nexus mkii silent mode

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
nexus john

nexus mkii silent mode

Post by nexus john » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:03 pm

Just bought a nexus mkii with 9 inch coil it won't b here till I get home from holidays but was wondering what the silent motion is as it says gets rid of metal interference and do people use this mode or stick with standard mode and which one they think is best.And if possible what's the best basic set up to start with or stick to auto for a few weeks would be great to here from some users cheers

Nexus

Re: nexus mkii silent mode

Post by Nexus » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:42 pm

nexus john wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:03 pm
Just bought a nexus mkii with 9 inch coil it won't b here till I get home from holidays but was wondering what the silent motion is as it says gets rid of metal interference and do people use this mode or stick with standard mode and which one they think is best.And if possible what's the best basic set up to start with or stick to auto for a few weeks would be great to here from some users cheers
The Silent Motion Mode is a filter system meant to literally silence the detector on everything, but the biggest of non-ferrous target signals one can hope to find. This filter is used only by hunters for legendary buckets of gold stash as they are not interested in any small or medium targets of any kind.
Silent Motion Mode would not be very useful for users that are after the everyday finds as it will require extremely slow work to get the smaller stuff with it.

nexus john

Post by nexus john » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:25 pm

Thanks nexus I take it this same silent mode will work for the likes of a pouch of half dozen hammered coins maybe or for brass buckles etc etc

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:13 am

nexus john wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:25 pm
Thanks nexus I take it this same silent mode will work for the likes of a pouch of half dozen hammered coins maybe or for brass buckles etc etc
The Silent Motion will work for just about anything, but you have to go very very slow with the detector swings in this mode. Also in muddy soil the Silent Motion will be inhibited as the discrimination becomes more difficult in such cases.
The Silent Motion should be quite good for use on the sandy beach since there is no soil problems, but honestly I have never tested it there as it was not developed for that purpose.

toni

Post by toni » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:01 am

Silent motion according to my experience resistant to and electro interference !!!!!!!!!

Return to “NEXUS Forum”