Just Got My 6MXI Happy Days I Hope :-)

All discussion specific to the Cscope CS6MXI Metal Detector.
norfolksquit

Just Got My 6MXI Happy Days I Hope :-)

Post by norfolksquit » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:49 pm

Already have a 3mx with the 8" polo head/coil, great little machine, and found it's 1st hammered the other day on 1st day out.

Now just got a 6mxi to go with it , gonna be a learning curve I think, mmmm should I have stuck with the 3mx? :-/

Currently Using: Golden Mask UK Edition 10 x 12 Coil

andy fraggle

Re: Just Got My 6MXI Happy Days I Hope :-)

Post by andy fraggle » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:12 am

Just take things slow and steady with your CS6MXi until you have some experience under your belt with it. If you have any questions about it then dont hesitate to ask.

Andy

sponge

Post by sponge » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:21 am

Good luck with your new 6mxi - its a great detector !!!

I have had one for a few years now & have great respect for it - i wouldnt use anything else on my farm permissions.

It may take a while to get used to how it works - but once learned it can easily pick out small non ferrous signals from the heavily iron contaminated ancient sites that we all love to search.
My latest permission has a rich history & is badly contaminated with iron - almost every sweep gives a low tone iron grunt - but the high tone non ferrous "ping" is quite unmistakable - with many good finds being made very close to iron.

Over the last few weeks - i have had many good finds (Bronze age - Georgian) with Roman & hammered coins found most days.

My previous (multi frequency) detector only found 2 hammered coins in nearly 10 years of farmland searches - it was deep, but i think it missed many good finds due to its slow recovery speed when rejecting iron.

I am sure we will be hearing from you very soon & hopefully a video as well too !!!!

norfolksquit

Post by norfolksquit » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:23 pm

Thanks for all your replies guys, appreciated!
Currently Using: Golden Mask UK Edition 10 x 12 Coil

MattGaw

Post by MattGaw » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:32 am

Hi norfolksquit.

6mxi is a great machine ,witchin last 2 months that I owe it I found lots of things :-) on my 3rd visit to the beach I found 5 silver six-penses George V , and a gold inglot !
I am still not 100% sure of it as I didn't find things like hammered coins yet (don't really know how they sound) but it will surely come :)
And one more thing, I go out witch Deus guys and find no less then they do or some times more :D

On a bad side I hv to mention a great attraction to large iron... I don't know how it happens but I do pickup all the iron going after Deus guys. I don't know weather they leave stuff intentionally or their detector is so good in discrimination of large iron bites.

Nevertheless it's all a great fun !

Keep bleeping :D

Matt
CS6MXI
AKA Sorex Pro

andy fraggle

Post by andy fraggle » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:43 am

What setting are you using Matt?

Andy

Return to “CScope CS6MXI Forum”