Update Applied to MDF Software

MDF Notifications
mrix
Founder

Update Applied to MDF Software

Post by mrix » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:15 pm

Hello all, there has just been an update applied to the forums software so if you notice anything that`s not working correctly please reply here ::g
Thanks all
mrix

lordofthecoils

Re: Update Applied to MDF Software

Post by lordofthecoils » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:08 pm

just to says thanks for sorting out the change of address mess so i could get back on the forum .....well done mate .....Ray ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:12 pm

lordofthecoils wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:08 pm
just to says thanks for sorting out the change of address mess so i could get back on the forum .....well done mate .....Ray ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g
Thanks Ray OooO
Just glad you managed to get back on ::g

Cheers
mrix

Pastmember01

Post by Pastmember01 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:40 am

Everything seems to be working on this excellent site - well done.

Just curious. I used to be able to see both the Home Page and the General page without logging in (although I needed to log in to see pictures etc.). For the last couple of weeks I've needed to log in to see the General page - is that correct?

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:35 am

WVAM wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:40 am

Just curious. I used to be able to see both the Home Page and the General page without logging in (although I needed to log in to see pictures etc.). For the last couple of weeks I've needed to log in to see the General page - is that correct?
Hello and thanks for your kind words, regarding the general chat yes that has been changed to login only, just an idea to entice more people to register and get involved / contribute as opposed to simply just reading the forums ::g

Thanks
mrix

f8met

Post by f8met » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:43 pm

I keep having to log in. Internet explorer.
Dave

Deus, 9" black coil + Elliptical hf

2018 19 Hammered

Doug

Post by Doug » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:45 pm

mrix wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:35 am
WVAM wrote:

Hello and thanks for your kind words, regarding the general chat yes that has been changed to login only, just an idea to entice more people to register and get involved / contribute as opposed to simply just reading the forums ::g

Thanks
mrix
Evening mrix,

I unable to view "General" on the LHS of the page, it keeps asking me to log in every time I try to view it? I can view the rest of the forum.

Also if I put my computer in sleep mode I have to log in again to view the forum?

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:21 pm

Doug wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:45 pm
mrix wrote:
WVAM wrote:

Thanks
mrix
Evening mrix,

I unable to view "General" on the LHS of the page, it keeps asking me to log in every time I try to view it? I can view the rest of the forum.

Also if I put my computer in sleep mode I have to log in again to view the forum?
Hello Doug, you will need to login to read the General Chat forum, if anyone keeps getting logged out it could be a browser glitch where you will need to delete your browser cookie cache.

mrix

Fusion

Post by Fusion » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:23 pm

It's possible the 'log in for General Chat' change may have the opposite effect. Those who browse without logging in, and then log in if they want to reply/view attached pics etc will simply not see the General Chat section, and won't specifically log in just to look if there's anything new and interesting there, as it's a quiet, less-used sub-forum.
:(

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:27 pm

Fusion wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:23 pm
It's possible the 'log in for General Chat' change may have the opposite effect. Those who browse without logging in, and then log in if they want to reply/view attached pics etc will simply not see the General Chat section, and won't specifically log in just to look if there's anything new and interesting there, as it's a quiet, less-used sub-forum.
Hi Fusion, the General chat section will still need to be used for any topics that do not fit another sub forum so should still be used in the same way, also the link will still show up in the left blue menu.

Its only a case of logging in ::g

mrix

Doug

Post by Doug » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:03 pm

mrix wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:21 pm
Doug wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:45 pm
mrix wrote:

Thanks
mrix
Evening mrix,

Hello Doug, you will need to login to read the General Chat forum, if anyone keeps getting logged out it could be a browser glitch where you will need to delete your browser cookie cache.

mrix
I am logged in and I don't have a problem with other sites where there is a need for me to log in?

My log in details and password for other sites is remembered by computer but not this site?

Stillburning

Post by Stillburning » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:18 am

I use Chrome and having the same issue as Doug (does not remember me so have to keep logging in) will try clearing browser cache later but then have to remember the logins for all the other site!

Just posting this as you asked for comments if anything didnt work, but will also take the opportunity to say thank you for all your work in making this such a great forum ::g
I'm still burning you'll never put the spark out in my soul

Doug

Post by Doug » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:04 am

Stillburning wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:18 am
I use Chrome and having the same issue as Doug (does not remember me so have to keep logging in) will try clearing browser cache later but then have to remember the logins for all the other site!

Just posting this as you asked for comments if anything didnt work, but will also take the opportunity to say thank you for all your work in making this such a great forum ::g
It looks too be a Chrome/MDF conflict because I use Chrome.

I put my computer into sleep mode last night and I have now just had to log back in to the forum, no other sites affected.

I also would like to thank you for managing the site on behalf of all the members.

.....Doug.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 am

Stillburning wrote:

will try clearing browser cache later but then have to remember the logins for all the other site!

Hi there Stillburning, within chrome you have the option to delete all cookies but save the passwords, I often clear them myself, just remove the tick from the tick box to stop passwords being removed
Stillburning wrote:
Yes any problems at all please do post, much appreciated and thanks for your kind words ::g

Cheers
mrix

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:08 am

Doug wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:04 am

I put my computer into sleep mode last night and I have now just had to log back in to the forum, no other sites affected.

I also would like to thank you for managing the site on behalf of all the members.

.....Doug.
Hi Doug, yes I certainly think its something to do with chrome but not for everyone as it totally fine my end and I use chrome.
I will see if there is anything that can be done to help ::g
Just on a side note have you tried re-ticking the box on login with the option to " remember me " you may need to logout and then the login link to see this box, after the update you may have to click it again, worth a try ::g
Thanks Doug
mrix

Doug

Post by Doug » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:12 am

mrix wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:08 am
Doug wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:04 am

.....Doug.
Hi Doug, yes I certainly think its something to do with chrome but not for everyone as it totally fine my end and I use chrome.
I will see if there is anything that can be done to help ::g
Just on a side note have you tried re-ticking the box on login with the option to " remember me " you may need to logout and then the login link to see this box, after the update you may have to click it again, worth a try ::g
Thanks Doug
mrix
Mike

Yes 'remember me' box ticked.

I have just had to log back in to view this thread.

I'm just going to try Safari (Apple) instead of Chrome, will come back to you.

Doug

Post by Doug » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:16 am

I'm now on Apples Safari, I'm still unable to view "General' without having to log in, leave it in your capable hands Mike, I hear a distant field calling my name....... ::g

f8met

Post by f8met » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:56 pm

Site still not working for me. Every time I come to the site I have to log in and every time I have logged in, pressed the remember password button and for explorer to remember my password, then go to general I have to log in again. Then going back to main pages I have to log in again. Internet explorer 11.

Firefox seems to be ok. I guess I will have to start using that for the site.
Dave

2018 19 Hammered

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:19 pm

f8met wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:56 pm
Site still not working for me. Every time I come to the site I have to log in and every time I have logged in, pressed the remember password button and for explorer to remember my password, then go to general I have to log in again. Then going back to main pages I have to log in again. Internet explorer 11.

Hello f8met, Stillburning and Doug I have changed a few settings, please let me know if things have improved ::g

Thanks
mrix

Doug

Post by Doug » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:21 pm

mrix wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:19 pm
f8met wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:56 pm

Hello f8met, Stillburning and Doug I have changed a few settings, please let me know if things have improved ::g

Thanks
mrix
Mike,

I have just had to log back in to see this post?

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:51 pm

Yep I have to keep loggin in every verse end ... and my BTinternet has gone the same way!!! Its Pete Tong time again ... still only 53 days till the Big man comes!!! Happy Christmas everyone!!!
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

hihosilver

Post by hihosilver » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:13 am

This new 'have to login every time' thing is very, very annoying.
Current setup:
XP Deus v2.0, GARRETT Pro-Pointer
MD'ing since Sept '11

Previous:
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett EuroAce, Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Etrac

www.wessexsearchers.club

Stillburning

Post by Stillburning » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:36 pm

As suggested have cleared cache apart from passwords and made sure remember me is checked but still having to log in evrey time (although my user name and password aresaved so not too much of a chore!
I'm still burning you'll never put the spark out in my soul

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:05 pm

Hello all, there certainly does appear to be a problem and more so between the MDF and Google Chrome, if anyone has the same issue using a different browser please let me know.
I am still in the process of trying to resolve this ::g
Also it would be useful to know if anyone is managing to auto login without having to place username and password each time ?
Thanks all
mrix

Doug

Post by Doug » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:27 pm

mrix wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:05 pm
Hello all, there certainly does appear to be a problem and more so between the MDF and Google Chrome, if anyone has the same issue using a different browser please let me know.
Also it would be useful to know if anyone is managing to auto login without having to place username and password each time ?
Thanks all
mrix
Using Apple's Safari I still have to log in each time so both my internet browsers (Apple & Google) are effected.

GeoffBristol

Post by GeoffBristol » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:40 pm

mrix wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:05 pm
Thanks all
mrix
I do not have to log in every time.
Geoff
DEUS
SPECTRA 3Vi

f8met

Post by f8met » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:20 pm

I still have an issue with Explorer 11 but I don't have the same problem with Firefox. Firefox works fine.
Dave

2018 19 Hammered

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:33 pm

Hello all, I think having searched the net and got some help from the software's main website it seems that when the files were updated the file that deals with the SSL security certificate got over written, this basically means members who were using old website links starting http:// and not https:// were not getting redirected correctly.

Basically you were logging with a link with an old insecure url http:// and once logged in it changed to a secure url https:// this basically messed the cookies up which in turn kept logging you out!

I have now replied the missing redirect for anyone accessing the site through an old url link which would of normally auto redirected them.

The old link you must of been clicking on was this link below..
Old Url http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk

But then once logged in the url changed to the New secure SSL with the extra s addition url https://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk

Hope this helps and resolved the problem ? ::g

Thanks
mrix

Doug

Post by Doug » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:00 pm

Looks all OK now Mike.

Thank you on behalf of the members of the forum for resolving our log in problem.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Doug wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:00 pm
Looks all OK now Mike.

Thank you on behalf of the members of the forum for resolving our log in problem.
Glad its fixed for your Doug, updating always creates its own set of problems but they can be resolved with a little time.
Thanks for all the feedback which helps get these problems resolved ::g

mrix-

Return to “Admin Notice”