Nexus MP - Upgraded model 1st September 2016

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
Filternozzle

Re: Nexus Standard MP

Post by Filternozzle » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:36 am

erling66 wrote:Here is a video of some signals. They were all iron. So how can I recognize them as iron so I don`t have to dig them? Sence at 12 o`clock, disc at 10.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWf6bwO ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hi erling66,
Okay, here are my comments :

Target 1. This was obviously a large target, look at where the signal started and where the coil was finally positioned. When you turned 90°only a blue LED was shown clearly indicating this was an iron target. Lesson to be learned : Whilst sweeping, walk round the target, if at any point a continuous blue LED is shown (Left to right and right to left) it will be iron.

Target 2. I am sure had you walked round this target whilst continuously sweeping at a slow sweep speed a blue LED would have appeared. The other point I would make is, it is very important to check the ground balance regularly to ensure it is finely tuned, by lifting the coil 30cm and lowering to 5cm and making any necessary adjustment. With this detector,if the ground balance is not correct it will produce inaccurate LED readings.

Target 3. Flat iron like this presents a problem for a lot of VLF machines. Comments for the previous targets apply. Also,when sweeping and going round the target, ensure the coil clears the target at least once on a full left to right and right to left swing. This will help with this type of iron target because when slowly sweeping into the target an initial blue LED will show before changing to red.

Target 4. Previous comments apply. However, note at one point a continuous blue LED was shown when passing the coil left to right and right to left, a sure sign of a iron target.

Target 5. A full LED bar with a powerful audio signal. Iron rings like this will catch out many VLF detectors. However, with a powerful signal like this I recommend passing the coil right over and clear of the target (Left to right and right to left ) with slow sweep speed what you are looking for is to see if a blue LED is shown prior to it going red, if it does show it indicates iron. This particular type of target may still fool the detector but the above advice will give you the best chance of identifying the target as iron.

Target 6. When you turned 90 °, a continuous blue LED was shown on a right to left and left to right sweep, clearly indicating an iron target. Sloow the sweep speed down when analysing targets.

I hope this helps.
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:38 am

erling66 wrote:Here is a video of some signals. They were all iron. So how can I recognize them as iron so I don`t have to dig them? Sence at 12 o`clock, disc at 10.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWf6bwO ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The best way to understand the targets is to put a non-ferrous coin or some other non-ferrous object like a lead ball on the ground near the uncertain target and compare the responses of the detector to both.
Large Iron is never clear in the discrimination readings, but with experience its easy to recognize.
You can also use the Iron Rejection. It will give you a very good idea of what's in the ground.

I suppose you could also contact this guy Larry Engleheart. His brother Randy is using the MP in the US and he found a lot of American coins with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFULbrAu-TI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuhJ8y ... HmpOozxb0w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

erling66

Post by erling66 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:17 pm

Thank you very much guys. First I thought that the detector needed to be adjusted by the factory, but now I know that it is me that need practice :) Will be posting some hammered coins soon I hope :D

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:07 pm

erling66 wrote:Thank you very much guys. First I thought that the detector needed to be adjusted by the factory, but now I know that it is me that need practice :) Will be posting some hammered coins soon I hope :D
Good luck erling66 and remember the more you use the Nexus MP the quicker you will get to understand it. There is a learning curve which just takes time to get through.

Filternozzle

Re: Nexus MP

Post by Filternozzle » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:35 pm

Just thought I would mention the Dual Tone facility on the Nexus MP.

When I first purchased my machine Feb this year, I did try it but at the time decided it wasn't for me. However, I have recently been playing with the detector trying different settings and come to the conclusion the Dual Tone is worth using, it just takes a little getting used to.

I have to use hearing aids in both ears. But because the Dual Tone (pitch) can be varied from low to high I have found the pitch near the top end suits my hearing. I can definitely hear the deeper fainter signals better. Whatever pitch is chosen the higher of the two is for the goodies (whatever has NOT been discriminated out) and the lower is for whatever has been discriminated out by the Discrimination setting. So for those that don't want to look at the LED its an alternative way of identifying whether to dig or not.
Last edited by Filternozzle on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

botto

Post by botto » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:11 pm

Just bought a new MP so can't wait for it to arrive later this week, got permission on a good local site where we have had some great finds off but everything is deep.
Hoping the MP can sniff out stuff we have missed.

Cheers,
Gavin.
Laser trident extreme, Nexus MP, Deus, Sov xs2pro, Whites dual field PI.

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:16 pm

@ botto,Gavin although i dont have a MP i do have the Standard SE model and they are very deep machines for sure ::g

That SEF 8x6 coil you had is still working its magic by the way on the DFX ;)

botto

Post by botto » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:32 pm

Well it's arrived Safe and sound, be trying it out on Sunday so I have been reading tips posted on the forum about setting it up.
Gave it a spin around the garden but it's full of rubbish so not much of a test but managed to GB no probs.

Gav.
Laser trident extreme, Nexus MP, Deus, Sov xs2pro, Whites dual field PI.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:01 am

botto wrote:Well it's arrived Safe and sound, be trying it out on Sunday so I have been reading tips posted on the forum about setting it up.
Gave it a spin around the garden but it's full of rubbish so not much of a test but managed to GB no probs.
Gav.
To get the deepest targets use a slow sweep and dig any target that gives a red ddm even if it only shows up from one direction. The shorter the ddm the smaller/deeper the target will be.

When analysing the target use very slow short sweeps over the centre of the target to get the most accurate discrimination, sweep of about 5".

Good luck
Last edited by Filternozzle on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:23 pm

For anyone interested I would like to inform you that the Nexus Standard MP was upgraded since the 1.09.2016
First of all the standard search coil now is the 13"DD, which over time have proven to be significantly deeper in the ground than the 10"DD.
The retail price is the same as it was by now with the 10"DD coil.
Now the MP is more powerful and much more smooth in the Threshold at high sensitivity level.
The Turbo Audio is omitted as it does not contribute to the primary objective, which is maximum depth and discrimination.
The Audio tones are also changed to tunes more acceptable for a wider audience.
The sensitivity of the LED meter was raised and the recovery of the LED meter is now slower allowing more accurate identification of the deepest targets.
All of the late upgrades are allowing the MP to detect a silver 6p at 12" in the ground with a loud signal, while lifting the search coil over 4" in air above the coin location.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Nexus wrote:For anyone interested I would like to inform you that the Nexus Standard MP was upgraded since the 1.09.2016
First of all the standard search coil now is the 13"DD, which over time have proven to be significantly deeper in the ground than the 10"DD.
Now the MP is more powerful and much more smooth in the Threshold at high sensitivity level.
The Turbo Audio is omitted as it does not contribute to the primary objective, which is maximum depth and discrimination.
The sensitivity of the LED meter was raised and the recovery of the LED meter is now slower allowing more accurate identification of the deepest targets.
All of the late upgrades are allowing the MP to detect a silver 6p at 12" in the ground with a loud signal, while lifting the search coil over 4" in air above the coin location.
Thanks for the update Nexus. However, for myself and probably a few others the interest is more focused on the in-ground depth of a hammered coin like a silver penny. Would you post that information for us. Thanks
Last edited by Filternozzle on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:14 pm

Filternozzle wrote:
Nexus wrote:For anyone interested I would like to inform you that the Nexus Standard MP was upgraded since the 1.09.2016
Thanks for the update Nexus. However, for myself and probably a few others the interest is more focused on the in-ground depth of a hammered coin like a silver penny. Would you post that information for us. Thanks
Hi Filternozzle.
At full sensitivity the upgraded MP is quite stable on ground and quite smooth in the Threshold.
In this condition with the 13"DD coil the MP can detect with a faint signal a hammered silver Edward III (18 x 19 mm oblong shape) at about 15" in air. A very good signal can be obtained at 12" in air.
Also a hammered silver farthing (10mm) is giving a faint signal at almost 12". A good signal can be heard from 8" in air.
Since the MP have proven again and agin to find all targets at least at the same depth in the ground as in the air (concerning the good signal level mentioned above) I am quite certain it will find these two coins at the mentioned 8" and 12".
The recent improvements have made possible the detection of a hammered copper bucket 8" in diameter buried at 1 meter (top edge of the bucket) under solid undisturbed soil. The signal that I can get is quite loud ( approx. 15-18" signal field area) and the MP keeps giving signals from this target about 8" further in air above the target location.
From everything that I have tested and we are talking about a lot of top end detectors, the MP with the 13"DD coil is the only one capable to find this copper bucket with this coil size.

One of our reference signals on our test site is a nickel coin 18.5mm placed in a narrow 19mm drilled hole at 12" exactly. The improved MP with 13"DD coil is getting a very loud signal ( approx. 10" signal field area) from this coin when the coil moves close to the soil and keeps getting faint signals between 6 "and 8" in air above the coin location.

Filternozzle

Re: Upgraded Nexus MP

Post by Filternozzle » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:34 am

Hi Nexus,
I have to say those in-ground depths on the hammered penny and farthing are exceptionally deep. From what you say, the new upgraded MP will be good at finding large deep targets as well as small quality targets. Have any of these upgraded MPs been shipped to the UK?

Nexus

Re: Upgraded Nexus MP

Post by Nexus » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:34 pm

Filternozzle wrote:Hi Nexus,
I have to say those in-ground depths on the hammered penny and farthing are exceptionally deep. From what you say, the new upgraded MP will be good at finding large deep targets as well as small quality targets. Have any of these upgraded MPs been shipped to the UK?

We have a couple of UK customers that have ordered the new MP, but they are not delivered yet.

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:42 pm

In the past two days I was out with the new MP on a 16" deep plowed field loaded with huge chunks of dirt.
The new MP can handle such conditions with exceptional stability at minimum sensitivity (Vicky Penny is detectable at 16" in air in this setting). No false signals from ground at all.
It was quite useable in those field conditions even at full sensitivity.

raverill

Post by raverill » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:33 pm

I've got one of the new upgraded MP's on order and can't wait to get delivery and put the new machine through its paces on my permission...the improvements and performance that Nexus has posted sound mighty impressive..looking forward to it

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:10 pm

raverill wrote:I've got one of the new upgraded MP's on order and can't wait to get delivery and put the new machine through its paces on my permission...the improvements and performance that Nexus has posted sound mighty impressive..looking forward to it
That's good news Raverill, I am looking forward to your comments on performance etc.

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:41 pm

A little update on the MP.
Today I have recovered one of the 8" hammered copper buckets from our test site. There were two buried in the ground. One on the bottom of a hole 1 meter deep and the second under solid undisturbed soil 1 meter deep as well. This was to show the difference between targets buried in holes vs targets been in as close as possible to real conditions.
I have recovered the one that was on the bottom of a hole to check what is the detection in air to this target. A faint signal extends to 1.2 meters ( 4 feet), which confirms that the signal we are getting from the bucket under 1 meter solid soil is real and not a product of a mistake or imagination.
The signal from the remaining buried bucket is marginally stronger, which indicates that there is no loss of detection at 1 meter depth.

With the man who came to help me with this work today we have also measured the detecting of 1 kg of small Roman scrap coins (445 pcs) buried at 68 cm (top layer of the coins) in a small ceramic jar (8 cm in diameter) in 8 cm drilled hole in the ground, just enough for the small ceramic jar to pass down. After a couple of months been in the ground and some rain fall the signal was quite strong so we took the hoard out for air testing.
The upgraded MP gives faint signals at 95 cm (a little over 3 feet) in air and good signal at about 30" in air.
The upgraded MP have exceeded the capabilities of all resonant tuned detectors that we have manufactured for years and it is capable to find small hoards with just 13"DD coil at depths that were possible only with the SE Ultima coil by now.
Also this depth figures are completely beyond the abilities of any PI in normal soil.

Video tests with Edward III hammered silver penny at 12" and hammered silver farthing (10mm) at 8" both in the ground are on the way and will be available to watch soon.

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:05 pm

@Nexus,Georgi,is it just the MP model that has been updated or can the MK11 perform the same,as you are aware i have the SE version which is deeper enough for most situations and deeper than my TDI Pro.

Are you still using the same UK agent as CR had been selling machines off ??

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Mega B wrote:@Nexus,Georgi,
Are you still using the same UK agent as CR had been selling machines off ??
UK agent: Worldwidedetectors.com ::g

Return to “NEXUS Forum”