C.Scope CS4PI Settings Metal Test Video Part 2

All discussion specific to the Cscope CS4PI Metal Detector.
tantalic

Re: C.Scope CS4PI Settings Metal Test Video Part 2

Post by tantalic » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:49 pm

Ok thanks Andy will call Martin tomorrow

Using a Teknetics G2
Teknetics T2 SE LTD (DST)
C.Scope CS4PI
Stainless steel sand scoop
Garret pro pointer
Ultimate Digging knife
Stainless Steel V Blade Spade
NCMD Member

Watsy

Post by Watsy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:30 pm

chesters4 wrote:Just had time to do an airtest on mine ,totally oblivious to thin gold chain 9 14 or 18 ct and not that good on rings either totally oblivious to 9 14 or 18ct rings unless the frequency is max green, decent signal you will notice at 4" which seems pathetic but i will do an airtest on the same ring with my other machines ,if its not as good as them i need to know why please
Not impressed ,hopefully on the beach tomorrow it suddenly springs to life
Chester, I done a quick set up there and with my wedding ring, the settings were: left hand dial at 11 o'clock and the right hand dial 3 o'clock and I can pick my gold wedding ring starting about 10", 11" at at absolute push. I took a video on my phone which if I can figure out how to get it up I'll post it.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:52 pm

Ill have to call and get mine in then I can do a retest video and compare.
Minelab CTX 3030 6" Coil.
Garrett Pro Pointer.
Makro Pro Pointer.
Stainless Steel Digging Tool.
Stainless Steel Sand Scoop.
Minelab Deluxe BackPack.

https://m.youtube.com/user/searchforlosthistory

Watsy

Post by Watsy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:18 pm

Here's a link to the video, the quality isn't the best and the camera goes in and out of focus a bit along with a fountain and motorway for a bit of additional background noise. You'll get the idea anyhow and the markings are at 1" spaces along a stick which protrudes from the centre of the coil. The batteries used aren't anywhere close to new, in fact I'm waiting for them to die anytime soon as I've had them in for quite a while now.
Hope it helps some folks that were wondering about depth etc.. I love this machine by the way, I find it picks up everything and anything which is maybe a negative depending on how much you hate digging.

Video link: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: The 3 black marks are at 4", 8" and 12" just to make it a little clearer.

bobhope

Post by bobhope » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:24 pm

Hi,

i have the same issue with my new CS4PI, only been out with it on 6 hunts on the first 3 found nothing but the usual bottle tops and junk on a very clean trash free beach, put it down to just bad luck, but on the next 3 hunts i had my garrett euroace with me so decided to retrace my movements over a small part of the dry sand and bingo the coins started to pop up along with the fashon jewley, so i have now lost a little bit of faith in the CS4PI. i will now have to contact C Scope as i think mine has a problem too.

Bob.
Beach Relic Hunter, located in the Northeast of England.
Minelab CTX3030, Whites dual field PI, Garrett Pro-pointer, JR sand scoop and lots of digging tools.

tantalic

Post by tantalic » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:56 pm

Anubis wrote:Ill have to call and get mine in then I can do a retest video and compare.
Hi Simon my cs4pi has been sorted according to Martin at C.Scope & is now picking up gold rings ok
at good depth ::g should have it tomorrow as its on an overnight courrier to me :D
Using a Teknetics G2
C.Scope CS4PI
Garret pro pointer
Ultimate Digging knife
NCMD Member

chesters4

Post by chesters4 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:47 am

Anubis wrote:Hi Guys

I got messaged that I missed some things or maybe did not try other options in the last video, so I have done another video to address all the things I missed or did not try, hope its helpful.

[youtube]Xs0S6D6w9kg[/youtube]
Well i took it to the beach and i am half happy ,its perfectly stable near or in the water ,it has an uncanny power to find hair grips and tent pegs and coins sing out nice and loud.
Trouble is the thing you go onto wet sand for ......the gold ,its not that good on gold.
In air a f75 ,f5 ,whites silver eagle (which has a yet untested beach mode) cscope 3300 (which is fine on wet so long as you dont use it in water)and a coinmaster all get gold deeper than the cs4pi.
I'm.not giving up just yet ,next trip will be a dry sand outing with my f75 and i will try it out on the wet ,as for dry sand the 4pi is a disadvantage its useless (because it cannot discriminate )its only attribute is it can go on wet sand and get wet.
If the eagle works in water and finds gold deeper then for this machine the 4pi has no advantage at all and the same for the rest
I wonder if i made a mistake flogging the 705 it was perfectly fine in water but i hated its silly responses to targets on dry land where its thrashed by my f75 so an expensive machine just to keep for the beach !
We shall see......

chesters4

Post by chesters4 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:52 am

tantalic wrote:
Anubis wrote:Ill have to call and get mine in then I can do a retest video and compare.
Hi Simon my cs4pi has been sorted according to Martin at C.Scope & is now picking up gold rings ok
at good depth ::g should have it tomorrow as its on an overnight courrier to me :D
Can you do some in air tests on gold please and post them so we can all compare our toys ,now yours is fixed i wonder if others need fixing or the responses to gold are the best were going to get and decisions can be made whether to bother with them if you dont go wading

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:40 am

A pulse machine wont give you the best results depth wise in airtests it works much better and a better indication in a soil test bed enviroment,it makes no odds what make or brand it is that is just how a Pulse works,they can also be used inland on ground that is so highly mineralized that a normal VLF machine just wont touch.We have a farm that has produced alot of roman items over the years but the ground is that bad its just like a beach but 70 miles inland but a Pulse machine will do the job.

Gold chain has to be one of the hardest items to detect it makes no odds if its a Pulse or a VLF as it does not see the whole chain but each individual links and the smaller the links the harder it is for a detector to lock onto,if a chain has a bigger gold clasp on it or a charm on it then that will lock onto that like a lasor beam.

As most people are aware that they dont give you real discrimination like what a VLF machine does but certain brands you can get some basic idea by either using a tone form of discrimination that you have to learn or some high end machines use technology within the detector but only by using a Double D coil,this method will not work with a Mono coil that most detectors use.

Even just altering the delay with a Pulse you can knock out things like foil,i do own a Pulse but alas not a C-Scope but just by placing a few items on the floor say like foil and small pins that type of junk you can just knock out those items to reduce your digging of scrap,but if you also run the coil over say gold and iron the tone is totally different and this is when a decent set of headphones comes into play to hear those very slight changes in the sound.

Pulse machine are not for everyone but if you spend the time with them and learn what they are telling you then you get the full potential out of them and reduce your trash count but also increase your good finds as well.

For the price the C-Scope CS4PI is mind blowing good value for the money.

tantalic

Post by tantalic » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi everyone got my machine back this morning gave it an air test & it picks up rings like username Watsy video ::g

So if you feel your Cs4pi is not picking up gold rings like this then get on the phone to C.Scope

Also thank you to C.Scope for the great after sales service ::g
Using a Teknetics G2
C.Scope CS4PI
Garret pro pointer
Ultimate Digging knife
NCMD Member

bobhope

Post by bobhope » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:23 pm

well my CS4PI has just been returned to me and it is a lot more stable and detecting anything i put close to it, so can not wait to hit the beach soon to realy test it out, thank you C Scope for your fantastic customer service.

Bob.
Beach Relic Hunter, located in the Northeast of England.
Minelab CTX3030, Whites dual field PI, Garrett Pro-pointer, JR sand scoop and lots of digging tools.

andy fraggle

Post by andy fraggle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:32 pm

We are always happy to help. ::g

lord lovell

Post by lord lovell » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:35 pm

glad you got it sorted i allways use a eric foster detector ::g

chesters4

Post by chesters4 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:00 am

bobhope wrote:well my CS4PI has just been returned to me and it is a lot more stable and detecting anything i put close to it, so can not wait to hit the beach soon to realy test it out, thank you C Scope for your fantastic customer service.

Bob.
Cant wait to see the video of it finding thin chain and rings at 18" ::g

Iber

Post by Iber » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Hello there .

I have been using the CS4PI for the last couple of years so will add a little info .

Testing on a gold ring (slightly smaller than in the video) gives a clear 8" . A simple calibration video from C-Scope would be useful - not max air depths but minimums of what to expect from a machine so that people are able to check if their machine is performing properly .

Most of what I find is under 8" depth , except for larger items (tin cans etc.) . Ring pulls , loose foil do not sound off unless shallow , though scrumpled foil will to some depth . I work on the highest frequencies which will pick up the smaller detail , for some reason I found better depth a couple of tones off max freq. for larger gold .

Having a decent VLF to compare with I have to recommend the CS4PI for beach use - you will pick up iron without discriminate, but the tone in most cases , if you have an ear for it , is obvious enough - else just dig everything . With a VLF you will be digging bottle tops and thin foil instead of iron , so there is little difference really .

It is easy to pinpoint with practice , I use the edge of the coil , as it retunes you can place the edge very close to the target to pinpoint it .

The recommendation of using PI machines inland mentioned previously - yes and no .
The CS4PI has no ground balance , if you have heavily iron mineralized soil (in my case the countryside is made of red clay) than it is totally unusable inland - it will depend on local conditions . So I would recommend trying a machine somewhere first before buying if it is to be used inland in a certain area . To work a PI inland properly you would in many cases need one with ground balance.

For the beach , in my experience , the CS4PI is great . Sturdy , no problem with salt water , no problem with changing mineralization and mixed substrate (not sure how it would work on certain estuary clays though) . Will pick up the occasional hot rock and fired brick but otherwise gives a clean performance .

Dazscrivo

Post by Dazscrivo » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:12 pm

I've used my cs4pi about 3 full 8 hour days on the beach at low tide cuts black sand low sand areas the lot I've found tons of metal around 10 inches down.

I've been coming home every time thinking I'm the worst or the unluckiest detectorist in the world. Small items of junk metal make more of a sharp beep and big longer and louder so was happy when bottle tops came up with small beep thought it wouldn't be long before small beep revealed coin or ring. But nothing good ever came so did tests today.

Results 9ct gold female ring at 3 inch in sand no beep fail, 20p at 4 inch no beep fail, 5p at 5 inch no beep fail, coke can at 6 inch big beep pass, lump of scrap metal at 10 inch big beep pass. On that basis the cs4pi is about as much use at a plastic frying pan!! Also explains why I come home with bag full of junk I'm sure the local council love me cleaning the beaches up.
"DEOS FORTIORIBUS ADESSE"

Meaning "The gods are on the side of the stronger"!

Garrett EuroAce
Cscope Cs4pi

andy fraggle

Post by andy fraggle » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:26 pm

If you give our customer service department a call (01233 629181 and ask for martin) we can arrange to get your detector serviced

Dazscrivo

Post by Dazscrivo » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:39 pm

andy fraggle wrote:If you give our customer service department a call (01233 629181 and ask for martin) we can arrange to get your detector serviced
Thanks that's good to know cscope are a stand up company and will help me out then.

Is this a common issue with them? I presume the cs4pi is way better than mine usually then obviously I don't know as only had this one but i feel a little concerned about its range now, spoke to a couple of x owners who say its terrible with gold anyway and spoke to someone else who's very experienced with it on beaches who says its great so bit confused. How far should it be able to pick up a small female gold ring?

Garrett EuroAce
Cscope Cs4pi

andy fraggle

Post by andy fraggle » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:48 pm

It's hard to give an answer to that as the thickness and the carat of the gold play a big part in how sensitive the 4pi is. Alot of pi machines struggle with very fine gold necklaces due to the detector seeing each link as a separate item. When we get yours back I will personally look at your detector.

Dazscrivo

Post by Dazscrivo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:51 pm

Well I have to say cscope customer service is unbelievably good they fixed my machine same day they got it and sent it back to me same day.

my cs4pi works much better now did some tests today at beach picks up a 2p or 10p at about 11 inches now in sand struggles with female gold ring at depth though picks that up at around 7 inches very faintly but ring is quite a small target.

If I'm honest I didn't feel that it works better on objects in sand as most people say they do but if it does its not that much more depth in sand than it is in the air and i really can't see how some people talk about finding coins at 18 inch, you could pick up a big object at that depth but its not likely to be anything you want if its big.

For the price that cs4pi is its defo good value for money.

Garrett EuroAce
Cscope Cs4pi

John and Dawn

Post by John and Dawn » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:38 pm

If the object has been in the ground awhile. it will leach into the surrounds and in effect show as a larger target and greater depth.
John and Dawn.

CTX 3030 (X2)
Ringfinder sand scoop

andy fraggle

Post by andy fraggle » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:26 pm

Glad your happy with your detector now....its all part of our service

Dazscrivo

Post by Dazscrivo » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:40 pm

John and Dawn wrote:If the object has been in the ground awhile. it will leach into the surrounds and in effect show as a larger target and greater depth.
That's interesting john and dawn.

Andy thanks for your help mate I appreciate it.

Garrett EuroAce
Cscope Cs4pi

sihen

Post by sihen » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi i am a new user to the 4pi got it second hand at brilliant price

i spent all day at the beach i thought that being a pi machine it would be better than my golden mask 3 that just sold

:(

im happy to find the 2 forks 2 spoons the motorola mobile phone and about 50p in 2 and 1p's

what im not happy with is the depth im getting
huge lumps of metal at about 12inches

but no good finds were found any deeper than 4inches i figured maybe i wasnt going over anything good so i decide to test with my wedding band 9ct gold 6mm band so not small

i dug a hole to about 9inces and put my ring into a carrier bag filled in the hole and tried to pick it up sadly nothing i tried maxing the frequency and had the threshold just under audible nothing

i couldnt pick the ring up untill it was at only 4inches deep hmm i thing maybe my detector needs looking at too 8-|

huge lumps of scrap where at good depths but i dont wanna be digging them if it all i can find at good depths

Resurgam

Post by Resurgam » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:25 pm

I did a similar test using a gent's wedding ring and found that the signals fell silent as I placed the ring deeper in the wet sand but the signal came back loud and clear as I maxed out the frequency. The difference being that I didn't place the ring in a plastic bag but did keep the ring on a thin piece of string. Perhaps the plastic bag reduced the conductivity of your target and produced what you were experiencing. Perhaps it would be worth re-running your tests without the said plastic bag? ::g
Garrett ProPointer + MineLab Safari + Quest Q40, and loads of determination.

miss a lot

Post by miss a lot » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:58 pm

have a look at this
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Resurgam

Post by Resurgam » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:30 pm

Hi Miss a lot,

Looks like your video confirms my argument. ::g On the day that I did my testing, I was down to 14" and still getting a signal from the gold ring but the weather closed in and I got rained off.

Low and slow certainly improves results with the CS4PI and I would always be tempted to dig the faint signals. I still hate digging iron scrap though and wish the darned thing had discrimination! On a clean beach, this machine is the bees knees but on my regular beach at Talacre it has me digging for the Olympics. :)

miss a lot

Post by miss a lot » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:34 pm

Can't claim the glory for the video, it was another scope user did it just thought I would post it up to back up the 4pi , I have not found gold yet but got lots of interesting stuff ,but I do know the gold is just a bleep away.

LE.JAG

Post by LE.JAG » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:46 am

Hi
there is a thing, which is rarely indicated
these are the headphones used for research

a helmet shut, cutting off all outside noise
bring a lot to the performance
work with a slight sample sound threshold
the deepest gold rings gives a sound barely audible

Personally I use a Black Widow windy day (or noisy beach)
otherwise a CP3 Chephone which gives more light tone, but all ears are different
The most important is to remove external noise
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PI Fisher--Aquamanta / Pulsepowers Goldscan 5C / Vista Gold / Nexus Coronado

forgive my english ...

Resurgam

Post by Resurgam » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:15 am

Amen brother, I think you are spot on with those comments. I have been using any old headphones but took delivery of a set of CP2 Blacks from ChefPhones and did a quick at home test as soon as I unpacked them.

I was impressed by the reduction of external noise and the improvement of the signal tones on my EuroAce. I'm guessing that I will get the same improvements when I put them on my CS4PI and start swinging again.

Sadly, the Mrs says I can't use them until I collect them from under the Christmas tree on Christmas Day! :-O

Here's to better finds in the New Year. =P~

Return to “CScope CS4PI Forum”