Anyone got a Cscope 6XMI Near Street Somerset?

All discussion specific to the Cscope CS6MXI Metal Detector.
tomtomcs

Anyone got a Cscope 6XMI Near Street Somerset?

Post by tomtomcs » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:10 pm

Hi All,

Am getting to grips with the 6XMI and have had some unusual results. There's a post elsewhere about the chattering of early models (which presumably I have not just bought in the past month).

To be honest I am a way away from declaring that there's anything up with mine, but I'd really value a chance to compare notes with another 6xmi user. Especially one experienced in other detectors, and someone that has mastered theirs.

I'd be willing to do all the travelling of course, or whatever suits... It would probably take only 20 mins to try out a few tests and I'd know what's what- that it's my method etc 8-}

Perhaps a bit random request, but you don't know until you ask/ no harm in asking etc. :).

I am on a waiting list to join my local club, have insurance in the post/membership of NCMD.

Cheers, Tom

andy fraggle

Re: Anyone got a Cscope 6XMI Near Street Somerset?

Post by andy fraggle » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:16 am

What are you having trouble with??

tomtomcs

Post by tomtomcs » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:03 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply. It is likely to be just me,..... few times i'd get a signal left to right (swing) but not the other way. Sometimes a signal but 90 degrees around, nothing. Other times on admittedly soaked, ground in garden (full of trash!) I'd get incomprehensible assortment of noises. That did not seem consistent, as in changed a lot.It's fair enough if poor machine is trying to report on a great number of items all in close proximity. I would suppose I'd do well to use a test bed. I read another poster had issue with their coil-some time ago now. Then stared wondering..."what if....."

I have limited experience with such an adjustable detector, no other detectors to compare with so thought a sound route would be to do an 'apple's with apple's' comparison. My swing is stable/steady and sensitivity made little difference i think.

I appreciate your active interest-your company has excellent rep for prouducts and service- hence my choice. I don't think I have sufficient info for a diagnosis of a problem as such! Still early days..

Will keep on it....

andy fraggle

Post by andy fraggle » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:16 am

If you have any concerns over your cs6mxi give our customer service department a call on 01233 629181 and ask to speak to martin.

Andy

tomtomcs

Post by tomtomcs » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:05 am

andy fraggle wrote:If you have any concerns over your cs6mxi give our customer service department a call on 01233 629181 and ask to speak to martin.

Andy
Thanks, will do. :)

Return to “CScope CS6MXI Forum”