Nexus MP target separation video test.

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
Post Reply
Nexus
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:58 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Nexus MP target separation video test.

Post by Nexus » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:50 pm

The link in this post is to a video that demonstrates the target separation capability of Nexus Standard MP with the coming soon new 9" concentric search coil tuned at 24kHz.

There will be more videos about this new coil that will show its versatile usability in just about any situation or condition, ranging from heavily mineralized soil, salt water beach hunting for small jewelry, severe iron contamination and more.

This could be the fastest search coil for IB detectors made to date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK-xYox ... e=youtu.be

Mega B
Posts: 3130
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:59 pm
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Nexus MP target separation video test.

Post by Mega B » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:51 pm

Georgi,any idea when the new Concentric coil will be available and also any indication of a price ??

Nexus
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:58 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Nexus MP target separation video test.

Post by Nexus » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:50 pm

Mega B wrote:Georgi,any idea when the new Concentric coil will be available and also any indication of a price ??

I expect the 9" concentric coil to be available within a month or so. The retail price is to be decided.
There will be a 11.5" concentric coil coming to also working at 24 kHz.

Mega B
Posts: 3130
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:59 pm
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Nexus MP target separation video test.

Post by Mega B » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:24 pm

@Nexus,Georgi,would the only advantage of the 11.5'' Concentric be some additional depth ?? could be a great combination on some of my sites.

Nexus
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:58 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Nexus MP target separation video test.

Post by Nexus » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:49 pm

Mega B wrote:....would the only advantage of the 11.5'' Concentric be some additional depth ??
There will be some more depth compared to the 9" coil (not as much as 10"DD@18kHz) and some other advantages that I will demonstrate in a few weeks.

Mega B
Posts: 3130
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:59 pm
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Nexus MP target separation video test.

Post by Mega B » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:01 pm

Nexus wrote:
Mega B wrote:....would the only advantage of the 11.5'' Concentric be some additional depth ??
There will be some more depth compared to the 9" coil (not as much as 10"DD@18kHz) and some other advantages that I will demonstrate in a few weeks.
Many thanks Georgi ::g

Filternozzle
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:08 pm
Location: UK
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Nexus MP target separation video test.

Post by Filternozzle » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:23 am

Nexus wrote:The link in this post is to a video that demonstrates the target separation capability of Nexus Standard MP with the coming soon new 9" concentric search coil tuned at 24kHz.

There will be more videos about this new coil that will show its versatile usability in just about any situation or condition, ranging from heavily mineralized soil, salt water beach hunting for small jewelry, severe iron contamination and more.

This could be the fastest search coil for IB detectors made to date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK-xYox ... e=youtu.be

A coil that can find a good target on top of, below and next to iron has to be a winner and for me it is a must have accessory.
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

Filternozzle
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:08 pm
Location: UK
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Nexus MP target separation video test.

Post by Filternozzle » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:24 am

Nexus wrote:The link in this post is to a video that demonstrates the target separation capability of Nexus Standard MP with the coming soon new 9" concentric search coil tuned at 24kHz.

There will be more videos about this new coil that will show its versatile usability in just about any situation or condition, ranging from heavily mineralized soil, salt water beach hunting for small jewelry, severe iron contamination and more.

This could be the fastest search coil for IB detectors made to date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK-xYox ... e=youtu.be

A coil that can find a good target on top of, below and next to iron has to be a winner and for me it is a must have accessory.
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

raverill
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:37 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Nexus MP target separation video test.

Post by raverill » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:49 pm

Georgi

Could you confirm that the positive audio detection of the coins amongst the iron with the concentric coil is also reflected as a positive RED indication on the DDM..( ie not masked by a Blue indication from the iron on the meter)

This coil does look very interesting..

Thanks also to Filternozzle for drawing my attention to the video ::g

Rich.

Nexus
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:58 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Nexus MP target separation video test.

Post by Nexus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:36 am

raverill wrote:Georgi

Could you confirm that the positive audio detection of the coins amongst the iron with the concentric coil is also reflected as a positive RED indication on the DDM..( ie not masked by a Blue indication from the iron on the meter)

This coil does look very interesting..

Thanks also to Filternozzle for drawing my attention to the video ::g

Rich.
When any Nexus, not just MP is used in Iron Rejection mode LED meter is to be ignored completely, because the LED reactions are far slower than the Iron Rejection reactions. If the Iron rejection lets a positive signal trough you dig it.

I actually though it would be better to have the LED meter disabled in Iron Rejection mode. In this way no one will get confused.

I would appreciate any opinions on this subject.

raverill
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:37 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Nexus MP target separation video test.

Post by raverill » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:03 am

Thanks for the clarification Georgi...

I wasn't aware of using my MP by sound only in Iron Reject mode...!
Think it probably would be better to have the DDM disabled when in this mode..?

Curious now how many other users were aware and their thoughts

Rich.

Mega B
Posts: 3130
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:59 pm
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Nexus MP target separation video test.

Post by Mega B » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:36 pm

Nexus have as far as i can tell have not really produced a video/s on how to basically set the detectors up,yes they produce a operators manual for each model,but basically all the company produced videos have just shown what the detector can achieve depth wise and what they can be used for,some non factory videos are available on YouTube that do show some basic operational settings.

This is of course just my personal opinion,i do own 2 Nexus machines a SE and a MP and a selection of coils for the MP,i have finally mastered them both but only mainly asking other operators as the handbook is very basic.

Please note i am not knocking the product or the company or infact anyone,just from observations that it would be nice for either potential new buyers or folks who have just taken delivery of a new machine could have some slightly better support on how too set them up.

Nexus
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:58 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Nexus MP target separation video test.

Post by Nexus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:09 pm

Mega B wrote:Nexus have as far as i can tell have not really produced a video/s on how to basically set the detectors up,yes they produce a operators manual for each model,but basically all the company produced videos have just shown what the detector can achieve depth wise and what they can be used for,some non factory videos are available on YouTube that do show some basic operational settings.

This is of course just my personal opinion,i do own 2 Nexus machines a SE and a MP and a selection of coils for the MP,i have finally mastered them both but only mainly asking other operators as the handbook is very basic.

Please note i am not knocking the product or the company or infact anyone,just from observations that it would be nice for either potential new buyers or folks who have just taken delivery of a new machine could have some slightly better support on how too set them up.
The User Manual is this basic, because the Nexus detectors are just as basic to set up. I have offered to all my customers a direct phone help line at company cost and at any time in the day. I am, not aware of any other brand offering this level of support.

raverill
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:37 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Nexus MP target separation video test.

Post by raverill » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:04 am

Georgi

VERY VERY interested in the 11.5in Concentric coil you mentioned, well both the Concentrics really.
Please release full details on the 11.5in as soon as you can. ( I know you've promised to ::g )

It appears that this will satisfy the only reservation I have about my existing MP setup ( poor separation / recovery in trashy areas or where iron present next to find. )
When all the info regarding differences between the 9 and 11.5in Concentrics is available I can then make a decision between the two.

Looks like i'll have to start saving some pennies! ::g and using a different technique in searching in Iron Reject( ignore that DDM !).
I have a trashy area in one of my fields at my permission that will really benefit from one of these coils.

Rich.

Nexus
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:58 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Nexus MP target separation video test.

Post by Nexus » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:56 pm

raverill wrote:Georgi

VERY VERY interested in the 11.5in Concentric coil you mentioned, well both the Concentrics really.
Please release full details on the 11.5in as soon as you can. ( I know you've promised to ::g )

It appears that this will satisfy the only reservation I have about my existing MP setup ( poor separation / recovery in trashy areas or where iron present next to find. )
When all the info regarding differences between the 9 and 11.5in Concentrics is available I can then make a decision between the two.

Looks like i'll have to start saving some pennies! ::g and using a different technique in searching in Iron Reject( ignore that DDM !).
I have a trashy area in one of my fields at my permission that will really benefit from one of these coils.

Rich.
Just a little longer and those are going to be out. I'll prepare some surprise for the lovers of Monte Berry's nail board test.

Post Reply

Return to “NEXUS Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests