Broken lower shaft on Credo.

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
Nexus

Re: Broken lower shaft on Credo.

Post by Nexus » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:26 pm

Everything is covered by the warranty, especially by the fact that we do not charge for most types of repairs even out of warranty, regardless that some time users break parts by force.
The question that I have is why this enquiry has been posted here and not sent to us or to your dealer first?

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:42 pm

Nexus wrote:Everything is covered by the warranty, especially by the fact that we do not charge for most types of repairs even out of warranty, regardless that some time users break parts by force.
The question that I have is why this enquiry has been posted here and not sent to us or to your dealer first?
Absolutely right 'Nexus' ::g The first port of call should always be the supplier. That goes for all detector makes and models. ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:31 pm

ghound wrote:Simply because i bought it from 'Crusty Romans' who are no longer a dealer for Nexus, and this is a Nexus forum, so I've asked the question here.
Customers of ex Nexus dealers should contact us directly with any warranty issues, not the forums.

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:32 pm

ghound wrote:Thanks for the info, but i think I'll try and modify it onto a Golden Mask telescopic shaft instead.
Please be advised that self made modifications will void your warranty. On the other hand to receive a new low pole stem free of charge all you have to do is send us your delivery address.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:18 pm

On the other hand to receive a new low pole stem free of charge all you have to do is send us your delivery address.
Cant get any fairer than that! ::g B-)
Nice to see such great after-sales service.

Cheers
mrix

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:12 pm

Will be following this conversion with interest,must admit the GM carbon Fibre telescopic shaft is my favourite shaft of all time,even knocking the Whites shaft off the top position that has held for many years.

Currently use my GM shaft for my Deus,albeit only as a 'lite' version as yet not fathomed out how to mount the control box mount onto the GM handgrip,but when i do then the Deus shaft will be made redundant or just a spare.

The Nexus MP shaft is also one of the nicest ones,its the only detector that i have ever been able to swing with both my left and right arms.
:(

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:13 pm

Mega B wrote:Will be following this conversion with interest,must admit the GM carbon Fibre telescopic shaft ......
The GM shaft is not made out of Carbon Fiber, but thin (thiner than the Nexus shaft tubes) glass fiber tubes. Only the finish looks like Carbon Fiber. It is actually a photographic monopod made in China with added attachments for a metal detector.

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:22 pm

Nexus wrote:
Mega B wrote:Will be following this conversion with interest,must admit the GM carbon Fibre telescopic shaft ......
The GM shaft is not made out of Carbon Fiber, but thin (thiner than the Nexus shaft tubes) glass fiber tubes. Only the finish looks like Carbon Fiber. It is actually a photographic monopod made in China with added attachments for a metal detector.
I stand to be corrected on that one then,thanks for highlighting that fact,the GM shaft is still a very nice shaft irrespective of what its made from and we will leave it like that.

Regarding the latest Nexus MP shaft infact the whole detector is in my opinion one of the nicest detectors that i have ever used,i still have my mint condition SE machine as well and once again that is also a nice detector to use as well.

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:33 pm

Mega B wrote:
I stand to be corrected on that one then,thanks for highlighting that fact,the GM shaft is still a very nice shaft irrespective of what its made from and we will leave it like that.
The GM shaft is nice and comfortable to use indeed. I have send today a customer from the UK to the GM web site to buy one of them as we do not sell stems and he was looking for a straight one.
I actually intended to use the same monopod construction for our detectors, but it is not stable enough for handling huge heavy search coils like the SE Ultima. On the 1 meter concentric coil is flexing too much and becomes uncomfortable.
It handles lighter coils very well.
Last edited by Nexus on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:39 pm

@ Nexus,it was a shame that my SE model has the 'fixed' length shaft,as it would have been so much better if it had the adjustable shaft locks as on the later model machines,that is the only bad point with my SE.The shaft just has the one fixed length,but not alot i can do about that.

Anyway i dont want to be seen as hijacking this thread,i wont post on it anymore.

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:53 pm

Mega B wrote:@ Nexus,it was a shame that my SE model has the 'fixed' length shaft,as it would have been so much better if it had the adjustable shaft locks as on the later model machines,that is the only bad point with my SE.The shaft just has the one fixed length,but not alot i can do about that.

Anyway i dont want to be seen as hijacking this thread,i wont post on it anymore.
I would gladly replace your shaft on the SE, but it is quite impossible as the SE construction does not offer much chance for a 3 pole stem. The cables running from the control box upwards are a limiting factor in this. This is why the SE was upgraded in the past with only two pole shaft with a locking collar, but we do not have any of those left.

And do not worry. As a faithful Nexus detector user you can hijack any Nexus thread... :))

Return to “NEXUS Forum”