This video is showing only how the Dual Tone is working, but the DT is not the way to go deep. You also have ignored completely the readings of the LED meter, which are far more important that the dual tone audio.ghound wrote:
I'm struggling to find a setting on my Credo for small silver.
I've done a short video of my settings and also ran my GM5 over the same targets in 18khz to show that there not overly deep.
The Credo is in all metal, zero disc, max sensitivity, and 2 tone. Other than running 2 tone these are as near to the manufacturers recommended settings for deep targets.
I'm getting ferrous or mixed tones at best, one way signals etc
The Credo is advertised as getting a good signal at near 12" on a sixpence, in my video I'm testing at 7", so i must be doing something wrong, so any help on settings i could try would be much appreciated!
Please follow the advise below.
1. GB in dual tone mode or in Iron Rejection or both is not recommended. You need to do GB in all metal and single tone audio only and every time.
2. The Credo DDM Dual Tone is a slow recovery by default. This means that the DT can be useful only for relatively shallow targets and will not recognize fast enough the deep non-ferrous targets.
3. Sweep length. When you do find any target to be difficult to discriminate slow down the sweep and get it as short as possible right on top of the target position. While doing so make sure that you push the coil as close as possible to the soil.
4. The Credo DDM just as any other Nexus detector is designed to find the deep targets as advertised, by listening the single audio tone responses and observing the meter at the same time, without relying on automatic features (such as DT or IR) to tell you what is in there.
5. Testing anything as on your video so close to the edge of the test pit is very inaccurate, because the pit will interfere with the discrimination. For proper test the search coil have to be at least 10" away from the edge of the test pit.
Remember! For as long as you expect the Credo DDM to behave like any other detector you will fail in your efforts to master it. When you work with the Credo DDM you need to leave behind what the other detectors do and how they do it, because Credo is not one of those detectors.
In short - All Metal Mode, no Dual Tone, no Iron Rejection and observe the LED meter. This is the way to find the deep stuff with Credo DDM.