Why I use the Nexus MP

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
Filternozzle

Why I use the Nexus MP

Post by Filternozzle » Mon May 22, 2017 12:02 am

Why I use the updated Nexus MP
Because discrimination between ferrous /non-ferrous AT DEPTH is my number one requirement and the Nexus MP is able to provide this better than any other detector I have used.

My second requirement is for the use of manual controls for Volume, Sensitivity, Ground Balance, Discrimination and Threshold as this gives me absolute control over the detector. The Nexus MP gives all this and more with the addition of extra controls to handle high mineralisation. This enables one to obtain the best possible performance from the detector.

My final requirement is for the detector manufacturer to produce additional coil sizes/frequencies and Nexus offer a wide range of coils giving me a choice of further flexibility.

The choice of coil combined with the manual controls and refined circuitry of the Nexus MP make this a very special machine. Its not cheap, but it is hand built by Georgi the owner of Nexus who is passionate about his detectors.
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

Nexus

Re: Why I use the Nexus MP

Post by Nexus » Mon May 22, 2017 10:22 pm

Filternozzle wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 12:02 am

My final requirement is for the detector manufacturer to produce additional coil sizes/frequencies and Nexus offer a wide range of coils giving me a choice of further flexibility.
Your requirement is about to get answered.
The current range of accessory search coils for MP includes 13"DD@6kHz, 13"DD@14kHz, 10"DD@7kHz, 10"DD@18kHz, 7"DD@8kHz, 7"DD@18kHz, 9"Concentric @ 24kHz and 11.5" concentric @ 24kHz all available now.
Following sizes are 20"DD @ 5.7kHz, 30" concentric @ 5.7kHz and 41" concentric @ 5.7kHz.

I hope this range of search coils to be sufficient for some time.

toni

Post by toni » Tue May 23, 2017 8:23 am

Hi Filternozzle
How many detectors do you know confidentially? Between how many detectors excels the mp?
I believe in a Bulgarian detector like Nexus. Bulgaria is the world's top. It has a tradition. Because the Warsaw Treaty had a military research institute for detector development in Bulgaria.
Filternozzle wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 12:02 am
Why I use the updated Nexus MP
Because discrimination between ferrous /non-ferrous AT DEPTH is my number one requirement and the Nexus MP is able to provide this better than any other detector I have used.

My second requirement is for the use of manual controls for Volume, Sensitivity, Ground Balance, Discrimination and Threshold as this gives me absolute control over the detector. The Nexus MP gives all this and more with the addition of extra controls to handle high mineralisation. This enables one to obtain the best possible performance from the detector.

The choice of coil combined with the manual controls and refined circuitry of the Nexus MP make this a very special machine. Its not cheap, but it is hand built by Georgi the owner of Nexus who is passionate about his detectors.

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Tue May 23, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi Toni,

I have owned many detectors over the years including a number of the leading manufacturers top of range models on the market today. For me the Nexus MP is in a class of its own. The only other detector to come close to it for depth is the Minelab GPX-5000 (which I also have ) and the Nexus MP has much better discrimination.

It's good to see we agree with each other - ::g
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

Return to “NEXUS Forum”