Credo on small coins vs small trash.

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
Filternozzle

Re: Credo on small coins vs small trash.

Post by Filternozzle » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:55 pm

ghound wrote:

I read once that the Credo didn't pickup small lead like .22 pellets and so could/would miss small hammered, so i tried it out with the 13" coil @6khz, 2 tones set to small nails.
Hi ghound, not quite sure what your result was when trying it out??

Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:18 pm

ghound wrote:Many people are put off with large coils and low khz because they might miss small hammered.
It was to show that the Credo does miss the lead pellet and other small items but it still gets the tiny Roman coin in 6khz, probably also why it runs so smooth with little falsing.
A higher khz machine with a smaller coil would probably hit all the items.
Thank you ghound for sharing this info. It is important that users come to this conclusion on their own since most of them do not believe some of my statements.

With the Credo and all of the other resonant tuned Nexus models the sensitivity to small items at low frequencies is due to the electro-magnetic resonance of the receiving coil.
I have explained many times to many customers that when a coil is tuned in full resonance it does not require high frequencies to hit well small non ferrous targets.

With the Nexus Standard MP the difference between sensitivity to tiny trash and small hammered coins is much greater, regardless the absence of a resonance in the RX. The result there is due to the SDT - Super Dumping Technology, the electronic circuit responsible for better suppression of ground interference, which happened to suppress also the tiny lead trash without affecting the small hammered coins.

blindmole

Post by blindmole » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:51 pm

Nice one G hound , Looking promising for that new coil mate .Im off to try my credo with the 10 " coil on pasture for the first time this weekend . All my fields that ive used mine on so far have been stubble . it still performs well , but i find that i have to skim just above the stubble to get the best results , and not try and force the coil down through to reach the soil below . Saying that, I have still found coins down to about 10 " deep , and had no trouble at all with either hot rocks or iron ( happy days ) , But its the pasture that i really bought it for and i cant wait to try it out on flat ground this weekend

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:38 pm

Thanks for the clarification ghound. Its good to hear from another user getting on well with the Nexus. ::g
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

Return to “NEXUS Forum”