Beach detecting

All discussion specific to the Cscope CS4PI Metal Detector.
tony gibson

Beach detecting

Post by tony gibson » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:54 am

Hi folks thinking of bying a CScope sc4pi for the beach wet sand,what are your thoughts .

Filternozzle

Re: Beach detecting

Post by Filternozzle » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:40 am

The cs4pi is very very good machine to work on the wet sand. It doesn't have discrimination but that would not be a problem on beaches that have very little iron like my local beaches. Pound for pound it is terrific value for the money. I found many items of jewellery both gold and silver with the one I used some years ago.
Last edited by Filternozzle on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:05 am

Off topic replies removed, this specific forum is only for the discussion of the brand Cscope, please remember to keep on topic ::g
Thanks
mrix

Digemdeep

Post by Digemdeep » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:33 pm

I have a CS4PI.
Great beach machine for a silly price, plus great Cscope service.
Move away from the trashy areas of dry sand to the wet sand and you should be fine.
A couple of videos you may find useful -

and

Hope these help.

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:53 pm

If you type "cs4pi" into the "Search" option on the left you will find several very good threads on the suitability of the cs4pi for a starter beach machine.
Majority all say the basically the same. 1) Great machine for the beach especially the wet sand, 2) Fantastic value (I just looked at the MDF shop and it sure sounds it, but do I do enough beach detecting to justify another machine??) , 3) The downside is that you will dig a lot of iron.

Some of the threads also give good advice on how to get the best out of it and reduce the amount of iron / trash so if you do get one they will help you.

Evan

mossy99

Post by mossy99 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi all,
Sold my cs4pi two years ago mainly due to having no discrimination and having to dig all good signals. Have used my Deus many times on wet sand but always get the feeling that it is not showing all targets . Decided therefore, to buy another cs4pi and keep the Deus for pasture and the top of the beach dry sand only. Move away from the known trashy areas on the beach and use the P.I. machine on the wet areas----guess I will persevere with extra digging and lack of target identification but feel extra confident in not missing the really good targets. Check out the above poster videos ----buy a good sand scoop ! Moosy99 ;) ;) ;) ;)

Goldstar

Post by Goldstar » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:09 pm

@tony Gibson - Have been out with my CS4pi not as much as I would have liked, but it certainly works well without question. As stated in the thread it doesn’t have any discrimination so it means digging for everything. However digging for everything is perhaps a sure thing not to miss anything. Choosing carefully where you detect may result in digging up less junk.
Garrett ACE250 - CS4Pi

Return to “CScope CS4PI Forum”