bad to say bliss ??

Only topics related to Blisstool metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
waybri

bad to say bliss ??

Post by waybri » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:49 am

Hi All

i recently bought 2 new detectors as i wanted to cover a few bases.
bought a deus xp and a blisstool.

My question is are blisstool detectors frounds upon here as i mentioned it on another site and all posts were removed .

im guessing most of the upset with blisstools came from poor customer service and delayed shipping ??

build wise it looks ok but have not used it yet.

Also is it worth investing in a probe ???

waynerz

mrix
Founder

Re: bad to say bliss ??

Post by mrix » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:56 am

Hello I am not sure why anyone would remove posts regarding the Blisstool metal detectors but I think you are correct that their was meant to be poor customer service and the delayed shipping you mention :(
Many Blisstool owners still highly rate their machines though.
Cheers
mrix

lord lovell

Post by lord lovell » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:06 am

blisstool? never heard of it? :-/

oliver

Post by oliver » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:08 am

Sounds like something Ann Summers would sell :D
Oliver
XP DEUS
MINELAB SOV GT with 13 ultimate DD coil
LASER B3
MUCK DIGGER SAND SCOOP
FLOATING SIEVE
PLASTIC SAND SHOVEL
CHEST WADERS
GARRET PROBE
EVOLUTIONS HAND TROWEL
GARRET PROBE WITH SHEATH

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:16 pm

The Bliss is not like other machines & it takes a bit of time to get your head round it. If you have patience then you will be ok but if you want switch on & go its not the machine for you.

I have had a Bliss for 14 months & its good quality I have had no problems with it at all, its found me a gold coin & quite a lot of Roman as well along with all the usual stuff. I am still learning & some days I don't have the patience myself so I use my E Trac instead.

Yes its a touchy subject on some forums & so I avoid talking about it on them unless someone asks like you have here.

I am very pleased with mine & on Pasture in particular its very good. I have dug targets & was thinking of giving up because I believed the item can't be this deep but to my surprise I find the target & its quite deep.

Its not easy to set up & its quite critical to get it right or the Bliss will just not perform properly. If you want more info you can join the Bliss forum where there is a lot of information & of course the kind helpful Daryn who will always give help & advice to whoever asks for it.

Allectus

Post by Allectus » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:29 pm

oliver wrote:Sounds like something Ann Summers would sell :D
Sounds like a Chinese pronunciation of Bristol! :)) :)) ::g

A ;)

Mark White

Post by Mark White » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:52 pm

Allectus wrote:
oliver wrote:Sounds like something Ann Summers would sell :D
Sounds like a Chinese pronunciation of Bristol! :)) :)) ::g

A ;)
That was brilliant, haven't laughed as much at someone's comment before as I did at that
=)) =)) thanks again that has made my day
Mark ::g
MInelab CTX3030 + Pro find 25 pinpointer

oliver

Post by oliver » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:07 pm

::g ::g =)) =))
Oliver
XP DEUS
MINELAB SOV GT with 13 ultimate DD coil
LASER B3
MUCK DIGGER SAND SCOOP
FLOATING SIEVE
PLASTIC SAND SHOVEL
CHEST WADERS
GARRET PROBE
EVOLUTIONS HAND TROWEL
GARRET PROBE WITH SHEATH

digger360

Post by digger360 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:39 pm

Really not sure of the why anyone should be wary of posting about a metal detector on this forum ??? ...surely that what its all about ...blueboy why are you so wary ...post away mate good or bad say what you think about the machine you own it.. I don't and would like to hear your honest reviews about all the hype on this machine and maybe you will help other members spending their hard earned money....or it make now be the bargain of the year it would be nice to know .....never be ashamed of what you have bought
minelab CTX 3030
tinitus and a badback

waybri

Post by waybri » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:47 pm

let just say is is a banned subject on another well known forum

it is a trick to master as im aware but when set up is formidable depth wise as ive seen on sites globally,blisstool upset many with poor delivery promises which has tarnished the product
i have the deus for trashy sites and blisstool for cleaner sites where depth is more impotant.

would like to here from users as i know its a bitch to tame.

borne from mine detection origins where guys go bang if the kit fails.

just hope not like the ping pong ball bomb detectors that cost 20 quid but sold to military for thousands ??

coil

Post by coil » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:53 pm

I was at bacton rally couple weeks ago there was a man digging big hole and I mean big I went over to him said that's a big hole mate , he had bliss tool detector telling him got really good signal he asked me to go over hole with my deus, there was no signal not even iron nothing I wondered how many holes he had dug before :(

stubbie

Post by stubbie » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:02 pm

waybri wrote:Hi All

i recently bought 2 new detectors as i wanted to cover a few bases.
bought a deus xp and a blisstool.

My question is are blisstool detectors frounds upon here as i mentioned it on another site and all posts were removed .

im guessing most of the upset with blisstools came from poor customer service and delayed shipping ??

build wise it looks ok but have not used it yet.

Also is it worth investing in a probe ???

waynerz
Yes i definitely would invest in a probe i also recommend the Garrett pro-pointer wouldn't be without mine ::g

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:07 pm

coil wrote:I was at bacton rally couple weeks ago there was a man digging big hole and I mean big I went over to him said that's a big hole mate , he had bliss tool detector telling him got really good signal he asked me to go over hole with my deus, there was no signal not even iron nothing I wondered how many holes he had dug before :(
Yep that happened to me the first time out, I dug 3 targets & nothing, it happened again on my second time out twice. I then spoke to Daryn on the forum & it was my error, I had not set it up properly with ground balance & had all the settings way too high & since that time it happened twice its never happened since.

The machine is very powerful, even on minimum everything its as good as my E Trac. The gain goes to 10 but in the 14 months of ownership I have never got above 3, mostly its on .5 or 1.

It took me a long time to get my head round it but the day that I realised how good it is was when I went to a club site that had been done over & over for several weeks before I could get out onto the site, it was a smallish area that had Roman coins on, in fact a lot had been found in the weeks before me getting out, this particular day I got the setup right in this area that was done to death by Deus & Minelab detectors, the other members (5 I think) using Deus & Minelabs got 3 (if my memory is correct) between them from the area & I got 8 on my own, the Bliss was sounding off so clear on them. Please don't take this as any negativity on the other detectors mentioned, in fact one of our club members finds stacks of stuff with his Deus, far more than me,on the day mentioned he found only 1 Roman coin in the area & I had 8 so its definitely doing something different than other machines.

Another day I had a gold Victoria half sovereign from an area littered with footprints from other club members that had been there the previous couple of weeks.

The Bliss is not for everyone & criticism's seem to be about finding lots of iron & unstable use, well yes, I get the odd bit of iron but I don't worry over the odd bit, I had more when I started but now I get very little,I had a couple of bits with my E Trac last Sunday, I don't overpower it & for me its very stable.

All I can say to anyone thats thinking of trying one is that its not a machine for a switch on & go person or someone with little patience, set up is so critical, get the GB wrong, overpower it & its a nightmare, get it set up correctly & it works very well. I have been detecting for 30 years & used all types of machine but I never used one like this before. Some days its noisy & I am not in the mood or have the patience to adjust & play with the settings & I go back to my E Trac. I don't get out as much as I would like to so I am still learning it. I am keeping it as I just know its gonna find me something real good eventually given the depth & sensitivity.

coil

Post by coil » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:20 am

Keep at it blueboy ::g

housed

Post by housed » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:01 am

coil wrote:I was at bacton rally couple weeks ago there was a man digging big hole and I mean big I went over to him said that's a big hole mate , he had bliss tool detector telling him got really good signal he asked me to go over hole with my deus, there was no signal not even iron nothing I wondered how many holes he had dug before :(
Maybe it's the 'big hole' that some detectorists might frown upon given the deeper you go the more chance you're digging below the ploughline.

http://finds.org.uk/getinvolved/guides/codeofpractice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://theresponsibledetectorist.blogspot.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

coil

Post by coil » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:25 am

Keep at it waybri ::g

digger360

Post by digger360 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:14 am

nice bit of info on the blisstool ...I did think about buying one at the time when they 1st came out but was quoted a silly delivery time so never bothered ...sounds like they are a good machine in the right hands but obviously need a bit of time to learn ....
good luck using your machine
minelab CTX 3030
tinitus and a badback

BEEPEE

Post by BEEPEE » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:03 pm

I had the bliss v2i with 11 inch coil, set up correctly and was a monster depth wise, and sensitive ,found me cut quarters.... In the end i could,nt be bothered faffing about with it to get it bob on.If you,ve got the patience you will enjoy using this machine.It also looks very old fashioned but the build quality is brill.....

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:43 pm

Some mock the name Blisstool, maybe it should have been called another name, yes had a few comments about how it looks with all its knobs etc, who cares I don't, I don't go out to pose I want a machine that gives me good performance & so good finds.

This machine is not for everyone, no doubt about that. If your thinking of getting one & going out & using it like you would your Deus or E Trac then don't get one you will not be able to use it.

As I already said I have good & bad days with it but I do know one thing, the potential & performance is there I just have to harness it & the rewards will come. I am not giving up on my Bliss like many others have, I like something a bit quirky & different, keeps me ageing brain on its toes.

dppepperpot

Post by dppepperpot » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:38 pm

Hi, I also have the blisstool v3 with both coils. Ive had a few good finds from deep pasture. once set up correctly, its a very deep machine. ive had it for nearly 2 years now, no problems at all. Also have the deus.
deus 3.2
Blisstool v3

waybri

Post by waybri » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:53 pm

dppepperpot wrote:Hi, I also have the blisstool v3 with both coils. Ive had a few good finds from deep pasture. once set up correctly, its a very deep machine. ive had it for nearly 2 years now, no problems at all. Also have the deus.

which one do you prefer ??
or are the totally seperate animals ??

dppepperpot

Post by dppepperpot » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi Waybri, usually use the bliss v3 on pasture, and deus on more contaminated areas. I like both machines, with the v3 you have to start off with low settings, dont overpower it. cheers dave.
deus 3.2
Blisstool v3

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Is this thread a mickey take...???
first we have the claim that the poster has had threads pulled just for mentioning the Bliss tool..
then we have the bliss tool itself ... lots of people havent heard of it...
then we have the name ... who would call a tector a bliss tool .... ???
my opinion is that some tool is taking tha p*ss... and if not careful will be up in front of the firing squad..
and yes they will be firing pisstools!!!!
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

digger360

Post by digger360 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:37 pm

oldartefact wrote:Is this thread a mickey take...???
first we have the claim that the poster has had threads pulled just for mentioning the Bliss tool..
then we have the bliss tool itself ... lots of people havent heard of it...
then we have the name ... who would call a tector a bliss tool .... ???
my opinion is that some tool is taking tha p*ss... and if not careful will be up in front of the firing squad..
and yes they will be firing pisstools!!!!
what can you say....... :))
minelab CTX 3030
tinitus and a badback

dppepperpot

Post by dppepperpot » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:52 pm

hi, no its genuine, its a bulgarian machine. there was a lot of fall out over it ie... delivery etc. some saying videos of how deep it was is fake. Ive got one and it is a deep machine. also got the deus.
deus 3.2
Blisstool v3

sweepspeed5

Post by sweepspeed5 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:01 pm

Bit surprised that so many haven't heard of the Bliss it's not hard to find on the web!

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:03 pm

only a bit of leg pulling going on!!!
Its just a big shame they called it a bliss tool ... when by all accounts maybe it should be re branded a CAKtool ...:) :) :)

Blackadder43
Admin

Post by Blackadder43 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:37 pm

I was banned from the Blisstool forum some time back.....
The reason for this was my observation that the Blisstool is a very very deep seeking machine, but at a cost of the machine being extremely sensitive and slightly erratic...
I also bandied the idea about that the Blisstool is certainly not a beginners machine....not by a long shot....
This led me to a lifetime ban....

A lot of forums started to ban threads about this machine because it challenges the depths that "mainstream" machines can achieve.....
Metal detecting is quite a territorial pastime, people are very defensive about their machines.
With the 2 most expensive machines belonging to different camps, both claiming great depth, but costing a lot of money compared to the Blisstool, this caused the owners of the "other" machines to explode into what could only be described as a hate campaign against anyone who owned or dared to mention the Blisstool.
And then orders became to much for the makers of the Blisstool and the waiting time for machines increased massively, couple this with the fact that Blisstool demanded the money upfront and could not dispatch instantly then even staunch Blisstool supporters became disheartened
I am in no doubt that the Blisstool, once mastered is a beast of a machine in experienced hands...

Our forum has in the past deleted some threads that mentioned the Blisstool....not because we dont want people to discuss this machine....but because the thread deteriorated into a "mine is better than yours" thread, and as most of you know that is 1 rule we have always stuck by on this forum, we dont allow threads that start to pitch machine versus machine.......It always ends in tears and causes bad feelings between people ......

If i was in the market for a challenge and machine change then i would seriously consider the Blisstool....
Just my opinion...
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:48 pm

Thank-you for clearing that up BA... sounds like the blisstool is like the delorian ... looks good, goes like a bomb, but only made 1000 before they went bust!!!
If the thing is so good why cant the other guys nick the technology and get it into the main stream machines... anyhows i am not one for deep digging... I'll let the plough do that for me...
Cheers BA

ray835

Post by ray835 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:50 pm

you'd be stuffed now if it went wrong as you would have to send it back to bulgaria as blisstool uk is no more .......
xp deus v3.2 ws5 phones..(one mans rubbish is another mans treasure)
optimism is finding a horse shoe then looking for the horse..

Return to “Blisstool Forum”