Gold and Silver Ring depth test on wet sand.

All discussion specific to the Cscope CS4PI Metal Detector.
Digemdeep

Gold and Silver Ring depth test on wet sand.

Post by Digemdeep » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:00 pm

This link may be useful for those considering a CS4PI who have not seen the video of the gold and silver ring depth test on wet sand in Australia.
Very impressive IMO, as they give a very good signal at the depths demonstrated, which indicates far greater depths for those who have learned to listen to the "whispers" of very deep targets.
Last edited by Digemdeep on Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Easylife

Re: Gold and Silver Ring depth test on wet sand.

Post by Easylife » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:45 am

Link ?
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
White's TDI SL

Digemdeep

Post by Digemdeep » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:40 am

Sorry ....
Had a blonde moment there. Here is the link.

fred

Post by fred » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:01 am

Thanks for posting. ::g

In ideal circumstances the CS4PI is absolutely superb value for money. I think that at those depths it still has a few inches to go too. I would like to have seen the video show how it handles iron though. In general I regard PI machines as a viable choice for relatively iron free beaches but not much good if it is covered with small flakes of the local pier, beach defences and the like or on land. ::g

In summary interesting but not really surprising. These days I really need my detectors to do something approaching double that performance on beaches and it is convenient for me if they can be used anywhere too. Trouble is that convenience and performance tends to cost serious money :D
Equinox 800 x2

Rivers rat

Post by Rivers rat » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:59 pm

Cool video,more expensive PI are faster and deeper but also more power hungry and some of them have a sort of discrimination/ID...........some detectorist use their PI more in the winter than in the summer as fresh loss aren't at 14 " yet........................ I have been reading a lot on the subject praticing a bit less that I would like but I will report in due time as I invested quiet a large amount of do$h in a beast of PI ,but when i saw the depth of the CTX I am just wondering if I wont need a Caterpillar 330DL.Cscope used to make the CS6PI and other CS7UMD and I am not sure how good are they compared to the CS4

RR
Owner of a Foster PI one of the Enlightened few
Tools of the trade as of 2019: Lobos/Tejon/Silver sabre/GMP/Deus/1266X/F75DST/Xterra 705/ctx 3030/Goldscan g5c/Goldbug pro

fred

Post by fred » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:13 pm

Rivers rat wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:59 pm
Cool video,more expensive PI are faster and deeper but also more power hungry and some of them have a sort of discrimination/ID...........some detectorist use their PI more in the winter than in the summer as fresh loss aren't at 14 " yet........................ I have been reading a lot on the subject praticing a bit less that I would like but I will report in due time as I invested quiet a large amount of do$h in a beast of PI ,but when i saw the depth of the CTX I am just wondering if I wont need a Caterpillar 330DL.Cscope used to make the CS6PI and other CS7UMD and I am not sure how good are they compared to the CS4

RR
You wait until we meet up and I show you how deep a CTX will really go! ::g
Equinox 800 x2

Rivers rat

Post by Rivers rat » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:24 pm

Ok !!!!I will bring my other machine :)

RR
Owner of a Foster PI one of the Enlightened few
Tools of the trade as of 2019: Lobos/Tejon/Silver sabre/GMP/Deus/1266X/F75DST/Xterra 705/ctx 3030/Goldscan g5c/Goldbug pro

Digemdeep

Post by Digemdeep » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:30 pm

Just got my CS4PI back from Cscope. It was chattering for no reason, even far out on the beach.
Turns out the coil had gone faulty. Cscope replaced the coil, gave it a full check and recalibration while they had it, and returned it today.
Fantastic service from Cscope.

Thought I'd check it out with an air test to make sure. Very stable as expected.
Man's 5 gm gold ring came in around 11 to 12 inches with good tone.
Given that a PI gives greater depth in salt water sand I am looking forward to very old finds down at the low tide area.
The 4PI is a much underated detector IMO, for very little money.

Koala

Post by Koala » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:02 pm

You wouldn't want to dig out a target any deeper

Otherwise you would need to use a JCBs backhoe with you.

Any PI will give more than adequate performance on the beaches wet sand.

fred

Post by fred » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:04 pm

Digemdeep wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:30 pm
Just got my CS4PI back from Cscope. It was chattering for no reason, even far out on the beach.
Turns out the coil had gone faulty. Cscope replaced the coil, gave it a full check and recalibration while they had it, and returned it today.
Fantastic service from Cscope.

Thought I'd check it out with an air test to make sure. Very stable as expected.
Man's 5 gm gold ring came in around 11 to 12 inches with good tone.
Given that a PI gives greater depth in salt water sand I am looking forward to very old finds down at the low tide area.
The 4PI is a much underated detector IMO, for very little money.
C Scope are a damn good company. The support that they gave the hobby in the early days probably helped it survive through some serious threats. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

Return to “CScope CS4PI Forum”