The ID Challenge

MDF Notifications
thefiggis

Re: The ID Challenge

Post by thefiggis » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:12 pm

Sunray wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:30 pm
Would you [the admin team] consider making past/previous ID Challenges available to members who missed out on taking part within the set time period? or for those who wish to view and try their luck at the ID Challenge at some later date. [Maybe weeks or months later].
Great point and one we've considered. Normally we ask for the thread title to be changed when an unknown item has been identified but with these challenges we'll leave the title as it is so nothing's given away for anyone who'd like to have a go later. We're also working on an archive for them so people can visit and have a go at their leisure.

Essential equipment:
Some sort of electrical gubbins(I'm told it's a Deus). In various colours
Jenkins
Gin.

thefiggis

Post by thefiggis » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:36 pm

What ho, all.

We've had a minor technical glitch in the first ID Challenge in that anyone who responded received an email notification whenever a post was made on the re-opened thread. Obviously, we have no wish to irritate anyone (well, any more than usual) so locked the thread to prevent more being generated while we try to rearrange the software. Mrix is working away on it as we speak but seems strangely reluctant to follow my suggestion to pour some gin into the server in order to sort it. Can't imagine why. Seems a perfectly logical approach to me, but there you go.

Any road up, very sorry for the inconvenience and we'll put a new challenge up when all is well.

In the meantime, we hope you enjoyed the concept (the numbers responding was more than we expected, so thank you for that) and it is a work in progress so if you have any suggestions as to how to improve the format then please do let us know.

Pip pip :D

thefiggis

Post by thefiggis » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:05 pm

Sorry for the delay, folks - still working on it...

Seems the software's messing about and we're looking for a fix. Be back with you soon :)
Essential equipment:
Some sort of electrical gubbins(I'm told it's a Deus). In various colours
Jenkins
Gin.

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:02 pm

Think we already have classic ID challenge on the go :) :) :) viewtopic.php?f=120&t=102191
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

Return to “Admin Notice”