how are the new blisstool users getting on

Only topics related to Blisstool metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
baz1sue2

Re: how are the new blisstool users getting on

Post by baz1sue2 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Just got myself a used blisstool v2i, as new condition with over 2 years warranty left,only tried it in the garden as yet, but it belted out a signal on my buried cartwheel penny at 14 inches, and i,m not realy conversant with all the settings options yet....keep you informed BAZ

3tone

Post by 3tone » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi Guys
Has anyone any first hand experience of this machine on wet sand?
Do they detect small pieces of gold where E Trac and Deus fail.

3tone

hammyman

Post by hammyman » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:16 pm

3tone wrote:Hi Guys
Has anyone any first hand experience of this machine on wet sand?
Do they detect small pieces of gold where E Trac and Deus fail.

3tone
Have a look here and decide for yourself. ::g ;)
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... tu8Jtx4ARo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.minddisorders.com/Del-Fi/Denial.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Lions lead by donkeys
GRAMMAR: The difference between knowing your s**t and knowing you're s**t.

roxy1dog

Post by roxy1dog » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:27 am

ive never used one but 2 friends who purchased one each sold them off after a few days on the fields the report i got back was they like iron and are far too noisy and hard to get along with.

hammyman

Post by hammyman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:34 pm

roxy1dog wrote:ive never used one but 2 friends who purchased one each sold them off after a few days on the fields the report i got back was they like iron and are far too noisy and hard to get along with.
=)) Lets get real here.You can not learn any machine in a few days!!Nor in my opinion can you make any sort of judgement,there are just to many variables.
The Blisstool is setup critical.Set it up wrong it will like iron and be noisy. ;)
http://www.minddisorders.com/Del-Fi/Denial.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Lions lead by donkeys

marknicklen

Post by marknicklen » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:11 pm

hi i waited 5 months for my blisstool (after being told 4 to 6 weeks)still no show so i decided ,to get a refund........he sent me threatening mail and said ill just have to wait for it, great way to ruin a business in my opinion ,especially now im not the first to go to trading standards why didnt blisstool go to a proper distributor in the uk? ;;z

hammyman

Post by hammyman » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:06 pm

marknicklen wrote:hi i waited 5 months for my blisstool (after being told 4 to 6 weeks)still no show so i decided ,to get a refund........he sent me threatening mail and said ill just have to wait for it, great way to ruin a business in my opinion ,especially now im not the first to go to trading standards why didnt blisstool go to a proper distributor in the uk? ;;z
Mark.As you well know there is nothing wrong with Daryn as a distributor.You also know the delay rests firmly with Ahmed.
I can't see why you have canceled now ,with deliveries allegedly imminent. :-/ :-/
IF Ahmed is telling the truth,there will be machines in the country before you get your refund!! ::g

marknicklen

Post by marknicklen » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:39 pm

for your sake hammyman i hope your right ,as you have more patience than me ! but when you ask for a refund and being sent mails saying i need a psychiatrist and a new dummy ,I'd just had enough of him and his two henchman giving me sh*t.I have an appointment with trading standards tomorrow. i'll see how that goes.

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:15 pm

I was seriously looking at the Blisstool but i could accept a delay of 4-6 weeks but when someone has placed a firm order for one and i would assume they have payed for it but i stand to be corrected on that assumption but you then are still waiting 5 months down the road,this massive delay has just changed my mind it makes no odds how good the detector is that is totally extracting the ur*ne.

If they could not full fill the orders for what ever reason,it would have been much better to admit they had a problem and then suspend taking further orders till the back log has been cleared then resume after the problem has been resolved.

Its a shame as they look 1st rate detectors from what i can see from the videos but looking at them on a videos is alot different that looking at them in the hand.This is just of course my personal opinion as viewed from being a potential customer.

marknicklen

Post by marknicklen » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:25 pm

Yeah they do look good but most of the videos posted are by the guy that's selling them so they will be biased but that's just my opinion

targets

Post by targets » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:07 pm

other experience users have posted good videos
' hammys how i love ya, how i love ya my dear old hammys '

Allectus

Post by Allectus » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:23 pm

I've got one!(V3) ::g ::g picked it up earlier today.... It's got more controls than a Boeing747 :)) & the manual might as well be written in Chinese! :)) Here's a quote re the threshold..... "corresponding to a quite zoom sound made by the metal detector in working mode(issued torn sound, buzzing, whiz)" :-/ :-/ :)) .....pick the bones out of that! :)) :))

Seriously though, any tips, hints, does & dont's for a newbie to the machine would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

A ;)
British by Birth - English by the Grace Of God.

the-roman

Post by the-roman » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:33 pm

well a friend of mine has been using one now for the past six/seven months and I have to say....I am not impressed with the results, nor is he. I was thinking of buying one but didn't have the money at the time so he bought one. he is now going to get another machine. it's all very well watching videos etc, but when you compare it to detecting the same area as the deus for the last four months and the deus outperforming the blisstool every time then the results speak for themselves as far as i am concerned. also take into account that the deus was bought a good two months after he bought the blisstool and we all know it takes time to learn your machine. please bear in mind that this is only my personal experience of the blisstool having seen it in action now for a good while so it may be different for others.
cheers, keith. ::g
Last edited by the-roman on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only the best, XP Goldmaxx power .... F.I.D member ::g
And a proud member of the best club in Somerset, Wessex Searchers MDC ::g
www.wessexsearchers.club

Sheddy

Post by Sheddy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:37 pm

Mine stays in the garage. The ones that go onto ebay go for silly money so it'll stay in the garage for now.

Allectus

Post by Allectus » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:56 pm

Sheddy wrote:Mine stays in the garage. The ones that go onto ebay go for silly money so it'll stay in the garage for now.
I take it your not happy with yours then Sheddy :-/ :))

A ;)

Sheddy

Post by Sheddy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:53 am

It works .... and on pasture it works deeeeep. However, I detect mostly on plough and for pleasure.. It's far easier to take the eTrac out instead.

newseeker

Post by newseeker » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:45 am

ive never tried 1 but ive always had my speculative assumptions on this machine.
Too me all these switches is going back to old technology,most modern machines are more digital without the need for all these manual settings. Maybe it was too make it different to other machines making it a selling point i cant see bulgaria spending lots of money on research and development ive been to this country a number of times. i know the owner is turkish but my thoughts are still the same. im not sure with all them switches you might have ingress of dirt and grit especially sand if used on the beach which my cause problems like they did on the old c-scopes.Having said that they look like they work well if you can get the settings correct for the terrain your detecting on but i would sooner let modern technology do it for me.
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab x-terra 705,CscopeR1

Sheddy

Post by Sheddy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:22 am

newseeker wrote:[...] im not sure with all them switches you might have ingress of dirt and grit especially sand if used on the beach which my cause problems like they did on the old c-scopes.Having said that they look like they work well if you can get the settings correct for the terrain your detecting on but i would sooner let modern technology do it for me.
There's no question as to the build quality of the machine, it is very good. However, there are warnings about water ingress in the manual as well so if water can get in ....

The machine is very setting reliant and you don't have to get them far wrong to lose a lot of depth, but the loss of depth then puts the machine on par with the etrac so it's not too much of a problem. When it's set up right it really is a very deep machine, but it's getting the setting right.

Iron discrimination is something that I really do find to be a problem.

Allectus

Post by Allectus » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:33 am

Sheddy wrote:It works .... and on pasture it works deeeeep. However, I detect mostly on plough and for pleasure.. It's far easier to take the eTrac out instead.
I too use the ET Sheddy ::g ..... I've not got the (V3) to replace that. I'm lucky enough to have a hotspot/scattered hoard of Groats & I'm convinced there's more there, lurking deeper. ::g
Although it's a stubble field I'm searching , the conditions are very similar to pasture.....the soil is a very heavy, compressed clay. ::g

Cheers mate

A ;)

muckyluck

Post by muckyluck » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:47 am

Allectus wrote:Blisstool!.....Is that not Chinese for Bristol? :)) :)) :))

A ;)
Brilliant, and I'm from Blisstool! =)) =)) =))

Allectus

Post by Allectus » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:02 pm

muckyluck wrote:
Allectus wrote:Blisstool!.....Is that not Chinese for Bristol? :)) :)) :))

A ;)
Brilliant, and I'm from Blisstool! =)) =)) =))

:)) :)) :)) ::g

A ;)

Sheddy

Post by Sheddy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:10 pm

Allectus wrote:
Sheddy wrote:It works .... and on pasture it works deeeeep. However, I detect mostly on plough and for pleasure.. It's far easier to take the eTrac out instead.
I too use the ET Sheddy ::g ..... I've not got the (V3) to replace that. I'm lucky enough to have a hotspot/scattered hoard of Groats & I'm convinced there's more there, lurking deeper. ::g
Although it's a stubble field I'm searching , the conditions are very similar to pasture.....the soil is a very heavy, compressed clay. ::g

Cheers mate

A ;)
I think thats the right way to use it mate, clean out a hotspot with the best general puirpose machine you have and then work the area with the Bliss.

Allectus

Post by Allectus » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:13 pm

Yep, that's the plan Sheddy ::g

Cheers

A ;)

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Post by liamnolan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:35 pm

I will be going over where I got my stater as the land has now been deep ploughed, so a deep seeking machine would be handy to check for any deeper targets ... Liam :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

Allectus

Post by Allectus » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:58 pm

liamnolan wrote:I will be going over where I got my stater as the land has now been deep ploughed, so a deep seeking machine would be handy to check for any deeper targets ... Liam :;@
Yep, I always look forward getting back to those hotspots after they've been turned over......especially when it's left for a good while to settle/weather down. ::g
It's like having a new permission sometimes! ::g

A ;)

Fusion

Post by Fusion » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Quote:"Seriously though, any tips, hints, does & dont's for a newbie to the machine would be very much appreciated"
my earlier post at the start of the thread is worth a look, and there is a Blisstool section on another US forum called "findmall", which seems to have a fair amont of technical discussion.
:(

Allectus

Post by Allectus » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:57 am

Cheers Fusion, I'll take a look. ::g

A ;)

baz1sue2

Post by baz1sue2 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:18 pm

I own a blisstool v2i and a Deus,i,ve been using the bliss on my pasture permissions with amazing results,i,ve done em to death with different top end machines.the bliss when set up correctly which takes all of 90 seconds, has awsome depth capabilities...yesterday on a club dig i gave a whirl on stubble, it knocked out the coke and small ferous a treat,viccy penny at 10 inches,hapenny at about 7, and best of all at 6 inches, an eddie farhing. this is the smallest hammered i,ve found to date measuring 3/8,s of an inch across..and my my blisstools first hammered.......that was using the 11 inch coil,in the future i,ll be buying the 15 inch coil, and apparantly ther will be a 7 or 8 inch coil out soon, that being the case i can see my deus being relegated to my back up machine, thats how highly i regard my bliss......hh.....BAZ

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:26 pm

Getting on very well with mine now as well. I had a disastrous start with it but now its all going well. I have only used it on minimum everything & had some nice Roman coins on a junky site. I want to start turning things up a tad to see what it can do & maybe try the 15 inch coil which I had with it.

I rekon its going to start doing better than my E Trac before to long.

I have the V3 version & not easy to learn but once you get the hang of how to set it up its very very good. Watch this space.

Return to “Blisstool Forum”