Nexus Standard MP - Excellent on Small Silver Hammered Coins

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
Justbiggles

Nexus Standard MP - Excellent on Small Silver Hammered Coins

Post by Justbiggles » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:39 pm

Never let it be said that the Nexus Standard MP is no good on small hammered silver. Today this machine confirmed that it is in a league of its own. "Georgi" I dont no how you do it, but thank you.
The tiny coin below was found today ( an Elizabeth 1 three farthings i think , weight 0.60g) at around 2 inches deep in moderately mineralised ground with a 2 way red DDM, settings were dual tones off, sensitivity 12 o clock, discrimination to minimum full anti clockwise but with toggle switch set to left - this provides minimum disc just enough to remove small nails and most coke/hot rocks. Nothing special about that you could say, but when checking the hole in all metal to check nothing else was there, only around 4 inches from the edge of the hole and within one coil width was a full on ferrous target full on Blue DDM which turned out to be a rusty nail around 1 1/2 inches long. This machine pulled out this tiny coin with a very clear signal with no hint of ferrous.
I cant praise the performance of my Nexus enough, and have owned several top of the range detectors over the years, these do not even come close to the capabilities of the Nexus MP.
It does take time to master this machine, but believe me its worth every minute and every hole dug in the learning process.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

redwulf500

Re: Nexus Standard MP - Excellent on Small Silver Hammered C

Post by redwulf500 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:15 pm

Nice one its a penny i think... ::g

rickyp123

Post by rickyp123 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 am

nice find mate and nothing beats having confidence in yor machine thats half the battle me thinks positve attitude goes along way GL&HH

rickyp123

Post by rickyp123 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:00 am

theres plenty out there that wouldnt pick it up

Return to “NEXUS Forum”