Headphones

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
Mutt

Headphones

Post by Mutt » Thu May 04, 2017 11:03 am

Just got myself a Standard MP, interested to know which headphones you guys are using? Have GOGs but don't like the sound very much.
Cheers
Nokta Impact - Nexus standard MP - Golden Mask 1+ UK

mrix
Founder

Re: Headphones

Post by mrix » Thu May 04, 2017 11:16 am

Hello Mutt, have no idea regarding your question but welcome to the MDF OooO
I susspect someone will be along soon to answer your question ::g
mrix

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:43 am

The question may well arise, are you considering Corded, Wireless, Back-phones, On-Ear or Over-ear. The best value phones so far as clarity of sound, comfort, cost (and featuring the all important volume control) has to be XP Back-Phones at about £12-00! ::g They're worth having even if considered as a spare set in case of emergency - great performance! Good Luck. [:) Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Mutt

Post by Mutt » Thu May 04, 2017 12:26 pm

Corded as I use a Garrett Z Link, I have the XP Backphones and even though the sound is good, they hurt my ears after and hour or so, and yes I am wearing them correctly. I suffer from Tinnitus and prefer over ear type phones with a decent volume as external sound when detecting in my case interferes with the normal hearing. Jolly Rogers are too quiet, Grey Ghost are the same and the sound is quite tinny. Chefphones are just bad headphones so I am a bit limited really.

toni

Post by toni » Thu May 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Nexus I use with max. voice.
I set the earpiece to a pleasant voice.
So I better recognize the deep / shallow target.
I use Deteknix Wire-Free W6.
Satisfaction.

sanjuro

Post by sanjuro » Thu May 04, 2017 8:25 pm

These are the loudest headphones i have ever used and i have tried many many sets

http://www.detecnicks.co.uk/Clear_Signa ... erein.html

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Fri May 05, 2017 8:07 am

I use Chefphones CP3TT - originally purchased for use with the Nautilus and they work very well on the Nexus. I lost them in a field where they lay for three weeks before I found them, apart from looking muddy they were still in excellent order. I am very happy to use and recommend them.
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

Mutt

Post by Mutt » Fri May 05, 2017 8:48 am

Filternozzle wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 8:07 am
I use Chefphones CP3TT - originally purchased for use with the Nautilus and they work very well on the Nexus. I lost them in a field where they lay for three weeks before I found them, apart from looking muddy they were still in excellent order. I am very happy to use and recommend them.
Mine Chefphones fell apart in about a month (Headband snapped) nightmare trying to get hold of them at the time and couldn't, found out on a website that apparently the guy was ill, unfortunate, but never bothered again and wouldn't recommend them and I am not alone on that.
I use the Whites Pro Stars which are the best I have used so far and which are superb quality with individual volumes on each ear which is good with my hearing as some days are worse than others, but they lack a little bit on the volume.
I will certainly look into the Clear Signals, I get quite a bit of stuff from Luke so will get in touch with him. Thanks for the input guys ::g

the-roman

Post by the-roman » Fri May 05, 2017 9:08 am

Might be worth just keeping the headphones you have now and just swapping the speakers over with the XP backphones. easy enough to do mate ::g
Only the best, XP Goldmaxx power .... F.I.D member ::g
And a proud member of the best club in Somerset, Wessex Searchers MDC ::g
www.wessexsearchers.club

Longshanks777

Post by Longshanks777 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:16 pm

Deteknix W6 wireless phones for me.. 👍

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:13 pm

Mutt wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 12:26 pm
Corded as I use a Garrett Z Link, I have the XP Backphones and even though the sound is good, they hurt my ears after and hour or so, and yes I am wearing them correctly. I suffer from Tinnitus and prefer over ear type phones with a decent volume as external sound when detecting in my case interferes with the normal hearing. Jolly Rogers are too quiet, Grey Ghost are the same and the sound is quite tinny. Chefphones are just bad headphones so I am a bit limited really.
I'd be interested to know, what it is about Chefphones that attract your comment of 'bad'? I bought a set of 'over-ear' CP2s (£65) which I found absolutely superb! In fact they were so good, I bought a second set for my son as he was so impressed by mine! Incidentally, I too suffer from Tinnitus and I still can't complain about the clarity of Chefphone's audio output. :-/ Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Mutt

Post by Mutt » Fri May 05, 2017 10:50 pm

the-roman wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 9:08 am
Might be worth just keeping the headphones you have now and just swapping the speakers over with the XP backphones. easy enough to do mate ::g
Yes made a pair for my Wifes WS4 Backphones out of some ear muffs with the adapter plate on the outside. Easy to do, may well be the best option as I have a couple of sets of ear muffs and leads sat around, cheers.

Mutt

Post by Mutt » Fri May 05, 2017 11:02 pm

sweepstick47 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 9:13 pm
Mutt wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 12:26 pm
I'd be interested to know, what it is about Chefphones that attract your comment of 'bad'? I bought a set of 'over-ear' CP2s (£65) which I found absolutely superb! In fact they were so good, I bought a second set for my son as he was so impressed by mine! Incidentally, I too suffer from Tinnitus and I still can't complain about the clarity of Chefphone's audio output. :-/ Regards ss47
Anything that falls apart (Headband Broke) in a months worth of light use and you cant contact anyone to sort it out, is BAD in my book, whats is good about it?? As for tinnitus, there are many types that cover many different frequencies, so what is good for one may not be for another.

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:42 pm

Thanks for replying 'Mutt'. I think that answers the question nicely. Cheers ss47

toni

Post by toni » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:11 am

I use the handset for Nexus MP Deteknix Wire-Free W6 Lite
I am partly satisfied. interrupts. Maybe poorly set.
Has anyone experience with Garrett Z-Lynk Wireless System
or Minelab Pro Sonic ? With Nexus MP.
Thanks.
toni wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 12:52 pm
Nexus I use with max. voice.
I set the earpiece to a pleasant voice.
So I better recognize the deep / shallow target.
I use Deteknix Wire-Free W6.
Satisfaction.

fred

Post by fred » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:52 am

Filternozzle wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 8:07 am
I love my Chef phones too but the tones (in mine anyway) are fairly similar to the Gog ones. ::g

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am

I have used a set of Deteknix on both my SE and MP and not a total fan,although they do work ok they lack something,have used Predator headphones with some very good success,but my favourites are a set that i bought years ago from Fleabay,infact i bought 2 sets one as a backup but the guy who made them is no longer around but they have shallow earcups that dont loose the tones that i find larger deeper cups can do.

But always carry with me a pair of the wired XP lightweight headphones,terrific sound quality from a very cheap set of headphones,i still reckon its best and try a set of headphones prior to buying them as they are not cheap items and on some machines they sound brilliant but then the same set on your everyday machines sound could sound terrible.

My preference when using the Nexus MP is using a full cup headphones setup,this then cuts out almost all back ground noise but allows me to hear those whisper audio tones from very deep targets that you can and will miss if using a cheaper set,and its the deep targets that i am after.

Return to “NEXUS Forum”