Chatty 6MX

All discussion specific to the Cscope CS6MXI Metal Detector.
gullsrock

Chatty 6MX

Post by gullsrock » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:44 pm

I am very new to detecting in fact I have only been outside my garden once. I have purchased a new 6MX. The first time I tried it out it had been raining and I don't know if this is why it was a quite chatty even if I turned down the sensitivity. I set iron on about 6 as I wanted to find anything! Disc on 6 and disc vol on 6 and ground set to auto. I noticed the machine was very chatty along the edge of the field (far enough away from any fence) and seemed worse over slightly longer grass and thistles in particular. Will moisture effect this feedback? Even on sens around 2-3 it is still noisy

andy fraggle

Re: Chatty 6MX

Post by andy fraggle » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:45 am

Hi there, sorry for the delay in responding to your question but ive been away for a while. The detector should be stable. Where your detecting are there any electricity pylons, electric fences or other such things and have your tried turning your phone off. If your detector still isnt working please give our customer service department a call on 01233 629181 and ask to speak to martin, or email on [email protected]. Hope this helps.

Andy

MattGaw

Post by MattGaw » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:06 am

I find my 6mxi chatty when it rains or when I suddenly change its environment(from dry to wet or wet to dry etc) great gradients require your machine to reset itself so you should switch it off for few seconds and than try again :) it should work well

Good luck

Matt
CS6MXI
AKA Sorex Pro

andy fraggle

Post by andy fraggle » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:36 am

If your still having problems give our customer service department a call on 01233 629181 and ask to speak to martin

Andy

Koala

Post by Koala » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:02 pm

Not my detector but when it is wet I have to adjust my ground balance slightly more positive to stop any chatter.

I believe the 6MX has both auto and manual ground balance. Might be worth trying manual and setting it so when you approach the ground the tone rises.

gullsrock

Post by gullsrock » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:51 pm

Thanks for your help folks - I am hoping to get out again soon and will try a manual balance. I have just got a new permission from a farmer and he has suggested starting in a 10acre field which he believes has not been worked before :))

norfolksquit

Post by norfolksquit » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:07 pm

gullsrock wrote:Thanks for your help folks - I am hoping to get out again soon and will try a manual balance. I have just got a new permission from a farmer and he has suggested starting in a 10acre field which he believes has not been worked before :))
Good luck on your permission, I'm getting a 6mx next week, I currently have a 3mx which is a cracking little machine!

Andy
Currently Using: XP Deus 5.21 11" X35 Coil - Cscope 1MX

Return to “CScope CS6MXI Forum”