Wanting help locating control box cover for 6MXi

All discussion specific to the Cscope CS6MXI Metal Detector.
Guinea1

Wanting help locating control box cover for 6MXi

Post by Guinea1 » Wed May 28, 2014 1:48 pm

A while back forum member Deepeyes posted a picture of his modified 6MXi with the control box mounted underneath the armrest. Do any forum members know where you can buy the camouflage control box cover Deepeyes is using on his 6MXi?

The build quality looks really good and I’d definitely like to acquire one. I tried sending Deepeyes a private message but he hasn’t been on the forum since March.

I’ll repost two of Deepeyes pictures so that peeps know what I’m talking about :-/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

principia

Re: Wanting help locating control box cover for 6MXi

Post by principia » Thu May 29, 2014 9:07 am

I don't think you can't find any shop that will sell it :(.
As mentioned in his post it was "homemade".
http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/vi ... 6&p=553999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gr.
Marcel
Et qui quærit, invenit
XP Deus
AKA Signum MFD
Deteknix X-pointer

andy fraggle

Post by andy fraggle » Thu May 29, 2014 9:14 am

this cover will fit
http://www.metaldetectorshop.co.uk/shop ... t_id=61380" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

regtons will sort you out im sure

miss a lot

Post by miss a lot » Thu May 29, 2014 9:36 am

andy fraggle wrote:this cover will fit
http://www.metaldetectorshop.co.uk/shop ... t_id=61380" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

regtons will sort you out im sure
Hi I have 2 of these covers , one on my 4pi and the othet on my 6mxi.they are ok for keeping out light rain and muk and keeping your box clean, but if you use the pinpoint on your 6mxi , it defeats the object
They do what it says on the tin . The custom made ones look the part , but I don't know about the pinpoint access I will happily post pics of mine on my 6mxi for you if it helps

Guinea1

Post by Guinea1 » Thu May 29, 2014 7:44 pm

Thanks everyone for the feedback regarding my control box cover query. Also, thanks for the offer of posting some pictures miss a lot. Andy I already have a Pro-Tectors cover for my 6MXi.

Principia thank you for posting the link explaining Deepeyes making the covers himself - I hadn’t seen that post! The density of the Cordura he has used to make the covers is virtually bombproof! I have a Pro-Tectors neoprene set on my T2 and wouldn’t mind having a similar type of cover on the 6MXi. So I think I might take a leaf out of Deepeyes creative book and make a neoprene cover for the 6MXi with the help of the diving neoprene material available on eBay!

miss a lot

Post by miss a lot » Thu May 29, 2014 10:40 pm

Good luck . Post some pics when you get it done ::g

Guinea1

Post by Guinea1 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:56 pm

Yes, I’ll definitely post some pictures miss a lot when I’ve made it. First I have to acquire the right density neoprene from eBay! I’m also intending cannibalising the see-through cover from the Pro-Tectors cover so I have best of both worlds :D

Tzer

Post by Tzer » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:54 pm

I have made my own with neoprene, it's work well but it's breakable (bramble). So I have bought the Maz, but it's a cheap cover, not very well made and fitted... Still looking for a good one...
Cs6mx-i !

Return to “CScope CS6MXI Forum”