cscope 4pi for beach work - worth it?

All discussion specific to the Cscope CS4PI Metal Detector.
teignsaxon

cscope 4pi for beach work - worth it?

Post by teignsaxon » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:57 pm

Hi everybody At present I am using a Makro racer and a garrett 300i both of which with the right setting work fine in dry and wet sand. I am wondering, as I only do Beach work whether it would be worth getting a cscope 4Pi as well. I have seen all the videos and really all they seem to find using the 4pi even though greater depth is mainly rubbish. I know with the 4pi there is a lot of digging but is it worth it, your thoughts please happy hunting .

Easylife

Re: makro racer cscope 4pi garrett 300i

Post by Easylife » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:37 am

VLF on dry sand, and PI on wet sand. ::g
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
White's TDI SL

Oxgirl36

Re: makro racer cscope 4pi garrett 300i

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi I think this is a specific question for 4pi users so I’m moving this to that forum. Hope you get the answer you seek ::g
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 18 8=ypr

Sewin

Re: cscope 4pi for beach work - worth it?

Post by Sewin » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:02 pm

I had one for about a year until I sold it for more powerful PIs.
If you have a clean beach, i.e. very litle iron and thats from tiny iron nails to car wheel rims then get one. The CS4PI is a great machine, easy to use and does find the good stuff. But, out of the 30 or more local beaches to me, I can only use a PI with any efficiency on 2 of them because you waste so much time and effort digging the crap on the other 28.
So, if you have the right beach, it is the right machine cost wise and productivity wise as a first PI machine.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:02 pm

Off topic reply removed please stay on topic ::g
Thanks
mrix

fred

Post by fred » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:24 pm

Unless your beach is fairly clean and you use a high powered PI you are probably better off considering the other options. Have a shufti through the Beach and Rivers forum and see what other people are having reasonable success with. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

Goldstar

Post by Goldstar » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Being relatively new to detecting on the beach, the CS4PI looked to be a good place to start in terms of ease of use and budget.

The lack of discrimination does mean digging for everything if you wish to. I suspect the CS4PI is positioned at the lower end of beach detectors due to the lack of discrimination but I’m extremely happy with my CS4PI.

I have found £1 coins, pennies, fishing weights, dog tag, tent pegs, iron rod, tin cans ETC.
The depth the CS4Pi goes to is very impressive, not sure if that’s the same for all PI detectors.

Its’ hard to say whether spending more money on a detector would provide a better return on investment (ROI) Reading the beach, research and good old luck being a key factor.

I’m starting to get a better feel of the size of the item based on sweep Patten/length. (Hope that makes sense) For example, I found a penny recently that was about 2” deep, I could tell it was small by the length of the sweep.
Garrett ACE250 - CS4Pi

teignsaxon

Post by teignsaxon » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:40 pm

Goldstar wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:46 pm
Being relatively new to detecting on the beach, the CS4PI looked to be a good place to start in terms of ease of use and budget.

The lack of discrimination does mean digging for everything if you wish to. I suspect the CS4PI is positioned at the lower end of beach detectors due to the lack of discrimination but I’m extremely happy with my CS4PI.

I have found £1 coins, pennies, fishing weights, dog tag, tent pegs, iron rod, tin cans ETC.
The depth the CS4Pi goes to is very impressive, not sure if that’s the same for all PI detectors.

Its’ hard to say whether spending more money on a detector would provide a better return on investment (ROI) Reading the beach, research and good old luck being a key factor.

I’m starting to get a better feel of the size of the item based on sweep Patten/length. (Hope that makes sense) For example, I found a penny recently that was about 2” deep, I could tell it was small by the length of the sweep.
many thanks for all that info good hunting spikey

teignsaxon

Post by teignsaxon » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:40 pm

fred wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:24 pm
Unless your beach is fairly clean and you use a high powered PI you are probably better off considering the other options. Have a shufti through the Beach and Rivers forum and see what other people are having reasonable success with. ::g
thanks for that good hunting spikey

Return to “CScope CS4PI Forum”