Credo DDM fits this profile and I very much hope its future big brother will be even better.
Last edited by Filternozzle on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

botto

Re: Nexus Standard MP

Post by botto » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Like how it works in the iron on the YouTube video, be watching this one with interest.

Gav.
Laser trident extreme, Nexus MP, Deus, Sov xs2pro, Whites dual field PI.

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:25 pm

stumbled across a depth test today before i saw this thread, it was a small hammered put in a side hole so undisturbed test. they tried the etrac, aka sorex and the nexus.
the nexus was the only detector to find it ;)

neil.
DOWSING RODS with a golden sense as backup LOL

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:40 pm

heres another on the standard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... -aE9MBkqcQ

neil.
DOWSING RODS with a golden sense as backup LOL

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:15 pm

THE MOLE wrote:heres another on the standard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... -aE9MBkqcQ

neil.
This video is using the Standard Mk II not the Standard MP. They are two different machines. It can be confusing I know.
Last edited by Filternozzle on Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

allwaysanothersunday

Post by allwaysanothersunday » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:31 pm

hi - so is the MP a replacement for the Standard Mk2 ? I'am trying to work out what these black knobs on the left hand side of the MP control box are for - they look a bit odd - each knob seems to have 2 control dials - some sort of ground balance perhaps ? It would seem to be better to go for newer model (MP) which is presumably an improvement on the Mk2 - but it might be worth considering a Mk2 if Nexus dealers heavily discount remaining stock (maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part !)

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:17 am

allwaysanothersunday wrote:hi - so is the MP a replacement for the Standard Mk2 ? I'am trying to work out what these black knobs on the left hand side of the MP control box are for - they look a bit odd - each knob seems to have 2 control dials - some sort of ground balance perhaps ? It would seem to be better to go for newer model (MP) which is presumably an improvement on the Mk2 - but it might be worth considering a Mk2 if Nexus dealers heavily discount remaining stock (maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part !)
Keep in mind those pictures are of a prototype, the final production model may look different. There are two 10 turn controls on the left of the picture, one will be for ground balance, not sure what the other is. The Standard MP will be top of their model range but I do not think it is replacing the Standard Mk II but I could be wrong.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:24 pm

Here is the new Nexus Standard MP control box. Sorry I have had to post it sideways, it was the only way I could download the picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:15 pm

allwaysanothersunday wrote:hi - so is the MP a replacement for the Standard Mk2 ? I'am trying to work out what these black knobs on the left hand side of the MP control box are for - they look a bit odd - each knob seems to have 2 control dials - some sort of ground balance perhaps ? It would seem to be better to go for newer model (MP) which is presumably an improvement on the Mk2 - but it might be worth considering a Mk2 if Nexus dealers heavily discount remaining stock (maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part !)
The Nexus Standard MP has now been launched. It is NOT a replacement for the Standard Mk II but it is the new top model of the Nexus range.

To handle severe to very severe mineralised conditions the MP has two dedicated rotary controls (one is a ten turn job) and a switch. The ground balance is a ten turn control which will enable perfect ground balancing. In all there are eight rotary controls and three switches but they seem easy enough to understand. The MP is not an uprated Mk II, it houses new technology, details are now up on their website for anyone interested.

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:25 pm

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:35 pm

Underground depth test with Nexus Standard MP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZffNMs_ ... e=youtu.be

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:33 am

I'll be out with the Nexus Standard MP this weekend. Hopefully, I will find something decent to post. Last weekend I had a good number and variety of different sizes of non-ferrous targets but nothing worth posting.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:21 pm

Filternozzle wrote:I'll be out with the Nexus Standard MP this weekend. Hopefully, I will find something decent to post. Last weekend I had a good number and variety of different sizes of non-ferrous targets but nothing worth posting.
A hard days detecting in a wooded area. Plenty of targets, but nothing of interest just musket shot, shotgun cartridges, bird ring, D buckles etc. Was pleased with the performance of the MP.

I have fitted very small rubber O-rings to most of the controls and the effect is very good. The controls are firm and do not move if accidently knocked etc.

sanjuro

Post by sanjuro » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:41 pm

My friend has got the 10 inch coil for his Standard MK11 it makes the detector very light and i feel its better than the Deus to swing today he found 2 strap ends and a few other bits on a very rough ploughed field, have you got the 10 inch one on yours ? can the MP also use the butterfly coils ?

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:53 pm

sanjuro wrote:My friend has got the 10 inch coil for his Standard MK11 it makes the detector very light and i feel its better than the Deus to swing today he found 2 strap ends and a few other bits on a very rough ploughed field, have you got the 10 inch one on yours ? can the MP also use the butterfly coils ?
The MP only has the option of DD coils, it comes with 10" DD as standard. The classic dual (figure 8 coil) will never be an option for the MP model. The MP has different circuit board to the Mk II and as I understand it the figure 8 coils do not work as well as the new D D coils on it.

sanjuro

Post by sanjuro » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:46 pm

i am still considering whether to buy an MP or not its a lot to pay to be disappointed if the performance is not as up to scratch and also there are not many (if any) reviews from actual users its a good job that FilterNozzle is a respected trustworthy guy who knows whats what.
I will have to try my m8s Standard MK11 to get more of a feel of what i can expect from the MP so far i like the smoothness of the detector and the balance with the 10 inch DD is excellent, the only issues that worry me are ground balance ones ie will i always be able to get a GB so that the light meter reads correctly a good ferrous non ferrous id at depth is what im looking for.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:12 pm

sanjuro wrote:i am still considering whether to buy an MP or not its a lot to pay to be disappointed if the performance is not as up to scratch and also there are not many (if any) reviews from actual users its a good job that FilterNozzle is a respected trustworthy guy who knows whats what.
I will have to try my m8s Standard MK11 to get more of a feel of what i can expect from the MP so far i like the smoothness of the detector and the balance with the 10 inch DD is excellent, the only issues that worry me are ground balance ones ie will i always be able to get a GB so that the light meter reads correctly a good ferrous non ferrous id at depth is what im looking for.
Sanjuro, the GB on the MP is a ten turn job which enables very accurate setting, once ground balanced, it is very smooth, there is no thermal drift at all, which means the only time adjustment is required is when the ground mineralisation changes.
To date, I have found the MP identification to be very accurate on both small and large items, shallow and deep. PM sent.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:59 am

I have been using the Standard MP for a while now. I have been comparing signals with a detecting pal before they were dug. The oject being to establish whether the MP can not only go deep but also discriminate at depth. Finally, after hours and hours of detecting out in the field on real targets I can say without any doubt the Nexus Stanard MP is the deepest seeking machine with accurate discrimination that I have ever used.
Yesterday it found and correctly id (as non-ferrous) two targets that could not be detected at all by my friend using his Nautilus.
The MP will now become my number one VLF detector, taking the place of my Nautilus which has held this position ever since I purchased it years ago.

sanjuro

Post by sanjuro » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:53 pm

Any VLF that can beat the Nautilus must be deep i was very impressed with mine in low mineral (fe) ground but the MP has the bonus of been able to work in high (fe) soils i am impressed with the smoothness of the Nexus detectors i have seen, the MP is my next purchase, you said before that the MP lasts all day on a charge would you say it would last 8 hours ? the manual says up to 14.

Return to “NEXUS Forum”