how are the new blisstool users getting on

Only topics related to Blisstool metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
jimbotrucker

how are the new blisstool users getting on

Post by jimbotrucker » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:24 am

I have been following the blisstool info on here but it has gone quiet for a few weeks, I am intrigued to see if the folk who ordered them are impressed with m/d build quality, depth, descrimination, & service.
after reading the info on here the initial impression looks really promising so any further info would be appreciated.

Minelab equinox 600
Quest pro
Two mad dogs
Not enough time in fields :-( too far from the beach :-(
Not enough Land :-(

Fusion

Re: how are the new blisstool users getting on

Post by Fusion » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:54 am

Blisstools' UK dealer has a website, where you will find a discussion forum, which may give you some idea, though with an obvious bias.
Also, there is some discussion on Tom Dankowski's US forum, DankowskiDetectors.
:(

jimbotrucker

Post by jimbotrucker » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:26 pm

thanks I will have a look but as you say they are probably bias. as are the vids on youtube.
I would love to see one to make my own mind up but the big m/d shops don't seem interested in them.
Minelab equinox 600
Quest pro
Two mad dogs

JBM

Post by JBM » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:39 pm

I hope it is fine for those who want one but my honest opinion is that it will be just another also ran machine.

Time will tell, but remember what I have just said as it has happened so many times since our hobby first started.

At least the price is such that purchasers cant be really hurt if they wish to pass them on. ;) Jerry.

adam

Post by adam » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:49 pm

the name puts me off a bit "Blisstool" sounds like something you'd order from an Ann summers party!!!! lol :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sJA_VF ... ature=fvst" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ..

jimbotrucker

Post by jimbotrucker » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:48 pm

adam wrote:the name puts me off a bit "Blisstool" sounds like something you'd order from an Ann summers party!!!! lol :D
who ;)
Minelab equinox 600
Quest pro
Two mad dogs

barryny

Post by barryny » Tue May 01, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi Jerry - you should try to use one to see for yourself.

I have the Deus (one of the first in the USA to get one) and the E-Trac and the Blisstool. I use the Deus as my go to machine on any new or freshly plowed property.

However - IMO the Blisstool has it's place in many situations. DEEP at salt water beachs where the Deus fails...DEEP in places where you thought you cleaned it all out with the Deus/E-Trac - Think GPX-5000 with greater discrimination depth ability for everywhere besides tiny nugget hunting.

You know the saying: To do the right job - you need the right tool....Blisstool.... :))
DeepTech Gold
DeepTech Smart
Deus

Wansdyke44

Post by Wansdyke44 » Tue May 01, 2012 3:28 pm

adam wrote:the name puts me off a bit "Blisstool" sounds like something you'd order from an Ann summers party!!!! lol :D
We were all thinkin' it but you were the only one sayin' it ;)
In the Zone with the Garrett carrot!

My Finds Gallery

jimbotrucker

Post by jimbotrucker » Tue May 01, 2012 11:47 pm

well barry I hope you are right as I have just ordered the 64 v2i I know it is from a strange land & has a daft name & no fancy screen, but at that price I am willing to give it a go ::g
Minelab equinox 600
Quest pro
Two mad dogs

Fusion

Post by Fusion » Tue May 01, 2012 11:56 pm

What sort of ground are you able to try it on, Jim? It seems its natural home would be pasture and woodland, but it would be good to see it tested in every kind of terrain.
:(

Blackadder43

Post by Blackadder43 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:14 am

I would like to see it tested on an iron infested known Roman or medieval site....
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

jimbotrucker

Post by jimbotrucker » Wed May 02, 2012 1:37 pm

My main field is pasture but my mate has a coke infested field i might get on before seeding
Minelab equinox 600
Quest pro
Two mad dogs

barryny

Post by barryny » Wed May 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Good luck - I'm sure Daryn will take very good care of you. I think there is a few weeks wait - the USA market has really gotten hot for the product...
DeepTech Gold
DeepTech Smart
Deus

adam

Post by adam » Wed May 02, 2012 6:58 pm

im selling my sov gt to buy one.

i do hope its as good as they say as my GT is a real finder.

the vids on youtube seem good.

adam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sJA_VF ... ature=fvst" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ..

the-roman

Post by the-roman » Wed May 02, 2012 7:02 pm

a while ago we invited a couple of blisstool users to detect our land. the field was ploughed and rolled and is a junkie site, so lots of iron. the write up they said about it on their forum was that it performed well finding two matrix seals amoungst all the rubbish. they were in fact georgian fob seals. they forgot to mention that there were two xp machines on the same site at the same time which not only found just as much rubbish, but also weedled out a hammered penny. the xp machines found just as much, find for find, as the blisstool, of course they will overlook the hammered in favour of their machine, but if I were to have been offered a straight swop then I would have said no. I don't think I will be getting one, but that is just my own opinion. ::g it all boils down to the same old thing....if you dont go over it you wont find it.
cheers, keith.
Last edited by the-roman on Wed May 02, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only the best, XP Goldmaxx power .... F.I.D member ::g
And a proud member of the best club in Somerset, Wessex Searchers MDC ::g
www.wessexsearchers.club

adam

Post by adam » Wed May 02, 2012 7:11 pm

I think i will buy one.

i will keep the GT as i trust that like you'd never beleve.. great machine.

as for the blissy..... we will see.

::g

jimbotrucker

Post by jimbotrucker » Wed May 02, 2012 10:22 pm

well adam I am an honest person & if its not as good as my xterra 705 I will be the first to tell the forum. I don't believe in bigging something up just for the sake of it. but everyone whom I have spoken with have nothing but praise for the blisstool.
Minelab equinox 600
Quest pro
Two mad dogs

ysbytymike

Post by ysbytymike » Thu May 03, 2012 9:06 am

I own a V3 and I find myself leaving the other machines I own behind nowadays and just using the Bliss. As I've said on many occasions, " I think were all becoming brainwashed into thinking that we have to have screens, flashing lights and a hundred tones to be able to find what were looking for.

Truth is, human hearing is just so much more accurate and easier to understand than anything the boffins can currently come up with. Were slowly loosing that ability to use these senses because unless you have the latest gizzmo's with the accompanying software and technical graphs to help you, your not going to find anything!!

Blisstool might sound a funny name to some of you but its a serious contender for the future of detecting. The build quality is better than anything else I've bought so far and I've owned several Minelabs, C-Scope and Golden Mask since starting detecting.

The Bliss is a simple honest 'back to basics' metal detector that happens to be able to detect to depth levels that others can't currently reach. You will find biased opinions around.. Show me a site that doesn't have people who are very protective of the brand they've usually paid an enormous amount of money for but be honest to yourself. How many times have you walked away from a signal because the technology on the machine told you too instead of making up your own mind. That's all Bliss does, It leaves you to make that decision.

If you do visit the Blisstool site you will find enthusiasm and excitement along with lots of honest video's that have deliberately been produced 'without' editing so as people can form their own opinions. The rest is up to you.

Just to finish off by saying I have no financial involvement with the Bliss machine. I'm just a user who's getting more and more excited the more I use this machine.

Ysbytymike

Allectus

Post by Allectus » Thu May 03, 2012 11:41 am

Blisstool!.....Is that not Chinese for Bristol? :)) :)) :))

A ;)
British by Birth - English by the Grace Of God.

RJM

Post by RJM » Fri May 04, 2012 6:22 pm

I too have been using the v3, getting on for about 2 months now.

I was the person that showed Mike, above, and within minutes he was well away using it.

The first time I used the BLISS v3 was strange as for the past two years I've only used the Deus and that's one big comfort machine.

However, I find I'm hooked on the v3 now and have hardly used the Deus since. The BLISS isn't just deeper it is also extremely fast recovering between targets.......probably faster than the Deus!

I'm noticing I'm getting targets on my old land that I've been over numerous times....it can't just be a coincidence that I've missed them all before.

The BLISS owner says that the 8KHz search frequency is just a good all round carrier signal but that the signal is corrected by the internal electronics. I don't know what he's done but it likes hammered and, to my knowledge has has a gold stater and gold Auerus, by other users.

It may look old fashioned, and it many ways it harks back to the days of old fashioned detecting BUT with superior depth and speed.

I bought as the price wasn't stupid and I have absolutely no regrets. It's surpassed my expectations and that after seeing my mate use the v2i several times and what that was achieving.

battlecircus10

Post by battlecircus10 » Wed May 30, 2012 8:24 pm

I, like many others have been watching the youtube videos with great interest. The only thing that I have yet to see is an actual real life search with one of them. Every video seems to be displaying their depth capabilities. That is all well and good but I would like to ask, do they work as a regular detector does? By that I mean, actually searching, locating and then digging the hopefully good target.

There are a lot of videos showing the Deus and Etrac and etc. all being swept over buried targets and then the Blisstool is swung over the same target as a means of depth comparison.

There are also a multitude of Etrac,Deus and all other detectors doing a "real-time" hunt and locating stuff but I have yet to see a video of the Blisstool being given the same treatment. Why?
C Scope CS990XD with 8" solid coil - the best ones.
Minelab Explorer XS
Whites M6
Minelab Sovereign Elite
Garrett Ace 150 x2
Whites Classic 3
XP Deus
Viking V5

hammyman

Post by hammyman » Wed May 30, 2012 11:14 pm

battlecircus10 wrote:I, like many others have been watching the youtube videos with great interest. The only thing that I have yet to see is an actual real life search with one of them. There are also a multitude of Etrac,Deus and all other detectors doing a "real-time" hunt and locating stuff but I have yet to see a video of the Blisstool being given the same treatment. Why?
Try the first four videos here; http://www.youtube.com/user/BlissToolDetecting?ob=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ;)
http://www.minddisorders.com/Del-Fi/Denial.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Lions lead by donkeys
GRAMMAR: The difference between knowing your s**t and knowing you're s**t.

battlecircus10

Post by battlecircus10 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:23 am

Thanks hammyman for that link. We can see the blisstool getting used here in a "regular" fashion but I would still like to bump this thread. And that is "How arethe new Blisstool owners getting on".

Is it worth getting a new one of these over a used e-trac, say??? Or is the jury still out???
Minelab Explorer XS
Whites M6
Minelab Sovereign Elite
Garrett Ace 150 x2
Whites Classic 3
XP Deus
Viking V5

hammyman

Post by hammyman » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:44 am

battlecircus10 wrote:Thanks hammyman for that link. We can see the blisstool getting used here in a "regular" fashion but I would still like to bump this thread. And that is "How arethe new Blisstool owners getting on".

Is it worth getting a new one of these over a used e-trac, say??? Or is the jury still out???
You wont get a reply,because there are no 'new owners'. :)) There is a backlog on the machines.It's a case of the worlds gone crazy for them,and the chap who makes them,has had to put new infrastructure in to cope.I've heard that the people who ordered 7-8 weeks ago will be getting their machines very soon. ::g The website now states a 5 week wait for new orders. :)
http://www.minddisorders.com/Del-Fi/Denial.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Lions lead by donkeys

battlecircus10

Post by battlecircus10 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:30 pm

Good point. Ok then how are the "older" new Blisstool users getting on? Any more from ysbyty mike or RJM or any of you others. I am really wondering what the bad points of the machine are, if there are any?
Minelab Explorer XS
Whites M6
Minelab Sovereign Elite
Garrett Ace 150 x2
Whites Classic 3
XP Deus
Viking V5

brett27

Post by brett27 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:24 pm

any more news guys on this machine,im thinking of getting 1 ::g
Minelab Explorer 2 + S.E.F
Garrett Pro pointer

satdaveuk

Post by satdaveuk » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:02 am

I often wonder in situations like this where theres large interest in a particular detector, why those of you who belong to clubs just dont all chip in a few bob between you and just buy one, then you can give it a good thrashing and give the rest of us a verdict.
At the very worst if its crap you can always keep it in the club house as a standby.
I wouldnt give utube the time of day on wether to purchase a detector or not because theres to many varibals to consider.

Regards

targets

Post by targets » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:16 am

kelly co in the USA is now selling them and thyre getting big shipments from preferential treatment above others
' hammys how i love ya, how i love ya my dear old hammys '

hammyman

Post by hammyman » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:34 pm

targets wrote:kelly co in the USA is now selling them and thyre getting big shipments from preferential treatment above others
You really should get your facts straight. Kelly co have an order in.They are taking pre-orders for their order. They are not jumping the queue. There is no preferential treatment going on.
Whoever meddled with my use of lower case and upper case,please have the decency to inform me!!!!!!!!!!!

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Post by liamnolan » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:49 am

PM sent to hammyman.
Liam :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

Return to “Blisstool Forum”