Upgrade time / beach detecting - Credo DDM

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
ScoopyDoo

Upgrade time / beach detecting - Credo DDM

Post by ScoopyDoo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:19 pm

I'm mostly into beach detecting, and currently use a CScope 990XD. It's a great machine for a few reasons, one, it's non motion which I really like, and two, I love working with the tones that it produces, which really help me know when it's time to dig, and what I can expect to find. The thing that lets it down, is depth.

I'm considering a Credo DDM as it seems like a lot of detector for the money, and my hope is that it could be a natural step up from what I'm used to. So I would be very interested to hear from anyone that has spent a lot of time using one on the beach. What are its pros and cons, etc.
C-Scope CS990XD
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
M sand scoop

Filternozzle

Re: Upgrade time / beach detecting - Credo DDM

Post by Filternozzle » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:07 pm

When beach detecting on the wet sand, I find that PI detectors give a much better result in respect of depth. Of course there is a limit to the depth which is more to do with the hole filling in and collapsing.
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:10 pm

Some very good deals on Nexus machines at the moment on the 4 letter website,Nexus Credo DDM £600 and will even go down lower as well,and the top of the range Nexus MP for £850.Have been offered the Credo for £500 brand new from the same folks.A bargain if i have ever seen one ::g

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:12 pm

ScoopyDoo wrote:I'm mostly into beach detecting, and currently use a CScope 990XD. It's a great machine for a few reasons, one, it's non motion which I really like, and two, I love working with the tones that it produces, which really help me know when it's time to dig, and what I can expect to find. The thing that lets it down, is depth.

I'm considering a Credo DDM as it seems like a lot of detector for the money, and my hope is that it could be a natural step up from what I'm used to. So I would be very interested to hear from anyone that has spent a lot of time using one on the beach. What are its pros and cons, etc.
With Credo DDM and 10"DD coil you can expect 1 pound coin at 10" on the tidal line. A little bit away to the dry sand you will get it deeper.
You will not find any white gold items as they are rejected together with the salt water.
Yellow gold and all other metals are within maximum range.

cabbie

Post by cabbie » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:32 am

Hi Nexus
I know this is an old post but could you explain more about the white gold rejection as I believed white gold was only a plating a few microns thick over yellow gold and a true 'white' gold is impossible.
It is quite worrying if a few microns of plating would make the machine reject a gold item.

I read this as I am searching Nexus machines in view of buying one against the other top brands > £750

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:19 am

cabbie wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:32 am
Hi Nexus
I know this is an old post but could you explain more about the white gold rejection as I believed white gold was only a plating a few microns thick over yellow gold and a true 'white' gold is impossible.
It is quite worrying if a few microns of plating would make the machine reject a gold item.

I read this as I am searching Nexus machines in view of buying one against the other top brands > £750
Hello Cabbie.

White gold is a solid alloy not just a few microns overlay.
On the wet sand white gold is rejected together with all of the tiny gold chains, because they have the same phase shift as the salt water and this goes for all IB detectors. Most manufacturers never bother to mention this.

I have never heard of a yellow gold jewellery been plated white on top as white gold is actually cheaper than yellow gold. However a few microns of white gold on top of a solid yellow gold item will not stop the detector of finding that target.

Return to “NEXUS Forum”