High frequency search coils for Nexus Standard MP

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
raverill

Re: High frequency search coils for Nexus Standard MP

Post by raverill » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:54 pm

I have received the 11.5" Silver Scout Concentric coil ( thanks Georgi !) and I must say that in air tests I have conducted with small coins close to and against Iron targets show remarkable response times and positive detection... This is just what this detector needed!!
With the DD coil I found response time to be slow, so much so that finds could be missed close to iron in an iron infested site ( or even just close to iron in a low iron site)..This coil makes it the biz..!

Very impressed Georgi... the full proof of the pudding will be out in the field and I'm hoping to get out there sometime soon.. I'll report back with my findings ::g

Rich

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:28 pm

raverill wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:54 pm
Very impressed Georgi... the full proof of the pudding will be out in the field .....

Rich
Thank you Richard.
Now I'll wait to see some yummy pudding pictures .... :))

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:05 pm

Just bought a 11.5'' 24khz Concentric coil for my MP should be here by the weekend,alot of my sites are trashy roman sites,so the Concentric coil should be better suited too these conditions.

If the weather is fine will be giving it a spin on saturday and sunday,will update my finding ::g

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:52 am

The 24khz 11.5'' Concentric coil for the Nexus MP arrived 15 minutes ago,i am just blown away by how light this coil is for the size,its really amazing,so will be putting it on the detector and may go out for a spin later on.

Build quality is very high,but of course a coil being light and well built does not mean it will perform any better,that verdict will come over the next few days,but must admit i do have high hopes for the MP and this coil combination.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:14 pm

Mega B wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:52 am
The 24khz 11.5'' Concentric coil for the Nexus MP arrived 15 minutes ago,i am just blown away by how light this coil is for the size,its really amazing,so will be putting it on the detector and may go out for a spin later on.

Build quality is very high,but of course a coil being light and well built does not mean it will perform any better,that verdict will come over the next few days,but must admit i do have high hopes for the MP and this coil combination.
Hi Mega B, just wondered how you got on with the new Concentric coil?

I have be off the scene for a while and looking forward to trying said coil in the next week or two, weather permitting.
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:16 pm

Filternozzle wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:14 pm
Mega B wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:52 am

Hi Mega B, just wondered how you got on with the new Concentric coil?

I have be off the scene for a while and looking forward to trying said coil in the next week or two, weather permitting.
Richard,excuse the pun but have just updated you about this coil and kept you in the loop =)) as mentioned its 'ok' but i have given you my thoughts on the new coil and also the other coils as well,must admit the MP is a interesting machine and can fully understand why the 'churn' rate of these detectors is what it is.Wont expand on that statement anymore but you have full knowledge on what i am saying ;)

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:09 am

Been using the 11.5'' Concentric coil almost exclusively on the Nexus MP these days,running at 24khz i find it suits me this setup on my sites,very very good when alot of trash is around.

Recovery speed with this coil is amazingly fast,another main reason i use it is the weight of the coil as i have problems with arthritis in my 'swinging wrist' i need a setup that is lightweight and i can for the most part swing this all day if need be,cannot do that for long periods with the big coils.

But this 11.5'' Concentric coil will be staying on the machine as its every day use one,the iron rejection is a very good and as most of my sites have alot of trash rather than the need for depth,then its a deadly combination.

Of course this is only how i use this machine/coil combination,other's will of course use it as there sites dictate.But the recovery speed with this Concentric coil is certainly on par with that 4 letter french machine which i also have and use.

Return to “NEXUS Forum”