C.Scope CS4PI Settings Metal Test Video Part 2

All discussion specific to the Cscope CS4PI Metal Detector.
Resurgam

Re: C.Scope CS4PI Settings Metal Test Video Part 2

Post by Resurgam » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:20 pm

As an owner of a Garrett EuroAce and a C-Scope CS4PI, I have been detecting a beach that was used as a WWII air to ground target range and is littered with an untold amount of ballistic trash, plus years of dis-guarded tourist rubbish.

The EuroAce loved the dry sand and performed well on it, but it hated the wet saline areas of the beach and I would have to reduce the sensitivity to work the wet.

The C-Scope CS3PI worked well on both the dry and the wet sand but as stated earlier, without discrimination it had me digging for the Olympics. I can't fault the CS4PI that I own; it did find me a multitude of small items at considerable depths. I initially lost the signal from a gents gold wedding band at a little over four inches but recovered the signal as I increased the frequency; chasing it down to approximately 18". I think that one of the problems with using the CS4PI is down to the poor instruction leaflet that come with the machine. I believe that C-Scope should produce a far better instruction book and video to go with the machine.

Come on C-Scope; produce some better instruction materials, so that new owners can better understand their CS4PI machine. ::g

Garrett ProPointer + MineLab Safari + Quest Q40, and loads of determination.

andy fraggle

Post by andy fraggle » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:43 am

The way i tend to use the frequency control on the 4Pi is to start at maximum frequency setting and reduce the frequency if the detector is unstable on the beach im detecting on.

Andy

miss a lot

Post by miss a lot » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:47 pm

ok ok here it is ive picked up lots of sliver on the beach with the 4pi at good depth chains and coins
ive seen boys swing there detectors ,like it was there man thing trying to impress the girls
but with the 4pi you have to go slow ,,,,,,, i have found gold at apx 6in -7in in wet sand no prob
it was a funny sound i never heard before but was loud here is the pic ... a old hand told me ...
if you dont walk over it you wont find it ,,,,
http://i61.tinypic.com/29begco.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

russ 1

Post by russ 1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:24 pm

I find that the main thing with the cs4pi for gold is to use a very slow sweep speed, I used to sweep a bit faster, yes it works on iron and other strong targets but for gold rings a very slow sweep seems besr as the pick up on the cs4pi doesnt miss the signal..... good machine ::g

russ 1

Post by russ 1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:26 pm

I find that the main thing with the cs4pi for gold is to use a very slow sweep speed, I used to sweep a bit faster, yes it works on iron and other strong targets but for gold rings a very slow sweep seems besr as the pick up on the cs4pi doesnt miss the signal..... good machine ::g

Return to “CScope CS4PI Forum”