18 khz coil on the credo ddm

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
blindmole

18 khz coil on the credo ddm

Post by blindmole » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:36 am

Hi all, Has anybody out there used the 18 khz coil on the credo ? At the moment my credo has the 7 khz coil fitted on it , and i feel it might benefit with the sharper response of the 18 . As i hunt mostly for small hammies, and cuts ect...and am not to bothered in digging super deep holes chasing vicky pennies , but would like to see if there are a few nice bits left just that little bit deeper than say the deus boys can reach and
may have missed . I would be very great full for Any input on this coil such as its affect on disc, ground balance ect many thanks b.m

Nexus

Re: 18 khz coil on the credo ddm

Post by Nexus » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:17 pm

Hi there and congratulations for your choice of detector.
Since the Credo is a resonant tuned detector 18kHz coil will not add any depth on anything in the ground.
In air testing the 18kHz coils appear to be more responsive on smaller items, but it is not quite the same in the ground.
The lower frequency coil been far less sensitive to ground interference allows much greater Sensitivity of the detector, which will always result in greater depth for all targets.
18kHz coil on the Credo may give you some improvement in Iron Rejection mode while working on Iron infested sites.

All the above concerns only resonant tuned detectors.

For other brands that are not resonant tuned things are different as the transfer function between input and output energy is not the same as with resonant tuned detectors. So in their case 18kHz coils make a huge difference to small stuff.

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:59 pm

ghound wrote:Oddly enough i just emailed Georgi yesterday with the same question lol
I fancy trying the larger coil for covering more ground on pasture.
Well I don't mind repeating the same thing twice. ::g

blindmole

Post by blindmole » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:07 pm

Many thanks for the excellent replies, let me know how you get on with the larger coil good luck mate bm

blindmole

Post by blindmole » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:54 am

Great , hope it does the biz for you mate.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:01 am

ghound wrote:I've the big coil on the way, the 10" coil @7khz does well in tests on a hammered penny so hopefully the 6khz will be ok to, will be handy for covering ground!
Hi ghound, very interested to hear your feedback on the 13" coil, especially on small hammered.
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

Return to “NEXUS Forum”